“What a wonderful wedding. ”

The Maltings Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 56 Restaurants in Gainsborough
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We attended a friends wedding reception here. What a truly wonderful room we were in, wooden beams lit with twinkling fairy lights. You really could be forgiven for thinking you were no longer in Gainsborough.
The food, a buffet, was delicious,lots of choice and all full of flavour. A band and a disco played, the atmosphere was electric, everybody joining in with the dancing well into the early hours.
During the evening a very polite, friendly young lady came round serving everyone with fish & chips. Wow, how delicious where they?
Overall we had a wonderful day, the food, the staff, all of who were very polite, friendly and efficient, this building really is a hidden gem. Well done to the landlord & landlady, keep up the fab work!! I will be recommending the Maltings to anyone and everyone. Thankyou to you all xx

1  Thank Teddypiglato

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I decided to try The Maltings black rock menu as we'd heard so much about it. The bar we were in was wonderfully set out with just the right lighting, not to dark, not to bright. We were greeted by a lady with a big smile and a personality to go with it, who showed us straight to our table, pulling both mine and my partners chairs out for us. ( you don't see that happening very often) As she went to get our drinks a gentleman approached us to ask if we'd had a black rock meal before, as this was new to us he brilliantly explained to us how it works. We had a sharing platter for starters, delicious,with a variety from prawns to chicken, to garlic bread and onion rings. I was almost full from this, how was I ever going to manage my main? However when my duck and my partners mixed grill arrived it got my my taste buds sizzling again, what a truly wonderful meal and what a fantastic idea that these lovely people have bought to Gainsborough. We will definitely be returning and bringing friends with us, we've already started spreading the word!!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I don't even think the place deserves a terrible, it's far beyond that.
I heard great things about the place. My cousin held her reception there, and my best friends 21st - aside from the toilets and expensive drinks everything was fine.
This is what prompted me to book for my wedding reception. I spoke to the lady last year, and everything was set and sorted. She seemed more than helpful, answered any questions and was okay that I didn't want any food for the night time. I was told to come back in January to put any money down that may be required, and ask any more questions.
HOWEVER.
After several attempts of trying to get in contact, I finally got through only to be told that my day may be a problem (despite previously stating it was fine) in case someone else wants to book.
Her reasoning was that because we are not having food, they could make more money on someone else, should they book that day with food. Which is highly unlikely considering another wedding to be held on a Tuesday is rare.
Only being told this yesterday I find myself looking for another venue, with not a lot of time to spare and invites that are now useless - not to mention I am very disheartened by the whole situation.
Beware, because they obviously don't give two monkeys about anything, or anyone other than themselves. The fact they are willing to do this to a couple so close to their wedding is beyond me.
Safe to say, I hope they go bankrupt.

5  Thank Chelsea2910
Reviewed 15 December 2013

One word...wow!! Booked in for cabaret at the maltings last night, room looked amazing aswell as the bar with all the different colour lights very effective, we had soup to start which was lovely, steak on a hot rock for main and wow it was huge!! And tasted delicious, and pudding was my fave chocolate cake again it was beautiful, the singer was great, service was well above anywhere i have been before, all staff were very polite and more than happy to help, even with helping bring drinks to table, after the meal every one got up to have a dance, even the managers joined in which was fantastic becauae you dont get that any where else, so glad we booked to go to maltings because all round it was brilliant,.will be returning next week for another cabaret as we booked again last night, thanks to the maltings and the staff for a fantastic night xx

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Heard so many good things about this place. What an awful time we had. Food okay if you have steak but diverse away and they struggle really badly. We had to wait twenty five minutes to get someone to notice that six of us had sat at a table. Took three attempts to get the order sorted and the staff were ignorant and not trained to a good standard. Will definitely not be going there again. Very disappointing indeed.

2  Thank Alliswellathome