“Another well managed hotel”

Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is right in the midst of the Laguna Complex of Hotels just on Bag Tao Beach. A well managed and run hotel, after all the GM here was until recently the GM of the JW Marriott, where he has left an incredibly efficient team to run that. Here he too is making his mark with staff willing to help and assist with your every need. Still a small way to go yet before they reach the levels of the Marriott but without having met the manager on our visit, he certainly still has a profound effect on the running of this hotel.

The rooms have all been refurbished and again to a very high standard, the beds compared to the Marriott not quite so comfy but still firm with a feather topper on ours. The rooms were immaculate as were the dining restaurants. The grounds too are immaculate tendered to, the whole of the pool areas have been renovated and it shows. Shame about the pool restaurant with the wind blowing from the sea and with no wind protection, dining there on our two occasion was a challenge to keep the glassware and crockery on the table.

The food in the restaurants of an evening was acceptable but nothing to shout home about, apart from the bread on two of the 6 evenings we dined there, when the bread was to die for. Wow! Shame about the other 4 nights, reheated rolls don’t do it for me. The chefs were always wiling to help and provide you with anything you fancied, which was a nice touch for us. The F&B manager was also extremely professional and we are grateful for his intervention to ensure that our trip was as enjoyable and memorable as possible.

A great overall hotel and I would recommend this hotel to everyone who chooses Phuket to holiday in.

A very close second to the Marriott but with a far better overall location, no fusty smell in rooms, pristine you could say, our was, so why did I enjoy the Marriott so much. Possibly the food takes it for us, I am sure that this hotel will continue to improve and I would certainly enjoy a return visit but because of my lifestyle now, I doubt I ever will, as I am at that cruising age. If you are holidaying in Phuket, choose this hotel and you will not be disappointed, one of the very best.

Room Tip: I prefer the Lagoon View rooms they have a water view and ours was located well.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Calpespain
Selina C, Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Calpespain,

On behalf of our General Manager and in fact the entire team, my thanks for your very positive feedback on the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was extremely pleased to read that you found many of our services and facilities of a high standard. We have also taken on board your comments on some of the areas we can review and improve.

Our thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback and should the ‘Cruising Age’ not sit quite so well with you, we would be delighted to welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Rory Campbell

There are newer reviews for Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My girlfriend (now Fiance) and I booked to stay here in June 2014 and I am writing this as we are about to enter into our final day here at the resort :(!!

I have been fortunate enough to stay at many hotels around the world and several of the nicest family resort hotels. I must say that Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort is certainly up there with the rest if not on top.

The quality of the hotel from the greeting at reception upon arrival to the food and rooms has been exceptional and we have been treated so beautifully.

We are honestly so sad to be leaving and are already planning a return for June 2015 before our wedding at least in our minds!! (If the manager sees this please look after us next year :))

It has been sad seeing a few people have not had such incredible experiences here but I can certainly not see what they are talking about and the Russian comments I find highly offensive as yes there are several Russian families here but they are nothing but pleasant and there seem to be as many British couples/families as well as Australian families and all seems lovely.

I wanted to end by mentioning the service. Having lived in Asia I know that the continent is huge on service and this hotel truly delivered on service. They could not be more helpful if they tried and the quality of the kids club staff and they way they interact with the guests is truly admirable.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone from young families to honeymooners, young couples and the seasoned traveller. It is value for money and we had such a wonderful stay. As I said I cannot wait to return next year I hope!!!

Love from Room 331 17th June - 23rd June 2014!!!!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for the sea view over the Laguna View. For the extra few hundred Baht it re...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidGreen1001
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear DavidGreen1001,
First of all, many congratulations to you on your recent engagement and thank-you for the very kind feedback you took the time to share regarding your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and would like to thank-you for highlighting the resort facilities, food quality and service you experienced. It was also great to read that you are considering to return and stay with us again in June next next year and if there is anything I can do to assist you with this, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Many thanks again for the great feedback and until next year
With very best regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have not been to Phuket for 27 years. As we have not stayed at the Laguna area, my family of 4 booked into Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort. It is next to the beach, yet we can enjoy the peace and quiet of the lagoon. It did not disappoint.
After a trouble-free check-in, we were quickly urshered to our very nice room. Our room has a king-size bed, with a nice day-bed and a nice balcony facing the lagoon. Everything in the room is working well.
I booked the seafood buffet dinner before hand and asked the customer service to prepare a cake for my wife as its her birthday. We were really pleasantly surprised that the cake was waiting for us.
Another night, after a long & exhausting day of outing, we ordered room service. The food quality was fantastic and serviced within 30 minutes. Fantastic!
The swimming pool, gym, water slide are very well kept. The Angsana spa gives very good spa and massage services too.
The most commendable is the service staff. All of them are always courteous and helpful.
Trying very hard to find a fault with this hotel: the air-con temperature control is not very effective, either too cold or too hot.
I would definitely return to Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort during the non-monsoon months.

3  Thank Boon8282

Dear Boon8282
Thank-you for choosing to stay with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort during your recent vacation. I note that this was your first trip back to Phuket in 27 years and as such I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank-you also for your kind words regarding the room quality, resort facilities and service you received during your stay.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future and until then.
Many thanks again and best regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I stayed 6 nights at this idyllic and brand new hotel that is centrally located to all the attractions in Phuket. The rooms are clean, spacious, cosy and well furnished. The staff are very approachable, friendly and warm. The hotel even has a resident baby elephant to amuse the kids and even adults twice a day. The breakfast spread was simply 'out of this world'. The hotel pool is one the main attractions as it features a pool slide and to top it all, it's just next to the private beach. Overall, we had a wonderful and memorable stay at Laguna Outrigger Resort and we will be back some day.

1  Thank BenjaminSJTan

Dear BenjaminSJTan,
Thank-you for choosing to stay with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was delighted to read you enjoyed a great family getaway and that you liked the room and resort facilities. Thank-you also for highlighting the breakfast quality and friendly service you received during your stay with us. It was great to read that you would consider returning to stay with us again some day and we look forward to welcoming you back when you do.
Many thanks again for the great feedback
With best regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

OMG! After 8 years of not visiting Phuket, we decided to revisit the place. However, instead of Patong, we went to Bangtao beach area and my hubby chose Outrigger Phuket Resort based on positive feedback from tripadvisor. And wow! Our 4day 3 night stay was a memorable one for my hubby, my 2 boys and myself! Beautiful Club Lagoon room facing the sea, very clean room and helpful polite staff. These people have made our stay an awesome one: Earn (who assisted to upgrade our room), San & Rohana (recommending places to go to), Toon, Nuna, Jolie, Anna, Fresh (staff at the club house) who have made my boys' stay an unforgettable one that they want to go back! We're looking to try the one bedroom suite when we come back in Sept! Hopefully, we'll get a good price for it!

Room Tip: Family Room for 4 people. Club lagoon offers you extra services round the clock (virtually) with sna...
1  Thank Maskal2014

Dear Maskal2014
Thank-you for choosing to revisit Phuket again after an 8 year break. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed a great family holiday and would like to thank-you for highlighting the service you received from Rohana and her team at the Club. It is great to see that you are considering to return and stay with us in September and if I can assist in any way with this, please do not hesitate to contact me
Thank-You again and best regards
Tony

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Big room with beautiful interior and awesome bathroom. Room was very clean with all needed amenities provided. Very efficient, helpful and courteous staff. From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are made to feel special .

We were given a room at the ground floor facing the resort lake and buoy that was amazing. Seperate sleeping area for kids. Room had a private balcony with Sofa, Table and chairs.

Resort is located in Laguna estate which is a mini city in itself. There is so much to do in this area you wont feel like stepping out of it. You name it and they have it. Right from Tennis courts, Golf, Horse Riding, Mini Elephant safari, Marine Center (for all kind of watersports), Kids Club, Swimming Pool with Slide, private beach, private lake, Free WiFi, Market Area, Clinic etc etc. You can take there shuttle and also enjoy facilities at other Laguna properties (Angsana, Dusit, Banyan Tree etc ) with a Day pass.

Only 30 min from the airport. The only thing that might bother you is location but with all facilities available within the resort area you dont feel like going out. They can book all your island or city trips with pick up and drop to the resort. Apart for providing Limousine service they also have a Local Taxi counter which is quite affordable.

What more I can say. I initially booked for 2 nights but I think that wasnt enough. I rescheduled my flight and extended my stay :-).

Room Tip: Try to get a room on ground floor and near the beach or lake as they have big balconies and awesome...
3  Thank mohitsham
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We last visited |Laguna Beach Resort (as it was then called) in 2009. We very rarely return to the same place on holiday but saw it had been changed to Outrigger and we were intrigued to see any differences and we wanted to return to Thailand.
We were not disappointed at all. We stayed in a club room - myself, husband and 2 children 6 & 9. There was plenty of room and it was spotlessly clean. I would advise a room on the upper floors because after viewing a room next to the actual lagoon, I think they could suffer a bit from a damp feeling and more likely to be attacked my mozzies.
The room gave us access to the club room - worth every single extra bit. Every evening we'd enjoy a beautiful tasting menu and complimentary cocktails or wine - a huge glass too, certainly not a sample and was regularly refilled.
The pool and beach area were great. The slide was perfect for the girls and we always found a place to lay although you still need to be early to get a bed!
The original beach shops are still there and we even found the same ladies who'd braided our daughter's hair last time - this was great as I felt the hotel weren't sweeping everyone out but rather complimented their updating of the hotel with still maintaining the local culture.
We had a couple of trips out and these were well managed, fun and worth the extra rather than going to the beach guy in terms of safety and being looked after.
We were fortunate enough to be staying at the same time as Songkran, the famous water festival. The hotel arranged a stunning ceremony with local monks and gave our children a flavour of something authentic without being overwhelming.
I would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I'd advise to choose an upper level floor room as they are less likely to be damp and suffer fro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lesley C
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Lesley C,
Many thanks for making the decision to return to our resort after its recent renovation and rebranding as an Outrigger Resort.
I was delighted to read that you and your family had a great stay and enjoyed the new look of the resort in addition to the services and amenities provided as part of our club room package. Thank-you also for you participating in the Songkran festival activities, which our recreation team really enjoyed arranging.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back for a third time and until then
Thank-you again and best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
#10 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!