“Had a wonderful ride”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a wonderful ride”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I am an experienced rider, and owned horses for many years before moving to Asia. The horses at this stable were very well taken care of, the equipment was high quality, and the facility was spotless. I rode a lovely former polo horse (alongside a guide on his horse), and enjoyed a wonderful ride on the beach (walking, trotting and cantering). Horses were not spooky, were very calm in the crazy touristy environment, and didn't even blink an eye when dogs on the beach came at us barking or when a kite was flying over us. My guide took many great pictures for me with my phone while we were in the water on the beach. Manager was thorough, and spoke good English, and my guide was very cautious making sure I was in control at all times (but once assured I was OK, we had a couple FUN gallops on the beach!). Thank you for a great experience .... will definitely go again next time we are in Phuket!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Pamela W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend Phuket International Horse Club to anyone looking for a riding experience in Phuket. I'm an advanced rider (25+ years) and horse owner. I booked the two hour beach ride. We had a very small group consisting of 4 riders plus our guide.

The horses seemed to be very well cared for. They were at a good weight, clean, feet looked good.

I was given Bonita to ride, and that horse is FABULOUS. I was warned ahead of time that you don't need to use any leg on her - she only needs voice commands. This is very true - the couple of times that I accidentally touched her with my leg she jumped forward a bit, but as long as I kept my legs off of her, she was perfect. In previous experience when riding in another country, I either have a horse that I constantly have to prod to move forward or that is a bit crazy and hard to control. Bonita was neither...she was happy to move out and loved cantering on the beach, but she was also easily controlled. Possibly the best mount I've had internationally, and I've ridden in multiple countries.

The ride itself was also very satisfying. We had about a 15 minute walk along the road to the beach, and then about 1.5 hours on the beach, with a 15 minute walk back. There were many occasions where we had the opportunity to trot/canter down the beach, and we took the horses into the shallow water a bit as well. The guides offered to take photos and even video of us cantering in the beach.

Would love to return for another ride if I'm ever in Phuket again!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Unbelievable experience”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I am an experienced rider and always visit the local horse riding centres when I'm on holiday and I was not disappointed at all. The staff were friendly and had your safety high on their priority list. My instructor, Ton spoke excellent English and was such a lovely guide. I enjoyed it so much that my fiancé booked a morning ride for me for my 40th birthday present.
Ton and 'Superboy' made this the best birthday present ever and I will never forget my experience.
The horses are well cared for and the Thai driver who picked us up from our hotel, although not great at English, was on time, courteous and even waited for us to visit the beach for my birthday lunch and picked us up afterwards.
Would definitely go back again and again. Thank you for a wonderful time folks

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Anne G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My husband booked 3 days in advance for my birthday through the company Its self. We tried to book 2 hour sunset ride as we were also on our honeymoon. We received a semi confirmation highlighted in yellow was a email stating we should re consider the 2 hour ride as one of us had ridden only 4 times before, and i used to own my own horse. We felt as if we should reconsider and change to the 1 hour ride. I was really hoping to do the 2 hour ride, as I miss riding. After deciding on the 1 hour ride, everything was fine, received confirmation by phone. When it came to the day we got a phone call stating they will be late picking us up as there was a traffic jam,and they would come at 5:30 (half hour late). We waited till 5:45. Reception contacted us and handed me phone, a man on the other end said traffic jam bad and they won't be picking us up and for us to change to another day. I was not happy as we were leaving next day. They didn't even offer another option of transport to get us there. sounded like they couldn't be bothered and we were the only 2 on the ride.
Wouldn't recommend this place.....

3 Thank Ausgirl88
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, beautiful beach”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

When I scheduled the ride, I explained that we were both good riders and asked if we would be able to canter on the beach. I was told that would be no problem and we were excited. I was pleased to see that they provide helmets for the riders, so many places don't do this. When we arrived and filled out paperwork, I listed my husband as an intermediate rider (the choices were beginner/ intermediate/ advanced), because while we own 2 horses, he has only been riding for a couple of years and he doesn't ride often. It was just the 2 of us and the guide. So as we head off for the beach, there is a young man leading my husband's horse. I didn't think too much of it since we were walking along the street. Maybe the horse spooks at cars or something. But when we got to the beach, the man was still leading the horse. Our guide didn't speak much English, but I was finally able to get him to understand that my husband could canter. So off we went. For safety reasons we were only able to canter when there weren't people on the beach. And there were several stretches where this was possible. The horses loved going fast and also loved running along the water's edge. It's a gorgeous beach with beautiful mountains all around. It was really spectacular. My horse (Bonita) was fantastic to ride and hard to keep at a walk. He had a very smooth canter and didn't want to stop. My husband's horse (Love Me) was very fast and seemed to love cantering, but he was wheezing and having difficulty breathing after we cantered, and it took him a very long time to breathe normally again. I worry that there was something wrong with him since my husband only weighs 180lbs/82kg. The guide took several pictures of us on our horses, so we have many nice memories of this day. I would definitely do this again. Just make sure that you explain your riding ability to the people at the office (who speak English) before you leave. We also arranged for them to pick us up and return us to our hotel, which was a very reasonable cost.

Visited January 2013