“A nice change in Thailand”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Steakhouse - CLOSED

Texas Steakhouse
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Steakhouse, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mona Vale, Australia
“A nice change in Thailand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We visited the Texas Steakhouse for a quick meal on a rainy night after trying most of the other options on offer in Surin.

We ordered the fajitas and a half rack of ribs as well as a couple of drinks. Staff were attentive and friendly, the food was above average and well priced considering the quality. The restaurant was tastefully decorated and made for a pleasant meal.

I was a bit thrown by some of the earlier less than positive reviews before we visited however we had no issues at all. Would recommend a visit if you want a change from the beachfront restaurants.

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“cheesey fries and rib heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

As soon as I drove past this place I knew i wanted to try it (i have a thing for ribs) I am so happy i went here.
The staff were very accommodating as we showed up with about 10 of us and only 1 chef was working. Almost everyone got a different item and it all looked and tasted amazing. I chose to have a taco as a starter thinking I would get a little taco, out comes 2 huge tacos stuffed full of flavour. Next up was the ribs, so tender and tasty, i am getting hungry thinking about them now!!
The food is great, service very friendly. I loved the wall decorations and the atmosphere too!

• Visited October 2013
Phuket, Thailand
“Very dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The 99 Baht margaritas were not ready, the nachos/nachos toppings very, very average, ribs ok and mixed veggies ok, but mashed potato - totally undercooked and lumpy. Service just ok - and we were the only ones in the place. Still waited quite a while for the food to come out. No baby chair for our toddle either, which is unusual for a Thai restaurant of this type. Totally underwhelmed over all and very overpriced. My recommendation is to give it a bit miss.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Inconsistant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We wanted to relax with a good steak dinner. Sadly, things didn't work out that way. Even though the place was pretty empty the service was inconsistent. It started our fine but then we were left alone and had a hard time getting anything we wanted. It is close to the beach but does not have a view of anything but the street. For the price I can't recommend it.

Visited August 2013
Phuket, Thailand
“Fantastic Local spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

As I have been living in Thailand for about a year, I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled into this restaurant for dinner. Fantastic American Tex Mex style food and the best 99 Baht margaritas in Thailand!!

• Visited December 2012