We have just returned from an amazing two week trip to Thailand for our wedding and honeymoon. The first week was spent at The Surin for our wedding and we couldn't possibly have asked for a more perfect venue, team and time. Khun Bat and the rest of her team looked after us amazingly and we can't thank them enough. The organisation during the lead up to the wedding was smooth and painless and very thorough. The day itself went exceptionally smoothly with everything under control by the Surin team. The food was out of this world with just about every guest commenting 'this is the best wedding food I've ever had' - and we have some very 'foody' friends and family!
Our stay for the week was fantastic. We had a large group of about 40 friends and family all staying with us at the resort and everyone had an absolute ball. The location of the hotel is ideal - as you are removed enough from the hustle and bustle and basically have one of the best beaches in Phuket on your doorstep and all to yourselves (albeit with the fantastic service available from the one family of beach vendors) - yet, you can also easily wander down the hill to nearby Surin beach bars for a more adventurous night out.
The food was all fantastic and reasonably priced, starting with breakfast (which rates right up there with the Ritz breakfasts we enjoyed during our second week in Thailand!), to the tasty pizzas and snack menu available around the pool to the more formal dinner offerings.
We scored a massage from the spa treatment and although I'm not much of a spa/massage guy, I did thoroughly enjoy it. As did others from our group who tried them out. Many of our group also enjoyed some of the beach massages which don't quite give you the overall experience and pampering of the hotel spa - are a 'bit' cheaper:)
All in all we had a very memorable week at The Surin and I couldn't fault it.
If you're considering staying there, I would definitely recommend it. Don't let the stairs put you off, we had a number of 'prams' within our group and whilst this was at times a pain for people it certainly didn't offset the overall experience of a fantastic hotel/resort.
If you're considering The Surin as a wedding destination - I'd embrace it. Don't worry about wedding planners and the like - as Khun Bat and her team are more than capable of looking after your needs - they are truly fantastic and made our wedding absolutely perfect.
Looking forward to future visits for anniversaries!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Travelbag, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Thailand