“has room to improve”
Review of The Racha

The Racha
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ko Racha Yai
Reviewed 1 November 2013

there's still space to improve as a five star resort. 1) there're many flies 2)housekeeping service is not so professional as sometimes forget to supplement the bath gel and tissues. However, it still gave me a memorable holiday all the same with its hospitality and beauty.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Vickygeweixiao
TheRacha, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Vickygewexiao,

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay here at The Racha. The beauty of the island is unsurpassable and I am glad you have experienced the Thai hospitality.

Thank you for highlighting some of shortcomings; please do accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I have addressed the issues you brought up with our Team Members and have emphasized on the importance of regular trainings for our staff.

Hopefully we will be seeing you here again soon for more memorable holidays and with improvements made with your invaluable feedback.

Kind regards,

Devan Bhaskaran

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed in The Racha from 16th to 18th October but what a memorable stay. We, my wife, my son and his wife, my daughter and her husband and myself, reserved The Lighthouse which was like a dream-house rather an accommodation.
All of us enjoyed every second of our stay there. The cleanliness was perfect, the room service was without any delay, all the facilities were just like a dream. We thought that we were the only guests of the resort even though the resort was full.
Members of the staff were trained so nicely that before we ask they knew what we wanted and they were so polite with everyone who stayed in the resort.
One person who stood out among all was Mr. Gerard Tan, The General Manager, who was everywhere to look after everyone making everyone feel that he is the only guest of the resort.
I would like to thank him, Mr. Gerard Tan, for being such a gentleman and look after us in many ways and make us feel more than VIPs.
Mr. Tan, you made our short trip to the resort a very memorable one and we do hope that one day we will be back there and have more fun than we had this time.
THANK YOU MR.TAN AGAIN AND THANK YOUR STAFF FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID TO MAKE US FEEL SO HAPPY AND COMFORTABLE.

Room Tip: The Lighthouse was a perfect for us as we were six and it does suit the families of five to six.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our villa had a superb sea view. The villas themselves are immaculate and the zen architecture breathes life into this fantastic hotel.
The staff are extremely attentive and are ambassadors of the famous Thai hospitality as they go out of their way to please.
The place oozes elegance and sophistication and luxury that is a hard act to follow and it's standards and excellence are infinitely higher than some of the five stars in London and Dubai.
The food was a joy to eat, tantalising every taste bud! Try the barbecued lobster with fresh thai lemon sauce! The Spa and its ambience is a wonderful experience in itself with stress relieving therapies. Tip: bring back some of the soothing hypoallergenic jasmine lotion if you can, it's great on flights and imparts a gorgeous fragrance.
One of my favourite places in Thailand which I will be travelling to again and again.
Thank you again to the Racha's excellent General Manager and staff.

Room Tip: Any room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank London2024
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I have a chance to stay at the Racha for a night.
The hotel is beautiful landscape with the beautiful view of beach.

European restaurant which face to swimming pool is great place for dinner.

The beach is very beautiful with turquoise water and white sand. This is the first time for me to go to Raya island by catamaran. I really recommend this transportation.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Charanya D
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We're so lucky that have been arranged on the first row of the villas which is just on the beach. So we can just lay on bed overlookin the beach and Andaman sea. The sea is colorfuly depends on the whether. It became the beautiful crystal green when in big sunny day. But the waves are very strong which could become little bit dangerours when going too far. It's for our wedding anniversary so they have taken the heart-style bed decoration which is so sweat. And for the meal inside the hotel, I recommend the Sunset Restaraunt, the BBQ are in very fair rate and in big size. The breakfast have more choices and since most of the guests coming from China, so much more Chinese style meals provded.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny Z
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I spent 2 nights in the racha resort, and I spent 3 days that I can never forget.
The resort architecture is amazing, people are very friendly, site seeing is awesome, the place is very clean, beautiful and relaxing but it is expensive as well.

Room Tip: - I recommend NOT to book the honeymooners package because you will not get any benefit from the act...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mohelsheikh
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Racha is a very nice hotel and I had a very good holiday with my family during the 2 days in Racha. The beach is one of the best beach I have ever been with white sand and blue water. And the view outside the hotel is very beautiful too. The only regret is earlier October is still rain season and not suitable for swimming and have only a few chances to do snokeling.

Room Tip: If possible, I will try the room with pool access.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to The Racha? Share your experiences!