I stayed here with my wife during April 2014, and we both agreed it is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in (perhaps only bested by our Four Seasons Florence experience).
The staff are absolutely fantastic, from the front desk staff to the guys driving the jeeps up to our apartment, nothing was too much trouble, and it was almost as if they anticipated our needs before we had to ask. Everything was done with a big smile - so charming!
The apartment was a "deluxe", and we couldn't really have asked for more. For once a hotel's photos are realistic! Extremely comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, as well as an outdoor bath and sun loungers.
Breakfast was great too - I had omelette or poached eggs most days, along with fresh fruit and yoghurt, and a pot of tea. The curry made an interesting (delicious) breakfast!
As others have mentioned, there's access to two beach clubs (the beach is 5-10 mins walk away, and the hotel provides a shuttle bus between certain hrs - 11am to 6pm I think). The beach clubs are great, free loungers, excellent service, and tasty food.
Couple of dinner options - the hotel food is amazing, so agree with others that it's worth trying at least once. I had chicken satay (best I've ever had, and it's my Thai starter of choice!), followed by the trio of curries - amazing!
Also, Taste on the nearby beach had lovely food - the pulled pork sliders and fish tacos were addictive!
We're expecting our first child in a few months, so unfortunately we won't be able to stay at The Ayara Resort again (no kids allowed), but we're recommending it to all of our friends. We really did not want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The days are yours to create, ours to fulfill. Caters to ADULTS only (No Children)(No extra beds). An enclave of 48 LUXURY SUITES set in 23 Villas amidst sloping exotic gardens, taking advantage of the arresting views offered by the emerald green Andaman Sea.Facilities and service are inspired by the single goal of helping each guest create their own journey of respite from the rigors of civilization.Whether you venture only as far as the boundaries of the resort or go further afield, the days are yours to create and ours to fulfill.Welcome to the private world of Ayara Hilltops! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ayara Hilltops Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayara Hilltops Hotel Thalang
- Hotel Ayara Hilltops
- Ayara Hilltops Resort And Spa Phuket, Thailand