“An fab hotel”

Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Brilliant everything at this hotel from checkin with Jo to the service all over hotel. And the band is fabulous. Leon and rheine are so good we spent every night at the hotel just to listen to them. I will come back especially to listen to this fab band.

Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I came here for my birthday,
terrible when I check in,the room #26X is far away from the pool and sea, my baby is very tiring when walk between pool and room,and it's hard to holding a lot of necessary (such as swim ring,toy,clothing etc)from room to pool,I asked change room to anther side,but reception told me room is full,I have to pay extra fee for upgrade sea view room,it's not my faults why I pay extra money?terrible service=terrible hotel!no mater what wonderful room and facilities!outrigger laguna's terrible service make me a terrible birthday!never come here again and never forgive!please DONT COME HERE!PLEASE!

• Stayed: July 2014
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear babyyang,

I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed with the location of the room allocated to you upon your arrival and regret that your holiday got off to such an unhappy start. As I am sure you will agree other options in addition to the sea view room were made available, but that notwithstanding, I regret that with limited availability we could not seem to find a good solution at the time. My team and I will do everything possible to make sure the rest of your stay is a pleasant and enjoyable one and hope that despite a disappointing start, you will have a great birthday and a very enjoyable family holiday.

With best regards

Tony Pedroni

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed this hotel for 2 days. The first impression is the hotel is big and the needs 5 mins walk from the lobby to the room. That is fine and we like to have a quiet room with more privacy.

We have a lagoon view room and we love it. More importantly, we can enjoy a lot more privacy. Anyway, the room is impressive and all are new and modern.

The only drawback and I believe the most disadvantage is about the soundproof. There is a door connected to the room next door and I believe it increase the flexibility for a family needs 2 rooms. Unfortunately, on the second night, a Chinese mainlander moved in and they talked loudly. We can even not heard what the TV said. We made a complaint to the reception and they called my neighbor immediately. Few minutes later, the hotel staff called me back said all Chinese speaking staff have gone (around 11pm) and he/she could only explained the situation to my neighbor in English. He/she not sure whether my neighbor understood or not and if we could called the reception again if we heard more noise. (What a great service!?) Eventually, we needed to suffer their noise 30 minutes more. The services provided by the staff was very disappointing. Why he/she did not come over to the room and explain the situation? I believe body language would work!!

I like the swimming pool a lot and the slide is fun. The water is clean and they provided beach towel and lemon water free. Highly recommended for those visitors with kids.

The beach is totally different from the photo on the official webpage. The beach is not quite suitable for doing sunbathe and swimming.

They gym is small but sufficient for doing various exercises. It only opens till 9pm and I believe it will be better opens till 11pm.

Candy (the female elephant) goes out twice everyday. She is smart and cute. Do not miss it!! (I truly believe the hotel treats her very well. Her body is very clean.)

The restaurant is good. The price is very reasonable and very similar to the price level outside.

The wifi in the room is slow. I cannot connect to wifi in gym. The best places to have wifi is in the restaurants and swimming pool.

Room Tip: The soundproof needs to be greatly improved. It really a great problem.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yuen E
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My friend is a runner and was disappointed at several hotels in Phuket for lack of running space. Another friend recommended this hotel as they organise annual marathons here. What a lovely green area. Fresh and delicious breakfast. Finally we found the first sugar free yogurt in Thailand here! Excellent room facilities. The hotel faces the lagoon and the beach but swimming in the sea in July is hardly possible as the entrance is very steap and it's stormy nearly all the time. The beach is long and beautiful for nice daily walks. Some nice restaurants around the lagoon of which we recommend Lotus.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna C
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights in July (2 adults, 4 kids), and loved it. Impeccable, stylish rooms, very comfortable, though spent all day at pool and waterslide (adults too, such fun). Khun Golf deserves very special mention - absolutely amazing with children of all ages. The Outrigger had a relaxed vibe, and friendly staff (Knot & Irina very welcoming at reception). Be careful when booking that you choose Outrigger Beach Resort, as Outrigger Resort & Villas not the same thing, very confusing.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort (OR) is set in a sprawling hotel/resort area neighbouring the likes of Banyan Tree, Dusit Thani and Angsana amongst others. These resorts are separated by lagoons and lakes making them distinct yet well connected by a laguna ferry system and laguna shuttle service.

Beware that there is another property on site that carries the Outrigger name (but these are villas and longer term apartments).

OR has two restaurants and a smaller beach cafe. It has three levels of swimming pools (a rectangle pool for quieter and more serious swimming; a large, off shaped pool with a nice 1.5 storey water chute that even adults enjoy; and a kids pool). In addition it has a games room (with X-Box, Nintendo and PS3 consoles), a squash court, two badminton courts and a tennis court. It has a not too big gym. It also has a well equipped marine centre with catamarans, canoes, windsurfing equipment. Lastly a secure kids centre.

We took two club lagoon view interconnecting rooms. This property has been recently renovated, so the rooms are well appointed and new. The club rooms allowed us to use the club for free flow of non-alcoholic drinks through out the day, a tea time with finger food (1400 to 1730) and then warm food and cocktails (including alcoholic drinks) from 1800 to 1930.

Best of all there was good speed internet at all areas and a decent activity programme throughout the day to keep everyone happy!

What we did?

+ My wife and I spent a lot of time at the club (!!) and the Angsana massage (there are four in the laguna area). I selected two times of the Angsana treatment...try it!
+ I played golf once at the Laguna Phuket (only one nine opened, the second is under maintenance), visited the gym several times
+ My children and I were at the marine centre almost everyday and tried everything (including lessons by the hotel staff in sailing and canoeing). We also spent a lot of time swimming and walking by the Bang Tao beach (just next to the hotel).
+ My 14 yo son loved the games room
+ My 10 yo daughter participated in a number of kids club activities, the water chute, horse riding (1,000THB per person a hour at a nearby horse riding provider)
+ Our family visited the elephant safari at Bang Pae. The elephant ride was good but the place is not well maintained.
+ We also did not eat at the hotel all the time. There are some nearby restaurants near the hotel (Thai restaurant - Lotus was brilliant; and Black Cat are two restaurants we would highly recommend)
+ Of course we rented a Toyota Vios for 1,000THB a day from a nearby provider and drove into Phuket town and visited severla Buddhist Wats (Chalong and Phra Tong)

The staff were brilliant right from check in to the last man at the marine centre.

It was a great stay for us and we would come back! If there were anything to be improved, I would propose that the two restaurants provide options at better prices. The Mezzo restaurant should also add some creativity to its menu to attract more diners.

And yeah...did we tell you that the hotel has a pet elephant (Candy) that visits the pool and plays with the children twice a day?

Room Tip: Take a club room...well worth the value you are paying...plus discount at the spa!
2  Thank Fibreace380
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here in low season July for a couple of nights.

Hotel room: We had the lagoon room on the ground floor with a beautiful view of the grounds and lagoon. It and the bathroom were beautifully decorated and the daybed can be converted to a double bed for kids and was also very comfortable (it's good to know that at this hotel a child is under 13 rather than the usual under 12 - huge plus and I wish other hotels would follow this lead as most people think of their 12 year old as a child). I recommend getting the ground floor room so you have more outside space...unless you have small children who could access the lagoon from there.

Grounds: The pools were perfect for the kids and one had a slide which was well used. There was waterpolo which kids and adults participated in a couple of times a day. The guys (Root, Golf etc.) who run the club and games were great with the kids. The atmosphere was good with no stuck up attitude or too many rules.

Location: Don't get confused between this hotel and the other one with almost the same name which isn't on the beach called Outrigger Laguna Phuket Villas. This one (ULPBR) It's right on Bang Tao beach which was rough and not safe for swimming in low season (high season should be fine), but this didn't matter as we used the pools. I booked the wrong hotel and thankfully I was able to cancel and re-book this one so thanks to everyone for being so understanding at both hotels and at Agoda.

Eating: There are a few restaurants that you can walk to along the beach. If you head left you will reach the Bliss beach club which is kid friendly and does tasty meals and has a kids menu. You can also hire a beach bed and towel there and it has a small pool. If you head into Bang Tao village, good restaurants are the Bistro (good for western and Thai) and Emmy (Thai).

The only gripe was the live music which they played in the restaurant in the evenings. I like live music but unfortunately because the hotel is surrounded by the beautiful lagoon, any music playing gets distorted when it travels, so if you decide to hang out in your hotel room our enjoy the outside patio, you can't escape the music.

We loved the relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff and beautiful hotel and would definitely return!

Room Tip: If you get the lagoon view room (the cheapest option) request a ground floor room which has a nice p...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Choeng Thale
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
#11 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!