Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre
US$253
Courtyard
US$121
Hotels.com
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
US$176
US$159
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
US$120
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$237
US$198
Alicia's Palace(Port of Spain)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslighthouse restaurantplay parkone night staythe usual amenitiesromantic weekendroom balconyclean roomsclose proximitypool areabuffet stylelocal dishesinternet accessthe room was nicehotel staffchecking inbreakfast potatoesboard walk
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel has alot of features that caters for all ages.For the toddlers, there is the playground with slides and rope ladders.A pool that is about 2 feet deep caters for the little ones.There is a larger pool that goes to a depth of 8feet for bigger children and adults.The water is clean and warm.The views of the mountains and sea is very relaxing.Boats of different sizes docks there.The restaurant opens for breakfast from 7am and remains open well into the night.The food is tasty and well presented.Breakfast is both local and american dishes, also if one feels for omelette or fried eggs, the chef is on site to prepare it.
The room chosen was recently renovated to a modern look.42" flat screen tv, cable, ac, iron board,
hot cold water etc, there is even a hair dryer.The beds are very comfortable and one has 10 pillows to enjoy.
There is a hilo on the compound as well as other shops to purchase stuffs.
There is some renovations going on certainrooms which produced some noise.The elevator was a great convenience to move from ground to 2nd floor.
The grass, shrubs and trees are well maintained and green.
The receptionist, waiteress and other staff were very polite and customer oriented.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank baby p
Reviewed 21 March 2014

coming towards the end of my annual trip to Trini we decided to head out towards Chaguaramas to see the beach(see separate review) and kept going as Crews Inn was recommended to us. It is a little drive beyond the beach but worth it. We went to the lighthouse restaurant where one could have a two course lunch for TT$99 plus vat and service which included a glass of wine or a soft drink. Instead we went for the Club Sandwich and chicken. It was very good but the bread could have been toasted a little more. Staff were excellent as is the location

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank micra03
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This review has to do with the restaurant only and isn't a reflection of the hotel and its rooms. As a local I have always heard positive things about Crews Inn and its restaurant so I was very excited to take one of my former coworkers out for a farewell dinner. The view is lovely with all the yachts bobbing around and being able to see the sunset from the deck. The chef though needs a bit of a reality check. I don't know if the tastes are more to those who like things bland but there was just something missing. Namely seasoning...my roast beef could have used a little salt not to mention my fiance's swordfish. One of my other colleagues was served fish that was only partially cooked. This isn't a sushi bar.
Also before I started my main course I asked the waitress for a steak knife and she told me that the last time she gave a customer a steak knife the chef reprimanded her. He told her that the meat he cooked is so tender it shouldn't require a steak knife and that she shouldn't insult him by offering it to the customer!!! Really?
I have to admit though, the waitress was extremely attentive otherwise and she was accommodating even though the party had 7 people and we needed separate bills. The thing I couldn't get my head around was that a few of us weren't allowed to order appetizers until the entire party was there. What is going on with the kitchen? They can't handle just sending out some appetizers for starving people in case the other guests are late? I was told to satisfy myself with the bread rolls.
Also I know that I made the reservation on the same day and I can't expect the best seats in the house but our round table that could have seated 8 people was right next to the serving station. So the waitresses kept bumping into our chairs or having to pass behind us to get their jugs of water or plates or cutlery etc. I find that really inconvenient and irritating.
Call me picky but I have mixed feelings about Lighthouse. I think maybe I need to go for brunch to have a different opinion.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Arawakasauras
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My hubby and I booked a one night stay at Crews Inn Hotel for the New Year and we were glad we did! Upon checking in, we were able to get a free upgrade to one of the "renovated" rooms as the hotel is in the process of a total interior makeover. (As this being said, be sure to inquire about these rooms if you're planning to stay here, it's definitely worth it!) Nevertheless, the views from the room are breathtaking, very peaceful and serene. Great for couples, even for families since there is a kids play zone and a spacious BBQ grill on the property. After settling in, we took a nice evening stroll to Caffe Del Mare -- the Cherry Cheesecake is heavenly. Since the pastries opened our appetite, we decided to have dinner at the Lighthouse Restaurant that same night. I had the fried calamari and the grilled chicken breast with penne pasta, unfortunately my pasta went from warm to cool really fast, but I trust this was due to the open venue, very breezy! The next morning, we dined in for our complimentary breakfast, not much choices, but still satisfying. I did not get a chance to swim at the pool because the weather was a bit cool, so was the water. I thought the pool was heated judging from a previous review. We really would have loved to stay an extra night but we both had to head back to work the next day. However, Crews Inn hotel is definitely a quaint little getaway, a home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank june6ug
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Working over there & landing in the Port of Chagarumas every now and again. The people are so friendly and attentive everything is great the rooms clean and what ambience. I am definitely seeing me taking my wife and girls to return and who knows!

Room Tip: The ones with a back door facing the bay, pool, jacuzzi.... Will not regret!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business