“Wonderful Stay..Will definetely return..”

Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Stay..Will definetely return..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Big room with beautiful interior and awesome bathroom. Room was very clean with all needed amenities provided. Very efficient, helpful and courteous staff. From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are made to feel special .

We were given a room at the ground floor facing the resort lake and buoy that was amazing. Seperate sleeping area for kids. Room had a private balcony with Sofa, Table and chairs.

Resort is located in Laguna estate which is a mini city in itself. There is so much to do in this area you wont feel like stepping out of it. You name it and they have it. Right from Tennis courts, Golf, Horse Riding, Mini Elephant safari, Marine Center (for all kind of watersports), Kids Club, Swimming Pool with Slide, private beach, private lake, Free WiFi, Market Area, Clinic etc etc. You can take there shuttle and also enjoy facilities at other Laguna properties (Angsana, Dusit, Banyan Tree etc ) with a Day pass.

Only 30 min from the airport. The only thing that might bother you is location but with all facilities available within the resort area you dont feel like going out. They can book all your island or city trips with pick up and drop to the resort. Apart for providing Limousine service they also have a Local Taxi counter which is quite affordable.

What more I can say. I initially booked for 2 nights but I think that wasnt enough. I rescheduled my flight and extended my stay :-).

Room Tip: Try to get a room on ground floor and near the beach or lake as they have big balconies and awesome...
3 Thank mohitsham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We last visited |Laguna Beach Resort (as it was then called) in 2009. We very rarely return to the same place on holiday but saw it had been changed to Outrigger and we were intrigued to see any differences and we wanted to return to Thailand.
We were not disappointed at all. We stayed in a club room - myself, husband and 2 children 6 & 9. There was plenty of room and it was spotlessly clean. I would advise a room on the upper floors because after viewing a room next to the actual lagoon, I think they could suffer a bit from a damp feeling and more likely to be attacked my mozzies.
The room gave us access to the club room - worth every single extra bit. Every evening we'd enjoy a beautiful tasting menu and complimentary cocktails or wine - a huge glass too, certainly not a sample and was regularly refilled.
The pool and beach area were great. The slide was perfect for the girls and we always found a place to lay although you still need to be early to get a bed!
The original beach shops are still there and we even found the same ladies who'd braided our daughter's hair last time - this was great as I felt the hotel weren't sweeping everyone out but rather complimented their updating of the hotel with still maintaining the local culture.
We had a couple of trips out and these were well managed, fun and worth the extra rather than going to the beach guy in terms of safety and being looked after.
We were fortunate enough to be staying at the same time as Songkran, the famous water festival. The hotel arranged a stunning ceremony with local monks and gave our children a flavour of something authentic without being overwhelming.
I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I'd advise to choose an upper level floor room as they are less likely to be damp and suffer fro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lesley C
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Lesley C,
Many thanks for making the decision to return to our resort after its recent renovation and rebranding as an Outrigger Resort.
I was delighted to read that you and your family had a great stay and enjoyed the new look of the resort in addition to the services and amenities provided as part of our club room package. Thank-you also for you participating in the Songkran festival activities, which our recreation team really enjoyed arranging.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back for a third time and until then
Thank-you again and best regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We brought our family to stay here as we all had particpated in the 9th Laguna Phuket International Marathon.
It was ideal as the start/finish line was just outside the gates.

However there are only 2 reasons why this place is not earning full marks - (1) the pillows are limp and not nice and fluffy and (2) the water pressure in the shower is slightly lacking.

Otherwise, top marks for scenery, location, facilities, aesthetic and even the pina coladas!
Our rooms - we stayed at the Lagoon wing on the ground floor were lovely and very easy to either hop on the water taxi or the reception or even restaurant and pool. They were cleaned, well maintained and 5 star quality towels, linens and haridryer.

Service was also on par - our room service was rather quick. We were attended to as promptly as possible at the pool and beach (although another pair or so of waiters would be better) and requests were met immediately. The transport service is also very efficient whether it is from the hotel or public taxi.

Our kids used the tennis courts which were very well maintained.
Breakfast is rather ordinary but whatever plates they serve were tasty.

Definitely a place that we will come back to!

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor if youd like to enjoy the verandah that spreads to the grounds. The Lagoon...
1 Thank RosieRoses
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is my second time staying here, mainly for it's location.A twenty minute drive from the airport, it sits right on the beach in the Laguna area. I originally came here with a group for a football tour, however this time I returned with my mum as I was taking part in the Phuket International Marathon. Situated right beside the start line, I couldn't have asked for a better location.

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted, and were told we could check into our room in the next hour (it was only 10am) which was a pleasant surprise. We were also upgraded to a Club Room, perhaps due to it being low season which was also an unexpected surprise.

The rest of the day was then spent chilling by the beach, where you have the option of the beach or the pool or both. The pool is quite sizeable and suitable for both adults and children with a smaller child-friendly pool and a fun water slide.

There is a lovely pool/beach-side bar which is lovely to sit by at night with a cocktail in hand.

The rooms themselves are great; large and spacious with a huge double bed. The bathrooms are amazing with a sunken bath. There's also a day-bed in the corner for reclining on and good for an afternoon nap!

Although the language barrier with staff at times proved somewhat problematic, the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful and every member of staff greets you when you walk past.

I would happily return if or when I go back to Phuket and would certainly recommend it. A quiet area, however lovely location and fantastic, new resort.

Room Tip: Sea room is obviously by the sea and waves can be fairly loud, but lovely to wake upto. Rooms overlo...
3 Thank cartwheels44
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear cartwheels44,
Many thanks for choosing to return to the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort for a second time. It was great to read you had an enjoyable stay and I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere of the Phuket International Marathon.
Thank-you very much for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you would happily return to the resort in future and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Phuket soon. (Perhaps for the Triathlon?)
Until then many thanks again and best regards
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is one of the most beautifully located hotel I have stayed in. We stayed in a Premium Sea Front room (got upgraded from a Sea View), and the proximity to the sea was just amazing. First of all though, you have to realize that the whole Laguna area is a resort complex, away from Phuket main, so if you are looking for vibrant night life, this is not your location. But for a relaxing vacation by the beach, this place is heavenly. Rooms are beautiful, food is great, you can chill by the beach or the pool for a long time, the whole experience is just amazing. The sea front rooms are a bit of a walk from the reception, but once there you can go to the beach in literally 2 minutes. The balconies open up to the sea and you can feel the wind and hear the waves. Please see attached the view from my balcony. However, the staff service is a bit random. There were periods when we kept calling reception for 10 minutes straight without them answering. We had to change rooms one day and the staff was giving us attitude despite taking forever to ready the other room. However, some other staff were quite nice and courteous. Hence I wouldn't call service terrible, but just random and unpredictable. The TV channels also were weirdly poor in picture quality, even HBO and NatGeo were quite grainy. Dunno if this is in all of Phuket but I don't think so. Regarding Laguna, they provide shuttle to other resorts in the area, with some nice restaurants. Outrigger itself has a beautiful pool and tennis facilities and gym, and decent restaurants. Overall, for a youngsters' vacation, I wouldn't recommend this, but for a couples' retreat, I would highly recommend as one of the best locations you can get.

Room Tip: Sea view is excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mei A
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I came for the Phuket marathon and stayed for 4 days. Hotel-wise, it's great. Nice rooms, great views, and overall a good place to chill with its various lounge spots, either at the cafe or the pool. Service was generally good. However, we encountered bad service on our 2nd last day, particularly in the Locavore restaurant. Not everyone mind you, but 2 ladies working during the morning shift on 9 June (we were here from 1030-1130am). One of them who took our breakfast orders had a very can't-be-bothered attitude. Got our order wrong and wanted to argue with us as well. Until I proved to her that what I had ordered was not what she served me. Another incident was the young lady who worked at the bar. I asked her for serviettes and without looking up, she told me to get it from the table. Guess what? There were no serviettes at the table. They looked like they really didn't want to work here and serve customers. This experience was enough to mar an otherwise great trip so far.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TJYeoh
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear TJYeoh,
Many thanks for choosing the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort as your hotel of choice for the Laguna Phuket International Marathon. I hope you enjoyed the race.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you received at breakfast on June 9th. While mistakes can happen, it is certainly disappointing to read that we gave you the impression that we were disinterested. I genuinely believe given the majority of comments and reviews on this site and others that the poor breakfast service delivered on this day was not the norm, but I will certainly try to understand why this happened as we normally pride ourselves in delivering friendly and caring guest service and we would not want your experience to be repeated.
I would like to again apologize for this and do hope that otherwise you had an enjoyable trip to Phuket
With very best regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The overall stay was great. There are staffs greeting us and helped us to check in into our rooms without queueing and with minimum waiting time. The staff bring us to our room was friendly and served us with smiles. However, our stay was spoilt by the service in the hotel restaurant during breakfast over a tiny bottle of jam. Specifically the waitress name is Pinky. I took the tiny bottle of jam over the service table not realizing that the table has the flavour that I wanted. I was told, rudely, that it's available on the table. I told Pinky that the table does not have the flavour that I wanted. She purposely came over to our table to show me that I was wrong. Is the jam not for guest to consume? Guest are not allowed to consume more than one tiny bottle of jam? it's ruin my appetite for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,183 reviews
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!