The Racha
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,263 results
All reviewsday trippersoutdoor showerchalong piergarden poolthe general managersunset restaurantdeluxe villaour honeymoonsmall islandearth cafepublic beachfire grillthai foodclub del marlobby barwhite sandy beachf b manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I spent 2 nights in the racha resort, and I spent 3 days that I can never forget.
The resort architecture is amazing, people are very friendly, site seeing is awesome, the place is very clean, beautiful and relaxing but it is expensive as well.

Room Tip: - I recommend NOT to book the honeymooners package because you will not get any benefit from the activities (very dummy) which makes it better if you reserve the items by your own. - Rooms are all good you don't have to take the see view one, all the views are very beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mohelsheikh
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Racha is a very nice hotel and I had a very good holiday with my family during the 2 days in Racha. The beach is one of the best beach I have ever been with white sand and blue water. And the view outside the hotel is very beautiful too. The only regret is earlier October is still rain season and not suitable for swimming and have only a few chances to do snokeling.

Room Tip: If possible, I will try the room with pool access.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TonyYan
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have never contributed to a review but the experience I had with my wife on our last vacation to The Racha was astounding and I have decided to reward the staff and management with this review.
We were at The Racha for our wedding anniversary in September on recommendation by a friend our ours. The service we experienced did not disappoint the moment we were met at the welcome lounge at Chalong. Big smiles everywhere and they tended to our needs with fresh towels and refreshments and snacks while we await to board our boat to paradise island.
Upon arrival at the island, the check in was smooth and to our surprise we were upgraded compliments of the GM. He even came to our villa and checked if all was good. Never experienced such personal touch by the hotel management before.
The villas were well maintained and the service staff were always around when we needed their attention unlike some other hotels. We just enjoyed the personal touch that was showered upon us by both the staff and the GM.
Its really a great place to chill and just let your mind wonder with the serenity. Don't worry about the food as its also well prepared. Buffet breakfast consists of a vast variety of food.
We are actually looking forward to be back in January to celebrate my wife's birthday.
The only regret was that we only stayed for 3 nights and would have continued on if not for our job commitments.

Kudos to the GM Gerard Tan and to his well managed staff and we are sure you guys will continue to maintain the high standards of service that was showered upon us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tham82
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights with the racha, the staffs are very friendly and the service was good. We got a big room, bright and clean. The only thing is the wifi in the hotel is not good because the signal comes from Phuket, you can't get the wifi connection and get emails in on the island. But who need to work during the holiday on such a beautiful island? The food in the restaurants are terrific. We definitely will come back again!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kexin C
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just returned from 2 nights here and I could have enjoyed at least another 3 nights. The island is really beautiful and the beaches are just as good as what I have seen in the Seychelles. Yes the main beach is a local beach and can get overcrowded, however there are other beaches you can escape to or 3 swimming pools in the resort, plus the locals are not there all day! The hotel itself is really lovely and rooms are of top quality.

The food is ok and there is a good variety of choice on offer to cater for all types, I personally enjoyed the BBQ. however if you do want more local food there are approx. 3 local restaurants nearby.

There are lots of activities on offer here so if your quite active, its perfect!

I would definitely recommend staying here. Also in remarks to the day trippers and locals on the beach, you get that pretty much everywhere in Thailand so not any fault of Racha's.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kaicie25
TheRacha, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear kaicie25,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We are extremely pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay at The Racha. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments about our property and service and will share these great words of encouragement with our team.

It has been our joy and privilege to serve you and we look forward to being of service to you again when you next return to The Racha.

Kind regards,