“Peaceful magical Joyful”

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Sydney, Australia
“Peaceful magical Joyful”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Have just returned from a spontaneous trip to The Surin. We found the hotel really to be very special, discreet, elegant, courteous and so beautifully laid out that it felt completely private.
The fitness centre is well postioned, facing the beach, and is also well equipped. Spa treatments are wonderful and the cafes and restaurants very very good - and really not expensive for the exquisite service and dining.
We were very happy with the stairs, kept us quite fit. there are lots but worth the climb!
We love quiet, elegant resorts, we dont like flashy over the top, just places that sit sensitively with nature and the Surin was all of that with wonderful Thai service.
We will go back as soon as we can and take our daughter this time, as the hotel is completely suitable for well behaved children.

Room Tip: 312 and surrounding cottages are well positioned.
1 Thank Heidim180
The_Surin_RM, Manager at The Surin Phuket, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Surin Phuket. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff so helpful.

At the Surin Phuket, we aim to give every guest a personal experience and to provide a quality of life that enables our guests to escape the everyday.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again, until then my best wishes from Phuket!

Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Galle, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent my husband's birthday at The Surin Phuket.
We enjoyed every moment of it. Special shout out to the staff at The Surin;
We had a singing butler who brought a birthday cake to our room. The service staff who helped secretly arranged the cake with me. The Executive Chef Alberto who was generous enough to give me my favorite loaf of multigrain malt bread. The staff who supplied us with lemons everyday for my husband's troubled stomach.
I can't help but also mention the generous amount of complimentary bottles of water, and the well equipped gym.
Oh I can go on and on, but don't take my word for it, you got to try out this lovely hotel.

We will be back, when the sea is calmer ;)
Hugs..
Ernest & Dawn

Room Tip: Up on the hill is great, but be ready for some cardio leading towards your villa.
3 Thank Diva_D_11
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your favorable feedback following your stay at the Surin Phuket.

It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us, and that you particularly appreciated the helpful and courteous service of our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Surin Phuket in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was unenthusiastically dared also during stay to do nothing.
It listened to the sound of a wave, the sound of a wind, and the sound of a plant or a living thing which can be heard.
It could be united with nature.
I think that it is a good hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank mamaka75
Dear Guest

It is rewarding for us that you had a great experience during your recent stay with us, having the secluded location and tranquility of our beach and bay.

Your compliments are deeply appreciated. We are pleased that you had the full experience of the Surin Phuket during your stay.

Our staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights after the Sarojin in Khao Lak. It's a lovely hotel in a great position. Found the hotel restaurants a little pricey but take a 10 minute walk down the road to Surn beach and there's amazing affordable restaurants (Taste was our favourite) and bars. Catch bar is brilliant to sit and people watch and have a few drinks. Yes, there's loads of steps at the hotel, but you go up them what...twice a day? The staff were brilliant, and luckily it was low season so the hotel was nice and quiet. We will be back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul V
Dear Guest

Our staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore
Reviewed 2 June 2014

spent the weekend there for a birthday, was an absolute delight from the beginning to the end.

Nicolas (the MD I guess?) greeted us "en francais" upon arrival and before being escorted to the room and shown the facilities.
Staff was adorable throughout the whole stay, they even brought a homemade cake to my girlfriend for her birthday!
Breakfast is kept simple but all the products are really fresh and well presented.

Best asset of the hotel is obviously the beach, perfectly maintained. We were litterally alone on a 500-meter white sand beach.

Rooms are excellent too, everything is clean and works well.
it's just a few minutes away from Catch and other beach clubs on Surin so location work well too!
will be back!

Room Tip: ask for a room near the reception if you don't want to walk the stairs up and down too much if...
3 Thank DedeSingapore
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Surin Phuket is my most favorite hotel, to date. I still daydream about laying out at the beach, enjoying the unbelievable views. If I could go back tomorrow, I would in a heartbeat.

The hotel is gorgeous. We stayed in a one bedroom hillside cottage. I loved that we had our own little "house". The staff is extremely friendly and always willing to help.

The hotel is on a small, private beach (Pansea Beach) that is shared with another hotel, but you honestly feel like you have the entire beach to yourself. They have kayaks and other fun water activities that guests can take out onto the ocean for free. There is a family who walks up and down the beach selling beers and other drinks for super cheap- maybe $5 a drink? They aren't bothersome; just a nice family who wants to make a living. There are also a few ladies who will offer massages on the beach. Those were around $12 for an hour long massage. I think I got one of those almost everyday! There is also free bottled water at the hotel which was a definite plus for us. Every afternoon the hotel staff would bring out fruit on a stick to those sitting around the pool which was a nice touch!

Breakfast was included in our rate. The assortment was great- everything was fresh and delicious. We had dinner at both Lomtalay and the Sunset Cafe, as well. Great food! Most nights we did walk down to Surin Beach though for dinner.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to Surin Beach, which has a ton of restaurants to choose from. Super cheap curries and seafood dishes. Pass up the Catch Beach Club and keep walking south. It's an over priced restaurant/beach club. Most of the restaurants were cash only, just an fyi. We went to Taste, Salt and Sea Breeze- all fantastic.

We booked two activities through the hotel- a group speedboat tour to the Phi Phi Islands and an elephant trek with Siam Safari. Definitely recommend doing the trek with Siam Safari. It was an incredible experience (and we only did a 30 minute ride)! I recommend doing a private speedboat tour instead of a group tour. The beaches that we visited on the boat tour got a little crowded. I'm sure the hotel could assist in booking that.

As a side note, if you are looking for a tailor while in Phuket, my husband got a suit and jacket made at the Surin Armani. The shop is located right at the end of the hill from the hotel. They custom made it in less than 36 hours. Highly recommended!

Stop searching for hotels and go ahead and book The Surin for your stay in Phuket! You'll thank me for it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank TravelingChelsea
Singapore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Surin. It has front beach, a nice pool, gym, spa, library - everything you would look for in a relaxing vacation. There are some minus points though..
- We stayed in a 2-bedroom cottage and there's just one toilet and one (stand) bathroom, so we had to wait for each other in our morning routine.
- There's no lift in the resort, so if you have troubles walking upstairs you'd better ask them to arrange a room on a lower level or nearer to the lobby.
- There are a lot of insects and flies because they have trees everywhere. I even saw a snake on the way from my room to the lobby, which made me quite scared.

If you're looking for a quiet place to just relax, The Surin would be a perfect choice. You can walk out to the nearby neighborhood for more F&B options and take a cab (500 THB) to Patong.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
The Slate
The Slate
#3 of 9 in Nai Yang

Been to The Surin Phuket? Share your experiences!