Novotel Phuket Surin Beach Resort.(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$66
  • Pool
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$133
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$134
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$227
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$267/night.

Anantara Layan Phuket Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$194
Trip.com
Trisara(Choeng Thale)
US$796
The Chava Resort(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
US$376
All reviewsplantation clubplantation restaurantprivate poolspa roomour honeymoondegree barlayan beachocean view villaroom serviceliving roomtotal privacygolf buggyspa servicesfoot massagethe penthousethe general managerromantic getaway
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After a bad start to our Holiday in Phuket with a terrible hotel we found "The Pavillions".
They saved our holiday! The secluded infinity pool Villa was immaculate, private, spacious and comfortable. The staff were amazing from the General Manager who met us at reception, down to the cheery helpful golf cart drivers who ferry you up and down the hill from your Villa to anywhere you want to go on the plantation. Complete Decadence! Its a romantic couples ideal. The spa treatments are divine. A more extensive breakfast menu would have been nice but find it hard to complain about this place. Beach is only five minutes away using the free transport to a reserved area but the beaches are much quieter than their southern counterparts.

Room Tip: Villa 8 was recently refurbished and had total privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I normally do not write reviews or feedback ! But this one was special. My girlfriend and I booked this property to celebrate our first anniversary and valentines day weekend. For the record, it was an amazing experience right from day 1 until the end. (A little expensive though).

Coming to the point, why I am writing this review is because of the experience we had at the house restaurant 360 degrees on valentines day which was very special to both of us...

Inspite of spending ridiculous amount of money, we reserved a table by the corner by the view. On arrival to 360, we were given a table not by the view. And illogical explaination by the Swiss manager.

Me- we have reserved the table by the view a day before.
Manager - sorry, the tables can't be fixed
Me- cool, can we get one of those 3 empty tables by the view
Manger - sorry these are booked
Me- you just said tables ain't fixed, howcome these are reserved.

Anyways, without further debate and not spoiling my evening my girl friend and i decided to take any table. Welcome drinks were not provided until we asked ! Really !!! In fact we didn't even know there were welcome drinks until we asked for frozen glasses for our champagne..by far we were the last guest to leave and am sure maximum billed table...

Having travelled over 60 countries I wouldn't complain for every small detail in a hotel - that being said this was a super classy resort and a special vacation for me. And thus the expectations....

Guys you need to revisit your restraunt policies, be clear in communication and be fair to all guests !

Cheers

• Stayed: February 2014
7  Thank RI_Traveller365
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We had a 3 nights stay at the Spa and Pool Villa. The villa is clean and so the pool! You can never find a piece of leaf in the pool.

Food in the restaurant is very good, not too pricy although it is more expensive than the restaurant outside. All staff are polite and nice, buggies always arrive promptly. The GM and Resident Manager came to have a brief introduction with us on our arrival and the Resident Manager was at the breakfast area to chat with guests which is very nice to see her everyday as she is pretty and sweet! It shows that the resort is keen with their guests too.

Would suggest that the resort have some improvement on Eastland. The ground is a bit muddy and the public pool is a bit too small hence it didn't attract guests to swim there !

Well done Mr Nager, you managed the hotel so well and we will certainly return in future!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you are honeymooning or celebrating an anniversary, this hotel is for you. We arrived in the late afternoon and was greeted by Jean Christophe, the general manager. He gave us an informative intro the property. We were welcomed with a drink and cold towel. We were taken to our Ocean View Villa (#19) and given a thorough explanation of the room amenities and times for the hotel amenities that could be taken advantage of immediately and later in our stay. We received a complimentary in room foot massage that was unbelievable. The Ocean View Villa was very nice. It has a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, flatware, glassware, dinnerware and every useful utensil you would use. Plasma TV and DvD player (you can rent DVDs from the extensive library in the Plantation Club. Music system (with ipod dock) and electronic lighting and A/C control panel that is built into the headboard in the bedroom and wall in the living room. The view is spectacular without having to get out of the bed. The patio area is very large and comes with a separate canopy area with a ceiling fan. Great place for romance and relaxing.

My wife and I were starving and dinner would not be served until later that evening so we went to happy hour at the 360 Bar and Grill. The food at the 360 Bar and Grill is very good. They serve tapas so they are great appetizers to dinner. The drinks at the 360 Bar and Grill are fantastic. They have happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30 every day and we took advantage of that. If you like/love Thai flavors here are the drinks that I recommend ( Ginger lemongrass martini, 6:30 at 360, Hex Appeal and Lychee Lemongrass ice tea). I included pictures of the drinks as well. Our bartender's name was Tang and she mixed our drinks to perfection every time. She was full of conversation and very friendly. I ordered my favorite drink "Hex Appeal" from another bartender and it was not the same.

We dined at the Plantation Club restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast and dinner is served in open air. But it is not warm or hot at all. The food at breakfast is typical to brunch. There are many bread and pastry items served. You can order the traditional breakfast foods or have more lunch type items as well. There is also a plethora of fruit and mimosas for your enjoyment. For dinner, I ordered the Nuea Naam Tok (Grilled Wagyu beef salad seasoned with toasted rice, kaffir lime leaf, lemon juice and fish sauce) and the Keang Penang Plaa (Spicy penang curry with red snapper and kaffir lime leaf). My wife ordered the Phad Med Mamuang (Choice of shrimp or chicken with tom yum paste, bell peppers and cashew nuts). Absolutely delicious. If you are a fan of penang curry you have to order any dish that is prepared with it. Since its Southern Thailand the curry sauce is richer and a tad spicier than what you would find in Bangkok.

Also don't miss the afternoon teas. A relaxing time as well with thai inspired bites and tapas.

Eastland Restaurant pool area was closed (under renovations) during our stay so I can not provide any reviews.

The ride to the beach is about 10 mins. The hotel shuttle will take you there. It is a private beach that is managed by a small family. There were only a few people in our area which was great. You can order drinks and food at the beach as well. They have a special area at the beach for Pavilion hotel guests that all come with red umbrellas (see pictures).

My wife and I also had spa treatments from the same masseuses that gave us our foot massages. Their names were Pom and Yui. Our original spa times were mistakenly scheduled incorrectly but Or (front desk manager) wonderfully arranged the spa treatments in one of the spa villas which are also magnificent. The spa villas come with a separate spa treatment room complete with a steam shower. They are the newer rooms and more expensive but wow!

The Pavilions was truly an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get an ocean room villa or spa villa for the most enjoyable stay. The spa villas do not have a view of the ocean but if you are into spa treatments and want that type of experience or atmosphere it will be worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

It's hard to know where to begin. The Pavilions is a wonderful getaway. The pix you see on their website are an accurate description of the resort. **IF YOU ARE A SINGLE TRAVELER, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!! They do advertise that they are mainly for couples - honeymooners, those celebrating anniversaries, etc. However, I was there alone to celebrate my birthday and had a nice quiet time. I never felt out of place. The staff, though a little shell shocked initially that I was alone, treated me like a normal person. They really make you feel welcome and will do whatever they can to make your stay the most memorable ever.

Wifi is free, though it seems to really only work in the rooms and not around the resort. They offer golf carts - they call buggies - to take you from your villa to the lobby or one of the restaurants. I highly recommend using this. While it's a beautiful place to walk around, it's easy to get lost - especially at night (although they do provide a flashlight in your room). It's outdoors, so of course there are bugs. They provide their own bug spray, but it smells a little too 'lemony' for me. I brought my own anyway. One of the biggest impressions for me: check in is at 10am. However, my flight arrived around 7am. I did not call ahead to see if I could get early check-in. I was impressed that my room was ready and, after the check-in process, I was given a little tour and taken directly to my villa. If you get a chance, speak to Eric (Food and Beverage Manager) and Belinda (Head Chef). They are great people and are more than willing to make you happy.

I loved the fact that they have a policy of no children under 16. While I was there, I did see a couple children, and I asked about this. I was told they were friends of the owner, which made sense given that it was during the hotel's celebration of the Chinese New Year. They immediately asked me if the children posed any problems. I told them they didn't, but I was curious because of their 'no children' policy. If this policy changes, I won't go back.

There were a few small things that kept me from giving it 5 stars. For example, when I first arrived and looked the place over, I noticed that the sheets on the bed out by the pool was really dirty. I mentioned it to housekeeping when they arrived later and it was immediately taken care of. Also, I made an appointment for the Ying Yang massage. Because this is a massage with 2 people giving you the massage, I was told they charge extra for the extra masseuse. There was no notification of this on their website, nor in the in-room information book. For me, I had a voucher for a free massage, so this wasn't a problem, but a little inconvenient that you don't know about the charge until you book the massage. While there is a nice big bathtub, I was a little disappointed that there was no bubble bath. They provide soap and scrub, but it would have been nice to have a hot bubble bath.

They provide 2 plug-in adapters for your laptop and what not. That was nice to have, although it would have been nicer I they told you this on their website, and then I wouldn't have brought mine. Breakfast is from 6-11am, which is later than most hotels. This is a good point, but I'm usually still asleep or just getting up at 11 when I'm on vacation.

A little side note: I was there the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Clear skies and plenty of sun. However, the sun can be VERY hot.

Overall, you will fully enjoy your stay. I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo