“Hit and miss”

Dining options: Reservations
Perth
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our first trip to Texas was for my birthday, food was amazing, way too much food, went away very full and very happy.

Our second visit was a bit off - we went with a large group and quite a number of things we tried to order weren't available including ribs (only one rack was available despite it being early and quiet) and a couple of people needed to re-order several times meaning some had finished eating before others had been served their meals. There is no drinks menu and on this occasion the frozen margarita machine had just been filled so not remotely frozen.

• Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“Decent Food”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Food was good. Service was okay. The kids were happy with their meals. We had the ribs and the pulled pork quesadillas and were very satisfied with both. Would happily eat there again. Disappointed we didn't notice the deep fried snickers bar on the menu while we were there!

“Average”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My family came to Surin Beach for a short getaway,as I am working as an expat in Malaysia. Being born and raised in The great State of Texas I couldn't pass up eating here. My Expectations were low going in as We are in Southeast Asia and that's exactly were they stayed. Sub par food.
Most importantly they served my kids LAST. I'm ok with each meal coming out one at a time as it is cook to order. However anyone with common knowledge should know kids can become quite a handful when their little bellies are empty. I would suggest the Two gentleman that stayed behind the bar adding up earnings with the calculator give the ONE server running the place training on this method.
Back to the food. My kids ordered chicken fingers.... They received fish. Being the only thing related on the Menu was Fish Taco's it came as a shock. I did not fuss as they are Seven and Nine they were hungry and couldn't tell,but I could.We ordered coleslaw and took One bite and that was plenty. Was not asked once if it was ok or why we didn't eat it. It had a wang to it I couldn't pin point. Not Tasty.
The Nacho's were ok. I Thought the chips could have been served warm not room temperature. The burger was really good. The portions were generous . I would like to see the western guys running this place step out from behind the Pencil and help the Thai cook and Thai waitstaff that are the backbone of this place and give some pointers on the type of food that a Texas steakhouse is all about. Good luck.

Limerick, Ireland
“Top class food”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have visited this restaurant lots of times and have been well satisfied on each occasion. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
“Amazing food! Ate here 2 out of 3 nights.”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We live in Asia so eat a fair amount of Thai food so didn't feel bad about not eating the local fare. I was a little unsure about eating Tex Mex as Thailand isn't exactly renowned for it. I have to say I was not just pleasantly surprised but absolutely blown away. I had the pork sliders, which were phenomenal. My husband had the ribs, which were delicious and cooked to perfection. Deck d night we had burgers- again these were amazing. Most of the food in Surin is pretty average, especially along the beach. This is by far and away the best place, even if a little out of context. I really hope this is still here the next time we visit Phuket.

• Visited May 2013