“Day trip and live aboard diving”

Bangtao Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Choeng Thale
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dive shop in Bangtao Beach, Phuket. It’s not far from Surin Beach only 500 meters. Just walk a few steps to reach our dive shop. Our shop we have diving equipment difference brand for sell.We are also just one who’s sell as comprehensive such as Masks, Snorkels, Fins, Wet Suit, Dive Bag & Cases, Torches, Dive Knives, Marine Book, Accessories.We are also a diving school. Diving courses are start from the beginning the Discover Scuba Diving to professional Divemaster. We also offer half day diving to the Koh Weah and full day trip to Rcha Yai, King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai., Shark Point, Phi Phi Island and Similan Islands (The dive site top 10 in the world for the Similan Islands).For Similan Islands we have 1day trip and live a board. It’s a good chance to see Manta Ray, Shark, and Whale Shark etc. It offers a good service yummy food look sunrise& sunset at sundeck and friendly service you will never forget our service
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was staying in the hotel not far away from the Bang Tao Dive Center. I first went with them for a day trip to do 3 dives and Shark Point, Koh Doc Mai and King Cruiser. A nice day trip. James who was the owner and diving intructor was really helpful, pick me from the hotel at 7 am sharp as agreed, got all the kit, gave me as well a torch as we went to a couple of underwater caves so it was very helpful especially when other divers who were with different operators were somehow lost in the dark or had to rely on their instructors' torches. He clearly knows the dive sites well as guided me really well to see all importnat and relevant parts of it. He took plenty of underwater high quality photos and burned a CD for me and got it to my hotel a few days later. A really nice gift and something to apperiate on a wet and cold evening back in the UK. So with that experience I had no hesitation to book through them a 3 day trip to Similan Islands with South Siam Divers. I think he acts as an agent for them. Again equipment was very good, BCD and Octopus. Bang Tao Diving Center DID NOT EVEN CHARGED ME FOR THE RENTAL!!! They organise transfer, delived and sent back all the equipment. All on time and super efficient with the usual Thai smile! So I will be back in Phuket next year and will have no hesitation to use them again for my diving trips. Fantastic service.

3  Thank BorysD2013
in 53 reviews
"padi"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked a snorkel trip with Bangtao Dive Center after reading all of their positive diving reviews and while we perhaps didn't ask the right questions before confirming, it was a distinctly average experience that had some quite bad moments. You arrive at a crowded port where you collect a life vest and snorkel equipment that appear never to have been cleaned -- no kids snorkel gear and you have to pay extra for flippers (have never experienced this before despite snorkeling all over the world.) You then take a speedboat to an incredibly crowded island packed with tourists flinging handfuls of bread into the water to attract fish -- the surface of the seafloor around the island is filled with beer bottles and other trash (our kids spent about an hour fishing out bottles and cans to dispose of them properly.)

One of our masks broke within minutes of arriving and we had to track down the guide to take us on the additional snorkeling trip -- this element was the only highlight of the trip as we could see different varieties of fish and were only a few people from the earlier trip. There is then a mediocre lunch back on the dirty, crowded island before you head back and as it was low tide, we had to walk for about 10 minutes back into shore either through the water or on a floating bridge, carrying all of our gear. Again, we probably should have done more homework before booking this trip but it was a disappointment -- there are surely better snorkel options in Phuket.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My Wife and I went diving with this outfit to King Cruiser, Shark Point, and Koh Doc Mai and we were very satisfied. We called the day before and one of their representatives came to our hotel and took our information and signed us up for the dive. They picked us up promptly at 700am the next day and we met our dive master and his name is Bond, James Bond. Very nice guy and he obviously loves his job. Had three great dives with a relatively packed boat which can be awful but Mr Bond was very good at timing our entry into the water to avoid standing there all geared up for 1/2 hour like sometimes happens on a packed boat. He took pictures and made us a disc which was very nice and unexpected. Will definitely dive with them again. 5 Stars!!!!

1  Thank mike k
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Staying in Bangtao Beach and wanting to do my open water course - I found Bangtao Dive Center which has a fantastic instructor James Bond. A really easy going great communicator good and great skills he explained in detail the course. 3 days of fun with James Bond and his Co instructor Adam and a Fantastic time and Great dives over 2 days of the course. Fully recommend to any one wanting to dive.

1  Thank Mark D