We were met with tall glasses of cool lemongrass juice, a stunning view of the ocean and smiles at the airy lobby of the Pavilions. We had booked an Ocean View Pool Villa online, and after a quick check-in, we sped up the hill in a buggy to our villa.
Quaint wooden doors, a stone Ganesha and a tortoise in a pool lead up to a large living room with a deep sofa facing a wide-screen TV, (perfect for watching all the movies you can borrow from the Recreation Centre), beyond which glass doors show you a tantalising blue glimpse of the infinity pool and the ocean beyond. The bedroom also has glass doors that lead straight out into the pool, and the bathroom is large and well-appointed. The slope of the hill offers you complete privacy, and the pool is clean and inviting.
The food at the restaurant is tasty, though the portions are a bit small. Breakfast was excellent though, we loved the waffles and the eggs Benedict. The Recreation Centre lends out DVDs for free, and you can sit in the plush sofas and play Scrabble and a couple of other boardgames they have there. The souvenir store stocks some pretty jewellery as well. There's also a shuttle to the beach and a market nearby that operates on a fixed schedule.
Our stay was filled with small surprises - treats left on our pillows, a complimentary foot-massage, an invitation for an evening of cocktails and conversation with the hotel's senior management. We spent the first four days of our honeymoon at the Pavilions and everything was just as we'd expected it to be. We couldn't have asked for a better start to our lives together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high above Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is a resort as spacious as it is private and peaceful. From our spacious newly appointed 81 sqm one-bedroom suites to our signature private pool villas, we are a haven of tranquility. Enjoy an array of restaurants including: our open air The Plantation Club for modern Thai and international favourites, Firefly set next to the largest freeform pool in Phuket for wood burning oven pizzas, grilled specialities and more, and 360 Bar, one of the best loved places in Choeng Thale for cocktails, asian tapas and sunsets. We also offer a wide range of in-villa dining options, including seafood bbqs. Our resort also features an award winning spa with yoga pavilion, fitness centre, and pools. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to relax and reconnect, The Pavilions is your perfect intimate escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Holiday Gems, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pavilions Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilions Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Phuket Pavilions Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Pavilions Cherngtalay
- The Pavilions Phuket Thailand