We stayed at Baan Puri, apartment B26, a two bed apartment, for a week in April. It was great - the apartment was lovely, very comfortable and spacious and nicely decorated.
There are 56 apartments in the resort, but the pool and restaurant were never over crowded. The pool was fabulous, a lovely organic shape with a great kids pool, just deep in enough for my 3 1/2 year old to stand in, she spent many happy hours practicing her swimming and diving to get stones. There was a general friendly vibe around the resort, we chatted to many of the others staying and the kids played together.
The food at the restaurant / bar was great, a mix of Thai and Western dishes set next to the pool; simple and reasonably priced; managed in a laid back, almost backpacker-hostel way, rather than with attentive Thai service - but that didn't bother us much. I heard it may be taken over soon so I hope that the quality of the food does not change.
The location is also good, a short walk (5min) to restaurants, mini marts, massages, bars and Bang Tao beach. However, we preferred Surin beach, a 5 min car ride away - though it was a shame that the beach and seawater wasn't cleaner - that's a Phuket problem generally though, I believe.
All in all, a great apartment for a laid back tropical break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Puri is a private gated development of 56 apartments and pennthouses set around lush tropical gardens and a wonderful pool that stretches the full length of the grounds, including a shallower pool for children. 'Baan Puri'can be loosely translated as 'Our Home, Our Place'. Within this residential framework, a good number of owners rent out their apartments to holidaymakers seeking an upmarket, relaxed ambience near to one of Phuket's finest beaches, Bang Tao, and a short drive across the headland to Surin Beach. With an onsite fully-equipped gym - free to guests - and restaurant/bar in the process of being upgraded by our new operator, Baan Puri is a perfect place for a genuinely peaceful break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Baan Puri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Lersuang Hotel Cherngtalay
- Baan Puri Phuket, Thailand