1,004 results
All reviews plantation club plantation restaurant private pool spa room our honeymoon degree bar layan beach ocean view villa room service total privacy living room golf buggy foot massage spa services the penthouse the general manager huge bathroom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We had a 3 nights stay at the Spa and Pool Villa. The villa is clean and so the pool! You can never find a piece of leaf in the pool.

Food in the restaurant is very good, not too pricy although it is more expensive than the restaurant outside. All staff are polite and nice, buggies always arrive promptly. The GM and Resident Manager came to have a brief introduction with us on our arrival and the Resident Manager was at the breakfast area to chat with guests which is very nice to see her everyday as she is pretty and sweet! It shows that the resort is keen with their guests too.

Would suggest that the resort have some improvement on Eastland. The ground is a bit muddy and the public pool is a bit too small hence it didn't attract guests to swim there !

Well done Mr Nager, you managed the hotel so well and we will certainly return in future!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you are honeymooning or celebrating an anniversary, this hotel is for you. We arrived in the late afternoon and was greeted by Jean Christophe, the general manager. He gave us an informative intro the property. We were welcomed with a drink and cold towel. We were taken to our Ocean View Villa (#19) and given a thorough explanation of the room amenities and times for the hotel amenities that could be taken advantage of immediately and later in our stay. We received a complimentary in room foot massage that was unbelievable. The Ocean View Villa was very nice. It has a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, flatware, glassware, dinnerware and every useful utensil you would use. Plasma TV and DvD player (you can rent DVDs from the extensive library in the Plantation Club. Music system (with ipod dock) and electronic lighting and A/C control panel that is built into the headboard in the bedroom and wall in the living room. The view is spectacular without having to get out of the bed. The patio area is very large and comes with a separate canopy area with a ceiling fan. Great place for romance and relaxing.

My wife and I were starving and dinner would not be served until later that evening so we went to happy hour at the 360 Bar and Grill. The food at the 360 Bar and Grill is very good. They serve tapas so they are great appetizers to dinner. The drinks at the 360 Bar and Grill are fantastic. They have happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30 every day and we took advantage of that. If you like/love Thai flavors here are the drinks that I recommend ( Ginger lemongrass martini, 6:30 at 360, Hex Appeal and Lychee Lemongrass ice tea). I included pictures of the drinks as well. Our bartender's name was Tang and she mixed our drinks to perfection every time. She was full of conversation and very friendly. I ordered my favorite drink "Hex Appeal" from another bartender and it was not the same.

We dined at the Plantation Club restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast and dinner is served in open air. But it is not warm or hot at all. The food at breakfast is typical to brunch. There are many bread and pastry items served. You can order the traditional breakfast foods or have more lunch type items as well. There is also a plethora of fruit and mimosas for your enjoyment. For dinner, I ordered the Nuea Naam Tok (Grilled Wagyu beef salad seasoned with toasted rice, kaffir lime leaf, lemon juice and fish sauce) and the Keang Penang Plaa (Spicy penang curry with red snapper and kaffir lime leaf). My wife ordered the Phad Med Mamuang (Choice of shrimp or chicken with tom yum paste, bell peppers and cashew nuts). Absolutely delicious. If you are a fan of penang curry you have to order any dish that is prepared with it. Since its Southern Thailand the curry sauce is richer and a tad spicier than what you would find in Bangkok.

Also don't miss the afternoon teas. A relaxing time as well with thai inspired bites and tapas.

Eastland Restaurant pool area was closed (under renovations) during our stay so I can not provide any reviews.

The ride to the beach is about 10 mins. The hotel shuttle will take you there. It is a private beach that is managed by a small family. There were only a few people in our area which was great. You can order drinks and food at the beach as well. They have a special area at the beach for Pavilion hotel guests that all come with red umbrellas (see pictures).

My wife and I also had spa treatments from the same masseuses that gave us our foot massages. Their names were Pom and Yui. Our original spa times were mistakenly scheduled incorrectly but Or (front desk manager) wonderfully arranged the spa treatments in one of the spa villas which are also magnificent. The spa villas come with a separate spa treatment room complete with a steam shower. They are the newer rooms and more expensive but wow!

The Pavilions was truly an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get an ocean room villa or spa villa for the most enjoyable stay. The spa villas do not have a view of the ocean but if you are into spa treatments and want that type of experience or atmosphere it will be worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

It's hard to know where to begin. The Pavilions is a wonderful getaway. The pix you see on their website are an accurate description of the resort. **IF YOU ARE A SINGLE TRAVELER, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!! They do advertise that they are mainly for couples - honeymooners, those celebrating anniversaries, etc. However, I was there alone to celebrate my birthday and had a nice quiet time. I never felt out of place. The staff, though a little shell shocked initially that I was alone, treated me like a normal person. They really make you feel welcome and will do whatever they can to make your stay the most memorable ever.

Wifi is free, though it seems to really only work in the rooms and not around the resort. They offer golf carts - they call buggies - to take you from your villa to the lobby or one of the restaurants. I highly recommend using this. While it's a beautiful place to walk around, it's easy to get lost - especially at night (although they do provide a flashlight in your room). It's outdoors, so of course there are bugs. They provide their own bug spray, but it smells a little too 'lemony' for me. I brought my own anyway. One of the biggest impressions for me: check in is at 10am. However, my flight arrived around 7am. I did not call ahead to see if I could get early check-in. I was impressed that my room was ready and, after the check-in process, I was given a little tour and taken directly to my villa. If you get a chance, speak to Eric (Food and Beverage Manager) and Belinda (Head Chef). They are great people and are more than willing to make you happy.

I loved the fact that they have a policy of no children under 16. While I was there, I did see a couple children, and I asked about this. I was told they were friends of the owner, which made sense given that it was during the hotel's celebration of the Chinese New Year. They immediately asked me if the children posed any problems. I told them they didn't, but I was curious because of their 'no children' policy. If this policy changes, I won't go back.

There were a few small things that kept me from giving it 5 stars. For example, when I first arrived and looked the place over, I noticed that the sheets on the bed out by the pool was really dirty. I mentioned it to housekeeping when they arrived later and it was immediately taken care of. Also, I made an appointment for the Ying Yang massage. Because this is a massage with 2 people giving you the massage, I was told they charge extra for the extra masseuse. There was no notification of this on their website, nor in the in-room information book. For me, I had a voucher for a free massage, so this wasn't a problem, but a little inconvenient that you don't know about the charge until you book the massage. While there is a nice big bathtub, I was a little disappointed that there was no bubble bath. They provide soap and scrub, but it would have been nice to have a hot bubble bath.

They provide 2 plug-in adapters for your laptop and what not. That was nice to have, although it would have been nicer I they told you this on their website, and then I wouldn't have brought mine. Breakfast is from 6-11am, which is later than most hotels. This is a good point, but I'm usually still asleep or just getting up at 11 when I'm on vacation.

A little side note: I was there the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Clear skies and plenty of sun. However, the sun can be VERY hot.

Overall, you will fully enjoy your stay. I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We spent six days in The Pavilions, Phuket, Thailand as part of a longer business / vacation trip. The resort arranged for an airport pick up and handled the check in procedure very efficiently.
With a buggy we were brought to our villa equipped with a private swimming pool and an outside bed.
As our arrival was late, management had arranged for a small dinner plate and a complimentary bottle of wine.
The next day, we were surprised with a complimentary 15 minute in-villa foot massage.

As the facilities are located on a hill, going to and from the various restaurants and reception areas is done by calling a buggy. It takes only a few minutes for the buggy to arrive.
Breakfast is fine in a restaurant with large open windows and a splendid look over part of Phuket island and the Andaman sea in the distance. If certain food is not displayed, just ask for it and the staff will bring it to your table.
This restaurant also serves lunch and dinner. The menu card features a wide choice of food both from the Thai as well as from Western cuisines. If your food choice indicates that it is spicy, realize that you are in Thailand and that spicy is really spicy.
My wife had several massage treatments which were outstanding. All massage treatments are delivered in-villa by friendly therapists who perform a very professional job.
The so-called Eastland facility serves tea with some canapés in the afternoon, all complimentary. It is like a small garden with a pond / swimming pool and sun beds. During our stay, we celebrated the Chinese lunar New Year with a Chinese barbeque, wines and spirits. The food was excellent.
During our last evening we went up to the so-called 360 degree bar on top of the hill with a magnificent view over part of Phuket island. The bar serves tapas, both Thai and international.

Once you have cleared customs in Phuket you will experience the hospitality of The Pavilions' staff. Everything that you can think of will be and can be arranged, including an airport drop off.

Thailand is called the country of smiles. It is the smiles of The Pavilions' staff that make you realise how true this is.

Room Tip: Some villas are newly built or renovated. These are the best choice. For other villas, maintenance and renovation is something that requires attention. However, even the older villas look nice and are excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterDiekman
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Well located on a hill , but close to the beach (free shuttle). Little wind avoiding the heavy temperature.
Very well equipped pavilions with large private pool. Service efficient and quick, food excellent . Everything to have a relaxing stay with all the benefits of Phuket Island

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple