The hotel is right in the midst of the Laguna Complex of Hotels just on Bag Tao Beach. A well managed and run hotel, after all the GM here was until recently the GM of the JW Marriott, where he has left an incredibly efficient team to run that. Here he too is making his mark with staff willing to help and assist with your every need. Still a small way to go yet before they reach the levels of the Marriott but without having met the manager on our visit, he certainly still has a profound effect on the running of this hotel.
The rooms have all been refurbished and again to a very high standard, the beds compared to the Marriott not quite so comfy but still firm with a feather topper on ours. The rooms were immaculate as were the dining restaurants. The grounds too are immaculate tendered to, the whole of the pool areas have been renovated and it shows. Shame about the pool restaurant with the wind blowing from the sea and with no wind protection, dining there on our two occasion was a challenge to keep the glassware and crockery on the table.
The food in the restaurants of an evening was acceptable but nothing to shout home about, apart from the bread on two of the 6 evenings we dined there, when the bread was to die for. Wow! Shame about the other 4 nights, reheated rolls don’t do it for me. The chefs were always wiling to help and provide you with anything you fancied, which was a nice touch for us. The F&B manager was also extremely professional and we are grateful for his intervention to ensure that our trip was as enjoyable and memorable as possible.
A great overall hotel and I would recommend this hotel to everyone who chooses Phuket to holiday in.
A very close second to the Marriott but with a far better overall location, no fusty smell in rooms, pristine you could say, our was, so why did I enjoy the Marriott so much. Possibly the food takes it for us, I am sure that this hotel will continue to improve and I would certainly enjoy a return visit but because of my lifestyle now, I doubt I ever will, as I am at that cruising age. If you are holidaying in Phuket, choose this hotel and you will not be disappointed, one of the very best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand