“Miraculous experience underwater”

Bangtao Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Choeng Thale
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dive shop in Bangtao Beach, Phuket. It’s not far from Surin Beach only 500 meters. Just walk a few steps to reach our dive shop. Our shop we have diving equipment difference brand for sell.We are also just one who’s sell as comprehensive such as Masks, Snorkels, Fins, Wet Suit, Dive Bag & Cases, Torches, Dive Knives, Marine Book, Accessories.We are also a diving school. Diving courses are start from the beginning the Discover Scuba Diving to professional Divemaster. We also offer half day diving to the Koh Weah and full day trip to Rcha Yai, King Cruiser, Koh Doc Mai., Shark Point, Phi Phi Island and Similan Islands (The dive site top 10 in the world for the Similan Islands).For Similan Islands we have 1day trip and live a board. It’s a good chance to see Manta Ray, Shark, and Whale Shark etc. It offers a good service yummy food look sunrise& sunset at sundeck and friendly service you will never forget our service
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I went for a scuba diving Openwater course with Bangtao Dive Center and found it easier than it looks at first.The instructor explain clearly about the usage of equipments and all diving theory such as buoyancy etc.And the diving area they chose for my first dive was very impressed.My first dive was in RachaYai island.Underwater world was an amazing experience for me.Next time diving I'm choosing this dive center for sure!

1  Thank chalsia
"wonderful trip"
in 3 reviews
"bang tao"

Reviewed 16 May 2014

At the end of March, my brother and I bought a package of Shore Diving at Kata beach from Bang Tao Diving Center. James, owner/instructer there met at at the appionted area as promised. The diving area around there was good (you can't compare it with Similan, of course!). What surprised me was amount of divers diving there, not more than 10 divers there including us! I suggest that if you don't have much time like us, and still want to do diving, this is a great spot to try. Thanks to James for his kind hospitality and expertise. He also took the plastic garbages undereater back and discard it properly on land!

1  Thank KANATT
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently booked a two dive trip to Koh Racha Yai. Our guide was James Bond..Khun Bond is passionate about diving and taking care of his clients. Same can be said for his colleagues. The first reef was Lucy's Reef...there are lots of lionfish and clown fish -- we did see a stonefish too and good array of colorful triggerfish. The better dive was the second site, Home Run reef. There are two wrecks (old fishing boats) at 18m and 25m, with lots of fish, great examples of nudibranches, and shrimp. We also saw a moray eel. Really enjoyed the day, particularly the second dive. Everything was well organized and no problems with logistics or our gear. thank you! Next time will do the Shark point, 3 dive trip. Recommend Bangtao!

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a typical dive center only better as the bathrooms are. Ew and clean. Otherwise they have the essentials of what you'll need on your water trip: sunscreen, water, over priced beer, hats, swim suits and dry bags.

Bangtaodive, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at Bangtao Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

We are sorry to hear about your experience. However, you may give a review to a wrong shop. Bangtal Dive Center is a dive center in Bangtao beach. We provide diving trips and courses. We also rent and sell diving accessories, but we have never sold sunscreen, water, beer, and swim suits at our shop. Moreover, we always keep our shop neat and clean to delight our customers. If you have a chance, please visit us next time you come to Phuket for a great diving experience. Thank you very much.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I got my open water dive certification here. The instructors were good (neither was named James Bond as several of the other reviews here suggest), the boats used were good, and the dive site (Racha Yai islands) was also good.

This place was cheaper than many other places I found online in Phuket. It was also the only one I could find online that did not charge extra for pickups in the Laguna area.

However, the person who runs the dive center does not speak good English at all. It was quite hard to communicate with her and there were several miscommunications. They also did not seem very organized. A day before my pool training day, they told me that I would have to have my pool training at the small pool in the villa I was living at instead of at a proper pool. They also asked if they could move my dives out by a day the night before I was scheduled to head out since their usual boat would not be going to the islands. I also ended up having two instructors (one for the first 2 days, and another for the third day) due to a scheduling conflict. They did get me out another boat as scheduled though.

They were quite accommodating to change. My friend also did a Similan islands live aboard with them, and she wanted to stay an extra 2 days after getting there. They were able to set that up for her without any problems.

Overall, I'd say if possible, perhaps try one of the dive centers inside the hotels in the area. Outrigger seemed to have a decent place.