We stayed this hotel for 2 days. The first impression is the hotel is big and the needs 5 mins walk from the lobby to the room. That is fine and we like to have a quiet room with more privacy.
We have a lagoon view room and we love it. More importantly, we can enjoy a lot more privacy. Anyway, the room is impressive and all are new and modern.
The only drawback and I believe the most disadvantage is about the soundproof. There is a door connected to the room next door and I believe it increase the flexibility for a family needs 2 rooms. Unfortunately, on the second night, a Chinese mainlander moved in and they talked loudly. We can even not heard what the TV said. We made a complaint to the reception and they called my neighbor immediately. Few minutes later, the hotel staff called me back said all Chinese speaking staff have gone (around 11pm) and he/she could only explained the situation to my neighbor in English. He/she not sure whether my neighbor understood or not and if we could called the reception again if we heard more noise. (What a great service!?) Eventually, we needed to suffer their noise 30 minutes more. The services provided by the staff was very disappointing. Why he/she did not come over to the room and explain the situation? I believe body language would work!!
I like the swimming pool a lot and the slide is fun. The water is clean and they provided beach towel and lemon water free. Highly recommended for those visitors with kids.
The beach is totally different from the photo on the official webpage. The beach is not quite suitable for doing sunbathe and swimming.
They gym is small but sufficient for doing various exercises. It only opens till 9pm and I believe it will be better opens till 11pm.
Candy (the female elephant) goes out twice everyday. She is smart and cute. Do not miss it!! (I truly believe the hotel treats her very well. Her body is very clean.)
The restaurant is good. The price is very reasonable and very similar to the price level outside.
The wifi in the room is slow. I cannot connect to wifi in gym. The best places to have wifi is in the restaurants and swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand