“Like a whole different country”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chaguaramas
Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chaguaramas
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've been at this hotel two times within the last 3 years, but I should go back often. It is situated at the foothills of the North Western Range, within a Boatyard and Marina so all the yatchs and boats are in very close proximity, and it just happens to be one of my favourite places to relax in Trinidad. I always tell my girlfriend that its like I'm in another country. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking.

I've been at this hotel twice, most recently in January, and I've stayed on the third floor on both occasions, where the pool area, gardens, the yatchs and the beautiful Gulf of Paria can be seen. Its especially beautiful at nights. The rooms are spacious and clean, and you feel very much at home.

The pool is very clean and the gardens are well maintained. However, during my recent stay, work was being done on the air-conditioning around the hotel and the ducts and hoses were being installed on the side facing the pool, which took away the beauty of the Hotel itself. Walks around the Hotel give rise to vast opportunities for taking photos. There is also a gym on the ground floor and an ice machine close by. A short walk on the path leads you to cafes and shops, and also to the restaurant, Light House, and Bar, Barracuda. A grocery and bank is also on the compound, adjacent to Barracuda.

Both my bookings there have included breakfast, which was absolutely delicious and something I look forward to everytime. Omelettes, Sausages, Bacon and Hash browns, were included with our local favourites Coconut bake, and Buljol (a combination of salted cod, tomatoes, onions, hot peppers, sweet peppers and sometime carrots). Fresh fruits are also available. The experience has always been pleasant because of the fresh air, amazing scenery and good service.

Barracuda Bar and Lounge has all the premium drinks at good prices, and you can sit outside on the patio area close to the water. You can also order small meals at the Bar, which is prepared at the Restaurant and brought downstairs to you. Closing times vary according to patronage.

All in all, its my favourite place for my "staycation", and I would definitely recommend Crews Inn Hotel to visitors and locals alike.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the third floor and close to the end of the Hotel, the scenery is much more beautif...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruud L

Reviewed 23 February 2013

When we arrived, there had just been a storm, so black out was frequent. At first, we saw that the hotel was on generator was a bit relieve, except there were certain times in the night that even the generator went out. Luckily second day on, it came back but still questionable at times. The staff here are friendly, from front desk to housekeeping to cafe to restaurant. The breakfast is buffet American style, so you really do get a view with your breakfast. Almost every room get a view of the pool and the yachts, so there is no bad view here. The only con is that there is no easy way to get into the city unless you have a car. Taxi to the city can range from $25 to $36 US, and that doesn't count if you have more people to share the cab or if it is late night. This place is about 45 mins from the airport and about 20 mins from Port of Spain center. Luckily, the compound has a convenient store, a cafe, a bar, a gift shop/liquor store (duty free), and scuba gear shop. They do try to have everything at one place. Bed is hard, not loving the tile floor, room can be musky because it's near water. I recommend you to bring your own slippers for added comfort. You will get mosquitoes no matter how hard you try to keep them out, just protect yourself wisely.

Room Tip: Almost every room has a view of the pool, you can't lose
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wannabefoodieHouston
Reviewed 10 February 2013

This is the perfect get away. It's beautiful, calm and relaxing the way every vacation should be. I didn't really see any locals, I just saw tourists, but nonetheless it was amazing, and the pool is clean. I would think it would be hard to maintain a clean pool in the Caribbean with all the trees and bugs, but it was perfectly maintained and quiet. No one bothered us. Stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jess I
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My husband, son & I spent one day and night at this lovely hotel. The room was beautiful & clean with a big jacuzzi.WThe food at the restaurant was very tasty, especially the breakfast buffet. Words cant descibe how beautiful the sceney was, with its view of the sea and the many boats docked at the harbour. There is a children's pool and adult pool which we enjoyed to the max. We did'nt want to leave this wonderful place. Cant wait to go again!!!

Room Tip: Take a room at the top floor cuz u can see the scenery better!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Keisha713
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My husband and I was there from the 22/12/2012 to 26.12.2012.The staff was very friendly and helpful the meals were tasty. Housekeeping made sure that the rooms were always cleaned. Words cannot clearly describe the wonderful time we had you just have to visit the crews inn and experience it yourself

Room Tip: Choose a room from the second or third floor the view of the ocean and the pool is better
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank amessa r
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Had a three day trip to Trinidad, and friends took us to visit the Chaguaramas area. We ate lunch at the Crews Inn restaurant. Our dining experience was very mixed. The view at the Crews Inn Restaurant is very nice. The view is of the wharf and waters, with the mountains in the back settings. The hostess was very nice and accommodating. The wait staff was polite but truly lack any friendliness. The wait staff likes to bunch up by the kitchen and was not very attentive, as we had to repeatedly flag down staff members to ask for simple water fills. The service was excruciating slow during a time when the restaurant was not busy, and the staffing was well above the business level. Our appetizers arrived after a 25 min wait, then our main dish arrived another 45 min later. The food was quite good, the combination of local style sauces and the various food that we ordered were excellent matches. The dishes were cooked just right, not overdone or undercooked. BUT THE PORTIONS WERE RIDICULOUSLY SMALL!!! For example, we ordered a snapper for over $140 TTs, and we truly expected a good portion of fish being served. What came was a joke! One small (and I mean SMALL) slice of fish on a bed of accompaniments. We did not fuss over the dishes. Once we finished with the food, it took another 20 min to flag down someone, ask for and process the check. What was to be a quick lunch, turned into a two and a half hour affair. I guess Crews Inn definitely is on a Caribbean pace. If you have time, this restaurant serves good food, ok but slow service, and very small portions.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jspyu
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Heading to Trinidad and the north of the Island then this is the place to stay, nice people abundant really feel at home here.
Mainly deal with the breakfast crew and the front desk who are all top of the tree when it comes to being attentive and friendly.
Food is good but evening service is a little slow, not so good after a hard days work.
but a safe and sound location would recomment it.

Room Tip: ground floor you can sit out on the grass works for me!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaguaramas
Coral Cove Marina Hotel
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre? Share your experiences!