“Perfect honeymoon destination - can't wait to go back!”

The Pavilions Phuket
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Canada
“Perfect honeymoon destination - can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

It's been a while since we stayed at the Phuket Pavilions, but I thought better late than never for a review.

Phuket Pavilions is, in my opinion, the perfect location for a honeymoon. It is private, romantic, spotless...an absolute paradise. My husband and I were so impressed the moment we set foot into the resorts. The villas are more than you can ask for - a true home away from home (actually, I would prefer it to my home :). From the cozy living area, kitchen (if you need to use it), bedroom, to the spacious and lovely bathroom, it is top-class all the way. I especially loved the large walk-in shower with the rainfall showerhead; along with the Jasmine-scented toiletries, it really makes you feel like you're in the middle of a tropical paradise!
The large private infinity pool is definitely the best feature of the villa, with spectacular views of the city.

We only had breakfast in the resort restaurant and must say it was amazing food! There is limited variety, but what they do have will not disappoint.

I must echo everyone else's sentiments on the level of service here - every member of the staff is more than happy to help you, always prompt and friendly. You really get the royal treatment.

My husband works in a 5-diamond hotel in North America and said that Phuket Pavilions is 8.5 stars. He is also very hard to impress, so that is a huge statement, coming from him. We both talk about Phuket Pavilions quite often and cannot wait to go back. I would highly recommend this location if you are looking for a quiet, romantic, luxurious getaway.

PS: Don't forget to get yourselves a massage (or 2.. or 3 like I did) - you are in Thailand afterall! :)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Was told about this hotel and it's amazing pool villas. But wasn't told you have to take a car to the beach. Due to it's location on a hill it's difficult to walk which makes being on teh resort a little restrictive. Liked the bar at the top and the food was okay. Small hotel suitable for couples who prefeer to lie around a pool for their whole holiday. Set out of the way and not close to anything really! But it does have a good view of the ocean..

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AustraliaBeachLover
gmphuket, Manager at The Pavilions Phuket, responded to this review, 5 February 2010
Dear Madame, Dear Sir,

We are sorry that your stay did not correspond to your expectations.
We emphasize the fact that The Pavilions is a secluded romance destination, offering a unique experience of space and total privacy with a great view, which seems to be enjoyed by the vast majority of our guests, a number of whom have returned their comments on TripAdvisor.
We are located on a hill 30 minutes' drive from the busy Patong area and 5 minutes from Layan Beach with regular shuttle service from the hotel.

Jean-Christophe Nager
Thailand
Reviewed 20 January 2010

Best Relaxing Place. Recommended for people who looking for the luxury rest place with full of convenience and full of nature. I spent my 3 nights there with my hubby, we both fall in love in this place and of course will be there again if we have a chanceee ... Moreover the staff there are so helpful .. :)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NaruMol_Thailand
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Upon arrival to the pavilions we were totally amazed at how wonderful and quiet the grounds are.

Check in staff were wonderful and as it was our honeymoon, I was given a bouquet of flowers upon arrival. Our room had a beautiful swan made from the towels and the bath was full with rose petals on top.

The initial WOW factor was fantastic, the pavilions certainly are breathtaking.
The pool is amazing and the view is just to die for.
We ate in the villa most days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The meals were quite reasonable in price and really yummy.

We ate at the restaurant itself one night which has a spectacular view, highly recommend this even just for an evening cocktail.

I would recommend staying here for a minimum 5 nights to totally relax, not much else to do in the surrounding lagoona, but we really didn't find the need to leave the pavilions.

The staff were excellent, the accommodation was excellent, the food was excellent and I would love to go back and stay at the pavilions again

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 November 2009

A spectacular resort with privacy, service, spa treatments that are extraordinary and a pool to unwind and relax in. A wonderfully romantic hideaway!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bicoastalduo
Bath, England
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We had a week's stay at Phuket Pavilions and enjoyed every minute of it. We were sad to leave and look forward to our next time.
We were given villa 19 (the same one we had last time) and it was even better than we remembered. The villas have been spruced up with new soft furnishings and a new coat of paint. They are very spacious with the largest villa pool in any villa resort we have stayed in.
The addition of the Verandah is a great bonus as staying in the villa is fun but one wants to come out and see other people too. The breakfasts are of excellent quality with ordered warm European or Asian dishes. The service is impeccable. Lunch and dinner were of a very high standard. We had some great curries on one night and they were of the tastiest we've ever had. My only regret is that the restaurant is quiet but with the opening of the new spa villas hopefully the resort will feel more occupied. The 360 bar has a great view and is a nice place to have sundowner outside of your villa.
The sunset views from the villa are something to remember.
The laguna resort are nearby enough to visit other restaurants if you want and there is enough choice. We didn't venture any further as there was nothing we felt we needed from Patong or Phuket twn.
We had plans to do some trips which can be arrange thought the resort but decided to enjoy our time in our luxurious pool villa. Maybe next time.
In summary, a great return visit and would not hesitate to recommend Phuket Pavilions for a luxury romantic intimate stay.
I would like to wish JC and Sophie all the best for the expansion plans and thank them for a great stay. Also my thanks to all the staff - great service, big smiles and nothing was to big for them to sort out.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 November 2009

The title above basically sums up our recent experience in Phuket Pavilions! I had planned a surprise birthday trip for my fiancé since a year ago, and was so looking forward to finally experiencing the stay of a lifetime for ourselves, having read so many positive reviews about this place.

First of all, I would like to say a really BIG 'THANK YOU!' to each and every one of the management and staff at Phuket Pavilions. All of them really went out of their way to make our stay such a pleasurable one! Initially, I had reservations about having to pay a premium for a short getaway to Phuket, but I must really say, everything we experienced in Phuket Pavilions make it all worthwhile!

Despite my numerous emails to the management for this surprise stay, they remained ever so patient and helpful. Not only was my fiancé pleasantly surprised with the luxurious ocean view pool villa we stayed in and the pampering service we received, I myself was surprised and felt so appreciative of the staff's attention to details! Aside from all the lovely services mentioned in the previous posts (superb villa & ipod/idock/wifi, great infinity pool, complimentary dvds, welcome fruits/flowers/massage etc.), I am going to share some nice touches we observed during our stay which really blew us away:

1. The staff's implicit understanding and proactiveness - they have this knack for being able to expect and accomodate our needs, for e.g. they were really good at coordinating with me discreetly when I hinted on delivering my fiancé's b'day cake, which they intentionally set up nicely only during our in-villa dinner to tie in with the romantic ambience. They were prompt in whizzing us off to the 360 bar for our complementary cocktail drinks to distract my fiancé while they set up the in-villa dinner. When it started to drizzle and then poured heavily during our cocktail drinks, I started to get anxious as I really wanted the romantic in-villa dinner by the pool to work out. When we got back to our villa, boy, my fiancé was taken aback and I was so touched by what we saw - the staff had thoughtfully set up the gourmet spread in the living room instead, with candles all nicely lit up, the yummy chocolate cake with pretty little candles and a huge white chocolate specially dedicated to my fiancé, and lights dimmed to the perfect romantic setting. It was such an unbelievably beautful sight, and turned out even cosier having the dinner indoors with the soothing sound of raindrops outside!

2. The immaculate service - I absolutely love the way the staff say "Certainly!" with a twinkle in their voices, everytime we dialled the receptionist line and made requests such as getting the buggy to pick us up from our villa, clean the pool, do housekeeping etc. We couldn't help feeling so pampered and feeling at home here. The staff were knowledgeable, and took the initiative to help us make a reservation at one of our favourite and popular seafood dinner places (Lotus Restaurant), abt 10min away from Phuket Pavilions. We were comfortably chauffeured to/fro the restaurant,. As the driveway at the restaurant's entrance was narrow, instead of doing the usual 3-point turn in front of guests when they wait for shuttles to pick them up from the restaurant to drive back to their residences, our Phuket Pavilions driver made it a point to do a U-turn further up the driveway away from our sight, and returned promptly right at the restaurant's doorstep to pick us up. Some may think this is no big deal, but to us, it says a lot about the professionalism and etiquette of the staff at Phuket Pavilions!

3. The attention to details - on our final night in our villa, we noticed the sweet little card and pink flower on our nicely arranged bed, and the card says "Sweet Dreams and Good Night from the Phuket Pavilions team'. That was such a warm touch. As it rained that night, we also noticed that the staff had come in earlier to move the suntanning mats from the open decks to the sheltered outdoor sala, so they would remain dry should we like to use them again. They also lit insects repellents in our bedroom and living room, to make our last night at the villa as memorable as possible. All these were such sweet and nice touches, which we want to let the Paviions team know that we noticed them, and we appreciate it!

As part of providing an objective review, we would also like to share some pts for possible improvement. These are not necessities, but it may be good for the mgtmt to consider for further comfort of guests, such as upgrading to a flat-screen plasma tv to complement the elegance of the villa and providing live soccer channels for guests who are fans so they will not miss their favourite matches even though they are away from home. Nevertheless, with what Phuket Pavilions has to offer now, it way surpasses any other kind of holiday residences we have ever stayed in, and our pictures and memories say a thousand words. Having fallen in love with this wonderful place, we definitely look forward to return in the near future, and will undoubtedly highly recommend this secret haven to our family and friends. Keep up the good work, Phuket Pavilions! :)

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
#8 of 96 in Thalang District
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to The Pavilions Phuket? Share your experiences!