“Definite Must!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Arima
“Definite Must!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I visited Sails for an evening out with a date. The ambience was lovely. It was a warm night so the sea breeze wasn't at all overwhelming. There was a musician tinkling away at the keyboard and singing some lovely tunes. Our waitress was great, even stopping to take a picture of us. She checked in on us regularly to make sure that everything was just right, The food selection was quite broad and the actual meal was phenomenal.
I ordered their surf and turf which was served with a side of mashed cassava. The shrimp were grilled to perfection, succulent and juicy (I can taste it now) and the steak was probably the best I've ever had. I'm sure the outdoor grill helped with the taste. It was nice to see the chef at work. The cassava was soft and was a nice alternative to rice or potatoes. Nice that they kept the choices local. Even the drinks selection was great. I ordered a Black Russian and it was one of the better ones I've ever had and it was HUGE.
Even though we were full, my date and I still opted for dessert and the cheesecake didn't disappoint.
All in all, I was pleasantly surprised. I will Surely return.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Clare H

Ottawa, Canada
“Never been disappointed”
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Eaten at Sails a few times over the last two years and have never been disappointed. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is great, the live music (not every nght) is good, and the chef / owner is a master at the grill. The mixed kebab is the best I've had and the grilled fish is always fantastic. On busy nights the service can be slow but c'mon, you're sitting on the water in Trinidad sipping a cold one watching the sunset... it doesn't get much better.

1 Thank HelenBT
Trinidad
“Horrible”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The callaloo soup had a rancid taste, food had to be sent back. Left after appetizers, no apologies or anything from staff .

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Ravidev2504
Trinidad
“Good pace to eat by the Water”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Sails Restaurant is located on the jetty in the Power Boats Marina in Chaguaramas. It offers a combination of covered dining and outdoor dining. The waitresses are knowledgeable and very helpful with menu selections plus very attentive. The food is extremely tasty. Being on the waterfront, the restaurant has a lovely view of the bay with yachts and other boats moored offshore and at night the view is enhanced with the lights reflecting on the water.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brian R
Caracas
“Nice place, specially on sundays afternoon.”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I went to The Sails with a friend past sunday. We where adviced of Sunday's specials fish grill starting at 6. So we arrived at 5, have some drinks appetizers and then went for the catch of the day, which was a grouper. The apetizers were ok, but the fish was great! Healthy, tastefull, perfectly cooked, and even the side dishes were perfect too. It has a good atmosphere, you may play some billards on the inside or even have some drinks in the fisherman-style bar. Not a fancy place but is just the kind of places I prefer. Reservation is recomended. Attending on weekdays is not recomended.