we spent a week here, but not our first choice as our original booking was at Royal Phuket yacht Club. This booking was cancelled 2 weeks before departure without explanation and the outrigger was substituted on assurances from the agent it was equal in quality.
The location is out of the way, its a 700Bht taxi ride to Patong and only a small village nearby.
The welcome hostess Jo was the outstanding employee, she was extreamly helpful in so many ways with an excellent command of English.
The hotel is 5 star and well appointed, unfortuneatly July is not the time to be at this location, lots of wind and the beach is almost washed away. Come in December thru March to see it at its best.
Th hotel is ajoined by a number of other expensive hotels and shares a small shopping area. This is expensive, especially the Mini mart which sells a lot of food items and wine at outrageous prices, a Bottle of Oyster Bay Savinion Blanc for A$ 125.00. I wanted to take a photo, but was not allowed.
We went to Tesco to shop, which is only worth it if you buy alcohol, remember alcohol can only be bought after 5PM.The taxi cost 600Bht.
The breakfast is great and all you could wish for, otherwise the resurants are limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea, the property features the finest in accommodation – all completely renovated with modern interiors subtly blended with contemporary Thai touches.The resort occupies a prime position on the famed Bangtao beach where white sand and calm, clear waters combine to create an idyllic tropical setting. The absolute beachfront location provides easy access to beach activities for families and couples alike.For guests seeking a more personalized experience, the resort now boasts a dedicated Club floor (the only such facility in the area). Club floor guests will enjoy a private breakfast venue, snacks and drinks throughout the day and themed cocktail events in the evening.All guests also enjoy access to the Banyan Tree and Angsana Day Spas, championship 18 hole golf course, wedding chapel, and signing privileges at over 30 restaurants and bars that form part of the Laguna Destination Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Beach Hotel Thalang
- Laguna Beach Thalang
- Laguna Beach Phuket
- Laguna Beach Resort Phuket
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Thailand