The Surin Phuket is my most favorite hotel, to date. I still daydream about laying out at the beach, enjoying the unbelievable views. If I could go back tomorrow, I would in a heartbeat.
The hotel is gorgeous. We stayed in a one bedroom hillside cottage. I loved that we had our own little "house". The staff is extremely friendly and always willing to help.
The hotel is on a small, private beach (Pansea Beach) that is shared with another hotel, but you honestly feel like you have the entire beach to yourself. They have kayaks and other fun water activities that guests can take out onto the ocean for free. There is a family who walks up and down the beach selling beers and other drinks for super cheap- maybe $5 a drink? They aren't bothersome; just a nice family who wants to make a living. There are also a few ladies who will offer massages on the beach. Those were around $12 for an hour long massage. I think I got one of those almost everyday! There is also free bottled water at the hotel which was a definite plus for us. Every afternoon the hotel staff would bring out fruit on a stick to those sitting around the pool which was a nice touch!
Breakfast was included in our rate. The assortment was great- everything was fresh and delicious. We had dinner at both Lomtalay and the Sunset Cafe, as well. Great food! Most nights we did walk down to Surin Beach though for dinner.
The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to Surin Beach, which has a ton of restaurants to choose from. Super cheap curries and seafood dishes. Pass up the Catch Beach Club and keep walking south. It's an over priced restaurant/beach club. Most of the restaurants were cash only, just an fyi. We went to Taste, Salt and Sea Breeze- all fantastic.
We booked two activities through the hotel- a group speedboat tour to the Phi Phi Islands and an elephant trek with Siam Safari. Definitely recommend doing the trek with Siam Safari. It was an incredible experience (and we only did a 30 minute ride)! I recommend doing a private speedboat tour instead of a group tour. The beaches that we visited on the boat tour got a little crowded. I'm sure the hotel could assist in booking that.
As a side note, if you are looking for a tailor while in Phuket, my husband got a suit and jacket made at the Surin Armani. The shop is located right at the end of the hill from the hotel. They custom made it in less than 36 hours. Highly recommended!
Stop searching for hotels and go ahead and book The Surin for your stay in Phuket! You'll thank me for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Thailand