“Nice place/experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chaguaramas
Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chaguaramas
“Nice place/experience”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I always stay here like every other month. It's a really nice experience to have with all of the yacht and other stuff that you don't see on a daily basis. Great hotel, rooms are being upgraded, toilet are well kept. Breakfast are full buffet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor and third floor are the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Stephen_MDM

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 22 May 2014

i stayed at crewsinn for two nights with my small kids. we loved it. i especially love the relaxing view of the marina and mountains. the property is well kept and clean. the rooms have been upgraded to a very modern and sophisticated look and of course the view from the balcony is breathtaking. the pool is always warm and clean. the food at the restaurant is tasty and the breakfast buffet is somthing to look forward too, alot of variety. One suggestion though, i wish they would put a couple of benches by the play area for the the adults to sit while the kids play. overall, a perfect place for a staycation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank sgfagwgwsr
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have stayed here off and on over the last five years, and have watched the slow deterioration that the owners have tried to stem with a "low bid and low budget " renovation, which has has now been going on for two years. They are now on the third contractor - and still not done.
We stayed there last week, and were warned that renovations weren't finished. However, we weren't warned that the elevator has been used to carry construction equipment, has most of the tiles broken, is full of dust and dirt and is basically out of service. Or that the internet is still intermittent. Or that there was no coffee available in the rooms. Or that the corridors near the elevator are blocked off and full of construction dirt and debris.
On Monday we were notified the car park would be out of service for the remainder of the week, as an unforeseen trench had to be dug to replace something. From Tuesday on the jackhammers and excavators precluded any attempt at rational thought, never mind conversation. Thursday morning the excavator accidentally struck the main water line (who couldn't see that coming ??) and the entire hotel was without water until about 7 PM, when it was restored to the rooms - but not the reception building !
Checking out involved carrying suitcases through the excavation zone, around open trenches, behind the excavator - and yes, it was working but didn't stop, over mounds of dirt, past the jackhammer and compressor - can you say industrial grade LOUD ??? and out into the open area in front of security, where we had to dodge trucks delivering large oilfield equipment to the ship at the wharf.
Friday at noon the trench was half dug, the dirt was piled six feet high, the reception building - and laundry and marina washrooms - had no water for the second day running, the place was in chaos, and the parking lot looked like a war zone at least a week away from re-opening.
The staff were shell-shocked and trying to cope. They are really the only reason the place is still going, and deserve medals for putting up with the crap that the owners have dumped on them.
This is one of the best locations in Trinidad, and instead of doing things properly and utilizing it's potential, the owner has opted to "put some lipstick on the pig" and still charge top dollar for a tired old girl. What a shame.

Room Tip: Wait until renovations are done. There are no "good rooms" when there are jackhammers and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank travellingbear2014
trinidad
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel has alot of features that caters for all ages.For the toddlers, there is the playground with slides and rope ladders.A pool that is about 2 feet deep caters for the little ones.There is a larger pool that goes to a depth of 8feet for bigger children and adults.The water is clean and warm.The views of the mountains and sea is very relaxing.Boats of different sizes docks there.The restaurant opens for breakfast from 7am and remains open well into the night.The food is tasty and well presented.Breakfast is both local and american dishes, also if one feels for omelette or fried eggs, the chef is on site to prepare it.
The room chosen was recently renovated to a modern look.42" flat screen tv, cable, ac, iron board,
hot cold water etc, there is even a hair dryer.The beds are very comfortable and one has 10 pillows to enjoy.
There is a hilo on the compound as well as other shops to purchase stuffs.
There is some renovations going on certainrooms which produced some noise.The elevator was a great convenience to move from ground to 2nd floor.
The grass, shrubs and trees are well maintained and green.
The receptionist, waiteress and other staff were very polite and customer oriented.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank baby p
ireland
Reviewed 21 March 2014

coming towards the end of my annual trip to Trini we decided to head out towards Chaguaramas to see the beach(see separate review) and kept going as Crews Inn was recommended to us. It is a little drive beyond the beach but worth it. We went to the lighthouse restaurant where one could have a two course lunch for TT$99 plus vat and service which included a glass of wine or a soft drink. Instead we went for the Club Sandwich and chicken. It was very good but the bread could have been toasted a little more. Staff were excellent as is the location

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank micra03
San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This review has to do with the restaurant only and isn't a reflection of the hotel and its rooms. As a local I have always heard positive things about Crews Inn and its restaurant so I was very excited to take one of my former coworkers out for a farewell dinner. The view is lovely with all the yachts bobbing around and being able to see the sunset from the deck. The chef though needs a bit of a reality check. I don't know if the tastes are more to those who like things bland but there was just something missing. Namely seasoning...my roast beef could have used a little salt not to mention my fiance's swordfish. One of my other colleagues was served fish that was only partially cooked. This isn't a sushi bar.
Also before I started my main course I asked the waitress for a steak knife and she told me that the last time she gave a customer a steak knife the chef reprimanded her. He told her that the meat he cooked is so tender it shouldn't require a steak knife and that she shouldn't insult him by offering it to the customer!!! Really?
I have to admit though, the waitress was extremely attentive otherwise and she was accommodating even though the party had 7 people and we needed separate bills. The thing I couldn't get my head around was that a few of us weren't allowed to order appetizers until the entire party was there. What is going on with the kitchen? They can't handle just sending out some appetizers for starving people in case the other guests are late? I was told to satisfy myself with the bread rolls.
Also I know that I made the reservation on the same day and I can't expect the best seats in the house but our round table that could have seated 8 people was right next to the serving station. So the waitresses kept bumping into our chairs or having to pass behind us to get their jugs of water or plates or cutlery etc. I find that really inconvenient and irritating.
Call me picky but I have mixed feelings about Lighthouse. I think maybe I need to go for brunch to have a different opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Arawakasauras
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My hubby and I booked a one night stay at Crews Inn Hotel for the New Year and we were glad we did! Upon checking in, we were able to get a free upgrade to one of the "renovated" rooms as the hotel is in the process of a total interior makeover. (As this being said, be sure to inquire about these rooms if you're planning to stay here, it's definitely worth it!) Nevertheless, the views from the room are breathtaking, very peaceful and serene. Great for couples, even for families since there is a kids play zone and a spacious BBQ grill on the property. After settling in, we took a nice evening stroll to Caffe Del Mare -- the Cherry Cheesecake is heavenly. Since the pastries opened our appetite, we decided to have dinner at the Lighthouse Restaurant that same night. I had the fried calamari and the grilled chicken breast with penne pasta, unfortunately my pasta went from warm to cool really fast, but I trust this was due to the open venue, very breezy! The next morning, we dined in for our complimentary breakfast, not much choices, but still satisfying. I did not get a chance to swim at the pool because the weather was a bit cool, so was the water. I thought the pool was heated judging from a previous review. We really would have loved to stay an extra night but we both had to head back to work the next day. However, Crews Inn hotel is definitely a quaint little getaway, a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank june6ug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaguaramas
Courtyard Port of Spain
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
Radisson Hotel Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre? Share your experiences!