“Excellent stay...”

Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
“Excellent stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We stay here for 2 nights and we really had a wonderfull time. The room is quite spacious, with a beautifull lake view and big sofa bed. The pool is ok, my son enjoy the slide very much. We really enjoy the boat ride from the hotel going to other hotels in the lagoon, it was so relaxing. The only complain that we have is we have to wait for around 15 minutes to get our seat during breakfast. (This is supposed to be a low season?) We will definitely come back again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Augustin S,
Thank-you for choosing to spend your family holiday with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort.
I was happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed your time both at the resort and in and around the Laguna area. I would however like to apologize for the delay you experienced in waiting to be seated for breakfast. Regrettably during your stay we had to temporarily close our larger Locavore restaurant for breakfast in order to carry out an upgrade our kitchen. This work has now been completed, but I am again sorry for the seating delay you experienced during this time.
Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I was delighted to note that you will definitely be returning to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort when you do. Until then
Thank-You again and very best regards
Tony Pedroni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here with a friend for one night after a long haul flight from the UK. I wish we had stayed longer. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff couldn't be nicer. We were greeted with flowers, juice and wet towels on check in and were offered a sea view room for a additional small price. The bathrooms are great and spacious with a high pressure large shower.

The breakfast was lovely with a large choice for all. We also had room services when we arrived and it was also lovely. The cocktails are also some of the best iv ever tasted and are reasonable. The pool area was relatively busy when we were there but we got a lounger no problem. There was an baby elephant which was taken to the hotel between 9-10 and 3- 4 in the afternoon. She was gorgeous and you could have photos with her and cuddle her. She looked so well cared for healthy.

There is not a great deal around the hotel so if your someone who gets restless lying by the pool I wouldn't recommend this hotel for long than a few nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Selina C, Director of Sales at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Lisa79057,

Thank-you for choosing to stay with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort and it was great to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly happy that you found our service and facilities of a high standard, especially the quality of our cocktails! I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and I hope your next stay can be for a little longer than a day!

Thank you again for the feedback.

South Queensferry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very nice hotel with great staff. Located on bang Tao beach which is a long and fairly narrow beach. When we visited the sea was rough and not suitable for bathing. I would not recommend the beach for small children as the waves and current were constantly strong.

The hotel has good dining options. We added access to "The Club". This was good value as the evening cocktails and snacks were good. Daytime snacks were more limited

Pool and poolside areas are well maintained with lots of staff available to help.

My main issue is the location. The hotel is one of many in the man-made "Laguna" area. Once a tin-mine, the area has been recovered and is very pretty with excellent landscaping. However, there are only very limited facilities within walking distance.

I would alos recommend that you do not use the hotel's transport service to/from the airport - it is expensive.

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are worth the premium
2 Thank DaveFaull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4D3N in June with my husband and 6 yrs old son.
I must say this is the best hotel stay till date.
The staffs are very friendly & helpful. The food is great as well.
The rooms are simply amazing. Although we did not upgrade to the club rooms, we were already very satisfied with our stay. My room faced the lagoon which gives us a peaceful morning view. The bed is super comfortable , the shower area is cool as well. I really can't find fault with this hotel. They even have a bag for your pool use. It's very useful for us cos my son placed his beach toys, goggles, water bottle in it. There's a touch light & iron in the wardrobe !
There's game room, pool table, tennis court and even squash court. Too many activities and you don't even need to get out of this resort. It's not too far from airport too.
From airport to hotel is around 25 mins.
We will definitely be back very soon.

3 Thank poonie17
Selina C, Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Poonie17,

Many thanks for your fantastic feedback on the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was thrilled you and your family had a great stay with us and was particularly happy to read that you enjoyed the convenience of our location as well as the many services and facilities.

I will be sure to pass on the feedback to our team and we all look forward to having you stay again soon.

Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I'm from Singapore and I stayed at the resort from 19 to 24 June 2014. And my family and I had a fantastic time. The accommodation was lovely, the food was great and the service was incredible. We got a club room and club access was amazing. The service staff at the club took care of us very well. My son, who is 6, enjoyed the swimming pool and the beach and had a wonderful time. The baby elephant was a real trip for him too! Thanks Outrigger for all your hard work and service.

1 Thank Lincoln M
Dear Lincoln M,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was delighted you and your family enjoyed the service and amenities of the Resort, in particular our Executive Club and our recreational facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This Hotel is first class for service, every member of staff greeted you with a smile and a bow of their head out of respect. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. My husband and I (50+) enjoyed our seven day stay first week in June. Weather we knew would be a bit rainy so we up graded to club room which made our stay even more special. The food, pool area (which they brought you iced water during the day) beach, restaurants, bar area, etc etc are all fabulous. They even have their own baby elephant!! I would highly recommend this lovely hotel.

The Management have definitely got it right at this hotel.

Room Tip: Personel Choice
Dear Jayne671192,

Many thanks for your recent feedback and for choosing to stay at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. My team and I were thrilled to read such positive feedback with regards our service and facilities. While I am sorry Phuket cannot provide perfect weather all year round (we wish it could!), I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the additional benefits and amenities of our Executive Club facilities.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is right in the midst of the Laguna Complex of Hotels just on Bag Tao Beach. A well managed and run hotel, after all the GM here was until recently the GM of the JW Marriott, where he has left an incredibly efficient team to run that. Here he too is making his mark with staff willing to help and assist with your every need. Still a small way to go yet before they reach the levels of the Marriott but without having met the manager on our visit, he certainly still has a profound effect on the running of this hotel.

The rooms have all been refurbished and again to a very high standard, the beds compared to the Marriott not quite so comfy but still firm with a feather topper on ours. The rooms were immaculate as were the dining restaurants. The grounds too are immaculate tendered to, the whole of the pool areas have been renovated and it shows. Shame about the pool restaurant with the wind blowing from the sea and with no wind protection, dining there on our two occasion was a challenge to keep the glassware and crockery on the table.

The food in the restaurants of an evening was acceptable but nothing to shout home about, apart from the bread on two of the 6 evenings we dined there, when the bread was to die for. Wow! Shame about the other 4 nights, reheated rolls don’t do it for me. The chefs were always wiling to help and provide you with anything you fancied, which was a nice touch for us. The F&B manager was also extremely professional and we are grateful for his intervention to ensure that our trip was as enjoyable and memorable as possible.

A great overall hotel and I would recommend this hotel to everyone who chooses Phuket to holiday in.

A very close second to the Marriott but with a far better overall location, no fusty smell in rooms, pristine you could say, our was, so why did I enjoy the Marriott so much. Possibly the food takes it for us, I am sure that this hotel will continue to improve and I would certainly enjoy a return visit but because of my lifestyle now, I doubt I ever will, as I am at that cruising age. If you are holidaying in Phuket, choose this hotel and you will not be disappointed, one of the very best.

Room Tip: I prefer the Lagoon View rooms they have a water view and ours was located well.
3 Thank Calpespain
Dear Calpespain,

On behalf of our General Manager and in fact the entire team, my thanks for your very positive feedback on the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. I was extremely pleased to read that you found many of our services and facilities of a high standard. We have also taken on board your comments on some of the areas we can review and improve.

Our thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback and should the ‘Cruising Age’ not sit quite so well with you, we would be delighted to welcome you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,157 reviews
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!