“Let's talk about Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I just want to talk about Pizza! I am a Pizza Lover...so once a week usually friday is my Pizza Night. In eight months I tried so many restaurants here in Phuket searching for a Real good Pizza...No COMMENT!!! Last month I went to "Casa Mia" and I ordered my usual Pizza! It was amazing! I ve been there for at least four times and every time the Pizza was PERFECT! The dough is not too thin and crisp to perfection, well cooked and the most important is the flavor and the quality of the ingredients.
Great sauce and real mozzarella. The fact that it is cooked in the electic oven is not penalizing it but I imagine that the same pizza cooked in a wood-fire oven would be awarded. Chef and owner are strictly Italian, so if you are looking for a real Italian style Pizza go there.

There are newer reviews for Casa Mia Restaurant Pizzeria

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

As the tilt says, really great pizza!
Nice thin, but not too thin, base and generously topped.
No thai food options mind, all Italian but that's what we were in the mood for!
Service was quite slow being as we were the only table in the restaurant but the food made up for that

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The location is quiet, great, on my opinion, for residents like me who, after a while, wanna get rid of the messy places on the coast. I think I tried at least half of pizza menu and more than half of food menu, everything was great, even during the most busy nights. The staff is attentive, nice and always smiling; Valerio and Sergio always could bring a breathe of italianism on our table, and always gave me and my diners the chance to close the dinner with some great limoncello or sorbetto. Thanks guys, see you...maybe tonight!

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Couldnt speak highly enough of Valerio and his food at Casa Mia Restaurante. His hospitality was very friendly and the food was delicious. The pizzas are massive in diameter but traditionally thin and the sugo is devine, I thought I was back in Italy. I had the spaghetti Marinara (seafood) and it was very fresh and tasty. They were very obliging giving me a half serve of spaghetti bolognese for my 3 year old too. We've been there twice already and will go there again before we head back to Melbourne, Australia on Saturday. Mille grazie per la Casa Mia!!!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We did have a mixed experience with the restaurant.

Positive: The pasta ordered by my spouse were `al dente` and very good - thanks to the Italian management and chef. Ambiente is `ooooook` but not really romantic.

Negative: I unfortunately ordered Beef Stroganoff and starting with the sauce and ending with the beef - never order beef in a Italian restaurant (same in Italy). Further, the service staff is very friendly, but do not really speak English nor understanding it, which draws the overall rating down! Whatever you order, doublecheck with the waiter. If you give feedback, call for Andrea, the owner - otherwise, like me, you are lost.

Even though my plate went fully back nearly as it came, it did not arrive as a comment with management nor was it cancelled on the bill!

Finally, after insisting, the service staff understood to call Andrea, the chef. He did an `ok-lots of talking-job` in explaining and offered a desert or a coffee!

Great - cancelling the main course or offering an `espresso con grappa` would have been a nice solution! We did not want to make any fuss, paied our dues, no coffee nor dessert and left!

Me, still hungry!