1,000 results
All reviews plantation club plantation restaurant private pool spa room our honeymoon degree bar layan beach ocean view villa room service total privacy living room golf buggy foot massage spa services the penthouse the general manager huge bathroom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

It's hard to know where to begin. The Pavilions is a wonderful getaway. The pix you see on their website are an accurate description of the resort. **IF YOU ARE A SINGLE TRAVELER, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!! They do advertise that they are mainly for couples - honeymooners, those celebrating anniversaries, etc. However, I was there alone to celebrate my birthday and had a nice quiet time. I never felt out of place. The staff, though a little shell shocked initially that I was alone, treated me like a normal person. They really make you feel welcome and will do whatever they can to make your stay the most memorable ever.

Wifi is free, though it seems to really only work in the rooms and not around the resort. They offer golf carts - they call buggies - to take you from your villa to the lobby or one of the restaurants. I highly recommend using this. While it's a beautiful place to walk around, it's easy to get lost - especially at night (although they do provide a flashlight in your room). It's outdoors, so of course there are bugs. They provide their own bug spray, but it smells a little too 'lemony' for me. I brought my own anyway. One of the biggest impressions for me: check in is at 10am. However, my flight arrived around 7am. I did not call ahead to see if I could get early check-in. I was impressed that my room was ready and, after the check-in process, I was given a little tour and taken directly to my villa. If you get a chance, speak to Eric (Food and Beverage Manager) and Belinda (Head Chef). They are great people and are more than willing to make you happy.

I loved the fact that they have a policy of no children under 16. While I was there, I did see a couple children, and I asked about this. I was told they were friends of the owner, which made sense given that it was during the hotel's celebration of the Chinese New Year. They immediately asked me if the children posed any problems. I told them they didn't, but I was curious because of their 'no children' policy. If this policy changes, I won't go back.

There were a few small things that kept me from giving it 5 stars. For example, when I first arrived and looked the place over, I noticed that the sheets on the bed out by the pool was really dirty. I mentioned it to housekeeping when they arrived later and it was immediately taken care of. Also, I made an appointment for the Ying Yang massage. Because this is a massage with 2 people giving you the massage, I was told they charge extra for the extra masseuse. There was no notification of this on their website, nor in the in-room information book. For me, I had a voucher for a free massage, so this wasn't a problem, but a little inconvenient that you don't know about the charge until you book the massage. While there is a nice big bathtub, I was a little disappointed that there was no bubble bath. They provide soap and scrub, but it would have been nice to have a hot bubble bath.

They provide 2 plug-in adapters for your laptop and what not. That was nice to have, although it would have been nicer I they told you this on their website, and then I wouldn't have brought mine. Breakfast is from 6-11am, which is later than most hotels. This is a good point, but I'm usually still asleep or just getting up at 11 when I'm on vacation.

A little side note: I was there the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Clear skies and plenty of sun. However, the sun can be VERY hot.

Overall, you will fully enjoy your stay. I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We spent six days in The Pavilions, Phuket, Thailand as part of a longer business / vacation trip. The resort arranged for an airport pick up and handled the check in procedure very efficiently.
With a buggy we were brought to our villa equipped with a private swimming pool and an outside bed.
As our arrival was late, management had arranged for a small dinner plate and a complimentary bottle of wine.
The next day, we were surprised with a complimentary 15 minute in-villa foot massage.

As the facilities are located on a hill, going to and from the various restaurants and reception areas is done by calling a buggy. It takes only a few minutes for the buggy to arrive.
Breakfast is fine in a restaurant with large open windows and a splendid look over part of Phuket island and the Andaman sea in the distance. If certain food is not displayed, just ask for it and the staff will bring it to your table.
This restaurant also serves lunch and dinner. The menu card features a wide choice of food both from the Thai as well as from Western cuisines. If your food choice indicates that it is spicy, realize that you are in Thailand and that spicy is really spicy.
My wife had several massage treatments which were outstanding. All massage treatments are delivered in-villa by friendly therapists who perform a very professional job.
The so-called Eastland facility serves tea with some canapés in the afternoon, all complimentary. It is like a small garden with a pond / swimming pool and sun beds. During our stay, we celebrated the Chinese lunar New Year with a Chinese barbeque, wines and spirits. The food was excellent.
During our last evening we went up to the so-called 360 degree bar on top of the hill with a magnificent view over part of Phuket island. The bar serves tapas, both Thai and international.

Once you have cleared customs in Phuket you will experience the hospitality of The Pavilions' staff. Everything that you can think of will be and can be arranged, including an airport drop off.

Thailand is called the country of smiles. It is the smiles of The Pavilions' staff that make you realise how true this is.

Room Tip: Some villas are newly built or renovated. These are the best choice. For other villas, maintenance and renovation is something that requires attention. However, even the older villas look nice and are excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterDiekman
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Well located on a hill , but close to the beach (free shuttle). Little wind avoiding the heavy temperature.
Very well equipped pavilions with large private pool. Service efficient and quick, food excellent . Everything to have a relaxing stay with all the benefits of Phuket Island

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cornay
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Our stay at The Pavilions was lovely. It's a very romantic place. Our villa was absolutely stunning, spacious and well designed. Couldn't fault it in any way. Loved our pool, cabana, massive bed and daybed couch!

The breakfast at The Plantation Club was delicious, the muesli and the egg white omelette were my absolute favourites and the dinner we had there was brilliant as well.
360 Bar had a great view and awesome cocktails.

My only negative would be that sometimes when we called for a golf buggy to take us to reception, breakfast etc it didn't show up on a couple of occasions. Very nice staff though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had three nights here in December and will start by saying that we did have a nice stay and generally will look back with fond memories. There are some negative points that I will raise later but overall, we were looking forward to a private and relaxing stay and that was delivered.

I'll start with the positives...The privacy in the room and pool was great...it was the reason we booked this room and it didn't disappoint. Also, our room had an attached treatment room with a sauna which was a very nice. We took advantage of it by having a massage without having to leave our room.

We ordered room service a few times and it was very good. The chef made a special effort as my wife and I are vegetarians. This was much appreciated.

Now for some of the more critical elements. They lay it on a bit thick with the fact that they label themselves as a 'Romance destination'...a bit too cheesy for our liking...for example...the car that collects you and drops off at the airport has the song 'Love is in the air' playing! In fact, Love is in the air is somewhat a motto for the hotel and can be seen in various places...it was also stitched into the back of the his and hers red and black silk bathrobes. To be honest, the setting of the property along with the privacy of the rooms should be enough to show this hotel is aimed more at couples, I don't think there is any need for the constant reminders that it is a 'Romance destination' or that 'Love is in the air'!

Whilst the room was nice enough, very spacious, clean and private...we thought the decor was dated in some places. I thought it slightly had the feel of an 80s bachelor pad in particular, the black and white pictures on the wall of women looking a bit provocative were quite amusing!

The hotel apparently has a 'no children under 16' policy, however, we saw a few families there with children. Not a huge issue for us but for those looking for a genuine 'no children' resort, this could be a frustration.

The hotel has a daily complimentary afternoon tea but its not worth going out of your way for...just a token gesture really. A shame because as I said, the food generally was good.

Finally, whilst the local staff were excellent and couldn't be more attentive, the management felt a bit disingenuous at times.

I'll reiterate, none of these were enough of an issue to spoil our stay but in all honesty, it was enough to make us not want to go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MCMLXXVIII
JCNager, General Manager at The Pavilions Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Reader,

We are pleased to learn that the reviewers enjoyed their relaxing getaway at The Pavilions on the whole.
As highlighted, our guests truly appreciate the privacy of our love retreat, our signature in villa Spa treatments and culinary delights served in our three outlets, as well as in the seclusion of your villa.

While our setting and services certainly speak for themselves, the romance element is an intrinsic part of The Pavilions experience, setting us apart as one of the few adults only destinations where you can enjoy a healthy dose of romance & passion, while spending quality time with your loved one.

We appreciate that every review is a reflection of personal taste and perception and hope these guests cherish the lovely memories from their stay with us.

Loving Regards,