Chez Delphine
Hotel Des Consuls(Castelnau-de-Montmiral)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$117
Hotel L'Occitan(Gaillac)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$95
US$93
Hotel La Metairie(Cordes-sur-Ciel)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsold housewalking holidaylarge roomsmall swimming pooltop floorlocal producebeautiful houseamazing viewscharming place to staysurrounding countrysideguest houselovely spotcentury churchcharming hospitalitycroissantsbalconyvillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I was free forming a trip with the objective of purchasing a house in the South West when I stumbled across Chez Delphine's.

I was looking at a map on the bonnet of my car in the Puycelci when the helpful girl from the local cafe asked if I needed assistance. When I explained that I was looking for somewhere to stay, she walked me right over to this place and there I stayed for a week.

Chez Delphine's is a charming as it reads and the tranquility I experienced in the little village was exactly what I was looking for. As it was off season, Delphine helped me navigate the dining options in Puycelci as this required planning when the shop/restaurant & cafe was open etc.

The rooms are generous and full of character, clean and well appointed and for everything else ask Delphine. She even put me in touch with a great local estate agent and a friend that was selling their place (which led to me viewing two others).

Breakfasts were reliable with great coffee and your usual French assortment of breads and pastries, local strawberries and jams/honey.

Absolutely perfect stay for what I had set out to achieve, highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We loved our room at the top of the stairs. Beautiful view from the balcony. The garden is a relaxing place and the pool would be good in the summer.
Delphine was a very hospitable host and we enjoyed chatting to her about world affairs.
We also enjoyed chatting to the other guests at the communal breakfast table.
Puycelci is a lovely quiet village.

Room Tip: Top floor has balcony with lovely view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

A beautiful house in a gorgeous village with stunning views. We had the room with the balcony at the top of the house which is very special, with the balcony being a great place to sit out in the sun, especially for breakfast. Food, service and hospitality were all great, the only downside was that the bed was pretty hard and would take a bit of getting used to (we had the option of sleeping in a different bed on the second night which we did). All in all though a great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had not heard of Puyselci but it was near our route North. Another time we would stay longer and walk in the surrounding countryside. The hill village itself is wonderfully untouristy unlike the more well known villages and you can stroll around the old rampart walls for great views. Chez Delphine was a wonderful old house in the middle of the cobbled streets with the benefit of both garden and swimming pool, although it was not hot enough to swim. Delphine herself is very knowledgeable about the history and the area, and her English is very good too.
We had the large room on the first floor with a huge fireplace, very comfortable, large bed and an antiquated shower room but lots of hot water. Thankfully there was an excellent restaurant that was open on a Sunday evening. We would thoroughly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: The large room does not have the views of the top floor, but a pleasant outlook across the cobbled lane over a neighbouring first floor terrace garden.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We were given a more expensive room than the one we booked. Not entirely sure why but it was lovely at the top of the house with stunning views. Rather treacherous stairs however although a beautiful looking feature of the house. Seeing the other reviews we would book that same room again because it was light and airy. It was quite a contrast to the place we had stayed in the night before however which had a very laisser faire approach which has to be less stressful for everyone. I understand the need to want to instruct people how to behave in ones home but ..... Maybe get the lock on the door fixed and use different chairs at the breakfast table. En effet sort the things that require instruction each time? Wifi was tricky. Once disconnected it did not automatically reconnect. Too much hassle.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple