“Perfection”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Annecy, France
“Perfection”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I almost always find things to criticise when staying in hotels, but, this time, I have no negative comments at all ! The hotel is situated between a thoroughly gorgeous clean beach and a lagoon. The rooms are extremely comfortable and the fittings of the highest quality. We received a free upgrade to a suite with a view over both the beach and the lagoon and I can safely say thatit is the most comfortable room I've ever slept in ! There is a baby elephant walking around the hotel beach which is very cute and which gives smacking kisses with its trunk.
The only disadvantage with the location is that it is not served by buses which means having to take a taxi from the airport for 700 baht (€ 18) which is expensive compared with the minibuses which can take you further down the coast to Patong and Phuket town. But I suppose that's the price you pay for being located in the posh, quiet part of the island.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CorinneDhenin
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear CorinneDehnin,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort and would like to thank-you for your very kind feedback. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the beach front location and that you found the suite very comfortable.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the future and until then

Thank-you again and best regards

Tony Pedroni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Suites were brilliantly equipped, spacious and of high quality and standard. Cleaners, chefs, hotel staff and restaurant staff were all so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much hassle for them. Our driver, Sandee was absolutely amazing! So knowledgable, friendly and fun!! We hit it off as soon as he picked us up from the airport. Anytime we needed him to pick us up he was there! The two whole days we went out with him site seeing we're by far the two best days of the trip! Made our trip so special and memorable. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just stayed here for a week with my wife for our wedding anniversary. This is a great place. Very clean, friendly staff, nice pool, nice beach, good music each night in main bar area. It is out of the way from Patong but taxi only $20 Aus if you want to head there, and we liked being away from the hussle. Lots of things to do at the resort in any case. Some very good local restaurants just outside resort area that will come and pick you up and drop back for free, you can find these on trip advisor or ask staff. Overall had a great time and can't wait to come back!!

3 Thank CarlNorman
Dear CarlNorman,
Thank-you for choosing to stay with us for your recent wedding anniversary. I was delighted to read that you had a great time and that you enjoyed the facilities and service you received during your stay. It was great to read also that you plan to return again and we do look forward to welcoming you back when you do. Until then

Many thanks again and best regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 11 days, and thoroughly enjoyed ever minute. This is a fairly big resort with lots of facilities and things to do.
There were a lot of families in residence, and their appeared to be lots to do for children.
A great room that opened out onto either the pool or the sea, both great swimming areas.
A good choice of eating areas in the resort, or eat out not far away.
A wonderful relaxing place to be.

Room Tip: Take a room on the second level, that opens out onto the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear rarpos,

Many thanks for choosing to spend your vacation with us at the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort. Thank-You also for taking the time to share your feedback in which I was delighted to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Phuket in the near future and until then.

Thank-you again and very best regards

Japan
Reviewed 25 August 2014

That was a memorable day we spent at here, Outrigger.
I want to recommend the resort to many of you, I hope you can read my bad English and long post.
We stayed only one night here, it was last night of our Phuket days and I found it was fail when we arrived at the hotel. We decided we should stay longer at the next time.
We had stayed at Patong area where one of hot beach spot of Phuket before we came Outrigger.
Patong are also nice. You can get every thing at any time, the night life is substantial. But little bit noisy for us. Because we stayed at little far from main of Patong(20 minutes by walk) but the noisy disco sound of night club can reached at our balcony. (little bit)
Outrigger was calm. We stayed the sea view room, you can hear calm roar of waves at your room.
You can do anything at the hotel. They have special swiming pool, privately beach, nice bar, restaurante. They have a mini wagon, a boat, you can move anywhere you want in the huge resort.
I especially recommed you, is the Club.
The club is nice place that you can get the drinks, cocktails, snacks, flutes, each service available depends thire time.
The staff is also good. Tukta P'yok who is one of the club area was nice to us. She served us anything we want; another wine, delicious sandwiches with her nice cute smile, thanks Tukki!
Other staffs are also good, almost staff are well educated speaking English. And all of them have nice smile. Smile made us happier:) and they were so friendly, when we met at the corridor, they said " Sawadee" to us.
Baby elephant named Candy is cute and clever. You can meet and take some photos with her at the pool side.
I feel frustrated that I can’t express myself with right words. I need to learn more about adjective to express such a nice hotel,,,,
Sorry for writing Japanese but ほんとに素敵な時間を過ごせる場所です。夏休みに伺いましたが思いのほか日本人が少なかったです。なのでもっともっと日本人の方々にもオススメしたいです。お会いできませんでしたが、日本人のスタッフさんもいらっしゃるようです。他のスタッフの方も我々の拙い英語でも真剣に耳を傾けてくれて少しでもリクエストに応えようとしてくれます。オススメしておりますクラブ特典を利用するとほんと丸一日ホテルの外に出ずダラダラ過ごせちゃう、リゾートならではの設備が整っています。
ぜひ一度体験下さい。
Thank you for reading my post. "Outrigger" pronounce "A-U-TO-RI-GA" in Japanese. Pls rearrange the words, it will be "A-RI-GA-TO-U". It means "Thank you" in Japanese.
Outrigger everyone!

Doha
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

An Excellent Resort
My wife and I spent three nights in August 2014 in a Club Room with Sea View.
The location of the resort is relatively good for couples to relax and enjoy in a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. Besides the beach, the swimming pool, and the resort facilities, couples can spend some time around the Laguna Beach area. They can enjoy the nearby Laguna five star resorts with restaurants of variety food, the small shopping village with nice landscaping, and the Laguna itself. The transportation by boat/shuttle bus is free within the Laguna area.
The sea view from the Club Room is very good and the sound of the waves at is amazing. The Club members enjoy their breakfast and the afternoon tea in the club at the laguna, which we really enjoyed it, it is quiet and relaxing with very helpful staff.
I did not Like:
The seating area in the beach is always occupied. Smoking in public places in the resort is allowed.

Tip: I always recommend to not exceed four nights in any resort.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rashid A
Busan, South Korea
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A nice resort to stay with kids or just for anyone who wants to get away and to relax .The location is great, it takes about 20-30 mins drive from the airport. The resort is very peaceful outside, spacious and clean. We were a little bit disturbed by the Chinese ladies next door, who had a loud conversation at 6 a.m. every morning:(
My husband and our 9 years old son spent all day long at the pool, swimming and sliding. I was enjoying on my beach chair with a different cocktail every day. We went to the beach for a swim as well. The water in the sea is very warm and clean , but not so clear , because of the waves. I wouldn't recommend to swim in the sea with small kids for the safety reasons. Our kid had his life jacket on.
The food was ok, but not as good as we expected. Quite a limited choice compare to other resorts we stayed before. The food at the resort was a kind of plain for us. What we wanted is to experience a real Thai flavor.
With a help of the reception we booked one dinner at the local seafood restaurant Chaba. The restaurant has a free shuttle bus and it takes around 5 mins drive . The food was great. We picked up some fresh king prawns and crab at the corner of the restaurant and they were cooked for us with some sauce. Everything was great.However the prices were similar to Outrigger resort ones.

Another disappointment was about fruits. I couldn't find any yellow mango fruit, bananas and other local fruits. And we couldn't go and buy it outside either, because the resort is away from the center or other busy streets.
Instead , I enjoyed a fresh guava juice during my breakfast and a coconut juice during the lunch. It was great and very refreshing!
I have to mention also a lady at the beach who cooks and cells a sweet corn. I would strongly recommend to try it!
In overall, I would give this resort a 4 star out of 5.

Room Tip: I would recommend it particularly to families with small kids.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!