“DREAM HOLIDAY AT THE RACHA”
Review of The Racha

The Racha
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ko Racha Yai
Sanad, Kingdom of Bahrain
“DREAM HOLIDAY AT THE RACHA”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed in The Racha from 16th to 18th October but what a memorable stay. We, my wife, my son and his wife, my daughter and her husband and myself, reserved The Lighthouse which was like a dream-house rather an accommodation.
All of us enjoyed every second of our stay there. The cleanliness was perfect, the room service was without any delay, all the facilities were just like a dream. We thought that we were the only guests of the resort even though the resort was full.
Members of the staff were trained so nicely that before we ask they knew what we wanted and they were so polite with everyone who stayed in the resort.
One person who stood out among all was Mr. Gerard Tan, The General Manager, who was everywhere to look after everyone making everyone feel that he is the only guest of the resort.
I would like to thank him, Mr. Gerard Tan, for being such a gentleman and look after us in many ways and make us feel more than VIPs.
Mr. Tan, you made our short trip to the resort a very memorable one and we do hope that one day we will be back there and have more fun than we had this time.
THANK YOU MR.TAN AGAIN AND THANK YOUR STAFF FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID TO MAKE US FEEL SO HAPPY AND COMFORTABLE.

Room Tip: The Lighthouse was a perfect for us as we were six and it does suit the families of five to six.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our villa had a superb sea view. The villas themselves are immaculate and the zen architecture breathes life into this fantastic hotel.
The staff are extremely attentive and are ambassadors of the famous Thai hospitality as they go out of their way to please.
The place oozes elegance and sophistication and luxury that is a hard act to follow and it's standards and excellence are infinitely higher than some of the five stars in London and Dubai.
The food was a joy to eat, tantalising every taste bud! Try the barbecued lobster with fresh thai lemon sauce! The Spa and its ambience is a wonderful experience in itself with stress relieving therapies. Tip: bring back some of the soothing hypoallergenic jasmine lotion if you can, it's great on flights and imparts a gorgeous fragrance.
One of my favourite places in Thailand which I will be travelling to again and again.
Thank you again to the Racha's excellent General Manager and staff.

Room Tip: Any room with a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank London2024
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I have a chance to stay at the Racha for a night.
The hotel is beautiful landscape with the beautiful view of beach.

European restaurant which face to swimming pool is great place for dinner.

The beach is very beautiful with turquoise water and white sand. This is the first time for me to go to Raya island by catamaran. I really recommend this transportation.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Charanya D
Beijing, China
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We're so lucky that have been arranged on the first row of the villas which is just on the beach. So we can just lay on bed overlookin the beach and Andaman sea. The sea is colorfuly depends on the whether. It became the beautiful crystal green when in big sunny day. But the waves are very strong which could become little bit dangerours when going too far. It's for our wedding anniversary so they have taken the heart-style bed decoration which is so sweat. And for the meal inside the hotel, I recommend the Sunset Restaraunt, the BBQ are in very fair rate and in big size. The breakfast have more choices and since most of the guests coming from China, so much more Chinese style meals provded.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenny Z
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I spent 2 nights in the racha resort, and I spent 3 days that I can never forget.
The resort architecture is amazing, people are very friendly, site seeing is awesome, the place is very clean, beautiful and relaxing but it is expensive as well.

Room Tip: - I recommend NOT to book the honeymooners package because you will not get any benefit from the act...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mohelsheikh
Beijing
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Racha is a very nice hotel and I had a very good holiday with my family during the 2 days in Racha. The beach is one of the best beach I have ever been with white sand and blue water. And the view outside the hotel is very beautiful too. The only regret is earlier October is still rain season and not suitable for swimming and have only a few chances to do snokeling.

Room Tip: If possible, I will try the room with pool access.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TonyYan
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have never contributed to a review but the experience I had with my wife on our last vacation to The Racha was astounding and I have decided to reward the staff and management with this review.
We were at The Racha for our wedding anniversary in September on recommendation by a friend our ours. The service we experienced did not disappoint the moment we were met at the welcome lounge at Chalong. Big smiles everywhere and they tended to our needs with fresh towels and refreshments and snacks while we await to board our boat to paradise island.
Upon arrival at the island, the check in was smooth and to our surprise we were upgraded compliments of the GM. He even came to our villa and checked if all was good. Never experienced such personal touch by the hotel management before.
The villas were well maintained and the service staff were always around when we needed their attention unlike some other hotels. We just enjoyed the personal touch that was showered upon us by both the staff and the GM.
Its really a great place to chill and just let your mind wonder with the serenity. Don't worry about the food as its also well prepared. Buffet breakfast consists of a vast variety of food.
We are actually looking forward to be back in January to celebrate my wife's birthday.
The only regret was that we only stayed for 3 nights and would have continued on if not for our job commitments.

Kudos to the GM Gerard Tan and to his well managed staff and we are sure you guys will continue to maintain the high standards of service that was showered upon us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 34 in Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to The Racha? Share your experiences!