Review Highlights
Apichart Hongthong

The best diving in Phuket! Good experience for our fist time discover scuba diving course. Nice... read more

Reviewed 10 June 2018
Oumpoon_c
Thailand
via mobile
Memorable experience with the best dive master

Bangtao is going beyond my expectation. I have been using dive service from other places before but... read more

Reviewed 9 May 2018
Lyn S

All reviews james bond open water course diving experience racha yai great diving similan islands via facebook beach area his team instructor equipment bangtao boat phuket liveaboard
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I got my open water dive certification here. The instructors were good (neither was named James Bond as several of the other reviews here suggest), the boats used were good, and the dive site (Racha Yai islands) was also good.

This place was cheaper than many other places I found online in Phuket. It was also the only one I could find online that did not charge extra for pickups in the Laguna area.

However, the person who runs the dive center does not speak good English at all. It was quite hard to communicate with her and there were several miscommunications. They also did not seem very organized. A day before my pool training day, they told me that I would have to have my pool training at the small pool in the villa I was living at instead of at a proper pool. They also asked if they could move my dives out by a day the night before I was scheduled to head out since their usual boat would not be going to the islands. I also ended up having two instructors (one for the first 2 days, and another for the third day) due to a scheduling conflict. They did get me out another boat as scheduled though.

They were quite accommodating to change. My friend also did a Similan islands live aboard with them, and she wanted to stay an extra 2 days after getting there. They were able to set that up for her without any problems.

Overall, I'd say if possible, perhaps try one of the dive centers inside the hotels in the area. Outrigger seemed to have a decent place.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Recently I went to Phuket and Phi Phi to dive for 3 days. I come across BangTao dive center from my friend recommendation. ofcoz My friend did not let me down. Bangtao dive shop is well organize with excellent English communication. I took a one day diving trip with them. I must say it is the most bang for the diving buck. Great accommodation and services with reasonable price. What i impress the most is the Dive leader named Bond. Since he has been lives in Phuket most of his life, he has a tremendous knowledge of habitat in the area. He was able to lead me to find particular local marine life that i wish to see.

Moreover, Bond also film and took photo of me during diving and share them with me without extra charge. I was delight to dive with him and plan to return to Phuket again next Feb.

1  Thank Cheravuth T
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I recently got a chance to dive around phuket and Phi Phi island for the first time. And my friend recommend me to dive with Bangtao dive center. My friend recommendation did not let me down. I had such a wonderful experience with this shop. Great accommodation with reasonable price. What I impress the most is the experience dive leader named BOND. He spend most of his life in phuket area. Therefore, He has tremendous knowledge of all the dive sites in the area.

With his knowledge, he was able to help me locate any local marine life that I wish to see. For my case, I wanted to see shark and Bond did not let me down.

Moreover, he also film and took picture of me during dive and share them with me without extra charge.

I am totally satisfied with Bangtao dive shop and plan to dive with them again in 2 month.

2  Thank ChreavuthU
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was staying in the hotel not far away from the Bang Tao Dive Center. I first went with them for a day trip to do 3 dives and Shark Point, Koh Doc Mai and King Cruiser. A nice day trip. James who was the owner and diving intructor was really helpful, pick me from the hotel at 7 am sharp as agreed, got all the kit, gave me as well a torch as we went to a couple of underwater caves so it was very helpful especially when other divers who were with different operators were somehow lost in the dark or had to rely on their instructors' torches. He clearly knows the dive sites well as guided me really well to see all importnat and relevant parts of it. He took plenty of underwater high quality photos and burned a CD for me and got it to my hotel a few days later. A really nice gift and something to apperiate on a wet and cold evening back in the UK. So with that experience I had no hesitation to book through them a 3 day trip to Similan Islands with South Siam Divers. I think he acts as an agent for them. Again equipment was very good, BCD and Octopus. Bang Tao Diving Center DID NOT EVEN CHARGED ME FOR THE RENTAL!!! They organise transfer, delived and sent back all the equipment. All on time and super efficient with the usual Thai smile! So I will be back in Phuket next year and will have no hesitation to use them again for my diving trips. Fantastic service.

3  Thank BorysD2013
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked a snorkel trip with Bangtao Dive Center after reading all of their positive diving reviews and while we perhaps didn't ask the right questions before confirming, it was a distinctly average experience that had some quite bad moments. You arrive at a crowded port where you collect a life vest and snorkel equipment that appear never to have been cleaned -- no kids snorkel gear and you have to pay extra for flippers (have never experienced this before despite snorkeling all over the world.) You then take a speedboat to an incredibly crowded island packed with tourists flinging handfuls of bread into the water to attract fish -- the surface of the seafloor around the island is filled with beer bottles and other trash (our kids spent about an hour fishing out bottles and cans to dispose of them properly.)

One of our masks broke within minutes of arriving and we had to track down the guide to take us on the additional snorkeling trip -- this element was the only highlight of the trip as we could see different varieties of fish and were only a few people from the earlier trip. There is then a mediocre lunch back on the dirty, crowded island before you head back and as it was low tide, we had to walk for about 10 minutes back into shore either through the water or on a floating bridge, carrying all of our gear. Again, we probably should have done more homework before booking this trip but it was a disappointment -- there are surely better snorkel options in Phuket.