“I enjoyed my stay with jane and martin very much”
Review of 12 Morton Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainsborough
12 Morton Terrace
Ranked #1 of 9 Gainsborough B&B and Inns
Rottweil, Deutschland
“I enjoyed my stay with jane and martin very much”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very clean and spacious room. Very good breakfast. There was always something to drink and to eat. Crisps, chocolate, several breads, cakes, scones, wine, orange juice. One evening jane even made a delicious crumble with ice cream for us.

Jane and martin could not be more welcoming and friendly.

thank you!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Visiting Gainsborough for a reunion with school friends of the 1940's-50's!!
Spent 2 nights at Number 12 and found our stay a most enjoyable experience. Nothing too much trouble with complimentary wine and home made scones to die for.
We had a recent breakfast at the London Savoy which, in our opinion, fell short of the delightful full English served up by Jane & Martin.
We are looking for an excuse to return!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here for one night and found the whole experience fantastic. Owners are so welcoming. The rooms are clean and immaculately presented. Nothing was too much trouble. I slept like a log and the best was yet to come with possibly the best full English breakfast I have ever eaten. Not a single negative about my nights stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending 12 Morton Terrace to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
South Benfleet, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I have to say the proprietors were probably the friendliest most welcoming I've met and genuinely nice people. I only stayed 1 night , but it was a lovely homely atmosphere , with every attention to detail covered.
The rooms were immaculate and for a B&B well well apportioned and tastefully decorated. Homemade muffins and scones on tap and wine and treats waing in the room . All really nice touches.
If I were staying anywhere near that area again ,I would go out of my way to stay there again.
Great place to stay , run by lovely people.
Many thanks to you :-)

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed one night for a Birthday Celebration Party on 08/02/2014 and found this accommodation to be of a very high standard. There was everything we needed in the room - including snacks and wine (which we were not expecting). Jane could not do enough for us - and was a brilliant hostess.
Complimentary home-made cake and biscuits were available in the lounge and the almond tart was absolutely delicious (midnight snack). The breakfast was first class. We cannot fault this B&B and would thoroughly recommend it. We shall make sure we use it again if we visit Gainsborough in the future.

Room Tip: We had room at the rear - which was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband & I went to Gainsborough on 26 Sept 2013 for 2 nights. We thought since it's non peak season, we don't need to pre-book our lodging. But since we spent too much time in Bicester, we arrived pretty late at 7 pm & it was almost dark. We went past 12 Morton Terrace a couple of times but couldn't recognise it. It was also not in our shortlist because we thought it was situated in the countryside because the house looked like a nice country house & there was no mention in TripAdvisor that it was in town area (we wanted to stay near town).As it was getting dark, I started to panic & we just called anyway to check availability. Luckily they had one room left. We managed to get there and we were offered 2 rooms to choose from (as the other booking has not arrived yet). Both rooms were very nice & Jane received us very warmly & cheerfully.
The next morning, as soon as we opened our bedroom door, we can smell freshly baked bread & scones - so heavenly! The English breakfast was delicious & cooked to our individual preference! Breakfast was served at the stylish dining room. Jane & Martin were so friendly that later we found out that Jane & I came from the same home town in South-East of England! We also went to the same high school! What a coincidence!
We loved Jane's baking so much that she gave us some scones & muffins for our tea the next day and also some scones & cookies to bring back (which I carefully hand carried back to Singapore for my 2 kids to try!). We can't find such nice & delicious scones in Singapore!
Jane also showed us her garden with nice flowers & an apple tree (which Jane also plucked some fresh apples for us too!).
We are glad that we didn't pre-book our lodging - otherwise, we wouldn't have gone to 12 Morton Terrace.
We will go back to Gainsborough in the next few years & we will bring our kids too. So Jane, be prepared to bake more scones & cookies because my kids loved them!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank AlisonWHC
Jervis Bay, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed here in September for 6 nights while visiting family and they were very good to us 'young people' haha. We loved the breakfast and we really enjoyed our stay. Room was lovely. Thanks again Jane and Martin :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Brock M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainsborough
Hickman Hill Hotel
#3 of 9 in Gainsborough
Brampton Dales Farm
Brampton Dales Farm
#4 of 9 in Gainsborough

Been to 12 Morton Terrace? Share your experiences!