We are four and a half days into our stay and we are in LOVE with this place! We did a lot of research on where to stay in Phuket, and The Surin kept grabbing our attention. So we booked it. We are so glad we did. My husband and I are both sea lovers and Pansea Beach is phenomenal. It is the low season, monsoon season, which means the sea is what some would call rough. But if you love swells and waves it's absolutely perfect. The lifeguards are wonderful letting you know when and where on the beach it is better to swim. We have been boogie boarding every day and catching some fantastic rides. In addition to boogie boards, The Surin has surfboards, stand up paddle boards, kayaks and hobie cats for the guests to use, although the hobie cats are not in operation in the low season.
We are in a hillside cottage with a partial view of the beach. It's quite private and very cozy, and surrounded by fauna of various sorts and amazing birds. The Surin is an all cottage resort built on a hillside overlooking Pansea Beach and the Andaman Sea. Most reviewers mention the stairs. I will agree, there are lots of stairs. If you have mobility issues I would look elsewhere. Otherwise, you just look at the stairs as your daily workout.
The food is very good here, and the breakfast is lovely with lots of variety, beautiful fresh local fruit, homemade croissants, danishes and jams, muesli and fresh yoghurts, Thai/Asian choices, and your typical Western breakfast. You have a choice of at least five fresh juices. Good coffee, too!
Staff members at The Surin are WONDERFUL. We had an issue opening our window and they came right away to fix it. Also, the A/C was not working optimally. Again, they came quickly to attend to the issue. Every staff member is so kind and pleasant, always making you feel welcome.
I cannot speak highly enough of The Surin. If you are having trouble deciding where to book on Phuket, do yourself a favor and book The Surin. You will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surin Phuket is an exclusive beach retreat for discerning travelers, families and couples seeking relaxation and indulgence in a serene beachfront setting. A member of Design Hotels™ and located on the tranquil Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Thailand.Offering a total of 103 hillside and beachfront cottages and suites all discreetly built into a carefully conserved landscape amidst coconut trees and gently sloping down to meet a small coral reef. The Surin, Phuket offers a contemporary Thai experience in timeless simplicity and modern sophistication. Shaded by a canopy of coconut trees and joined together by a network of jungle walkways the Hillside Cottages are just the things for guests who wish to experience a tropical rustic experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Surin Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surin Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Chedi Phuket Thalang
- Chedi Hotel Phuket
- The Surin Phuket Thailand