“great”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“great”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

great food friendly staff nothing is too much trouble. Mrs loves mild currys and they do what you want, love it here.

4 Thank mortonterrace

Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Staff change front of house”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have been regular visitors to this Indian in the past went last night and what a change in quality of service. It took 40 minutes before our order was taken then only when we asked him if we could order. It took a further 20 minutes for the poppadoms and pickle tray to be served no apologies for slow surly service. The rest of the food was fine just very disappointed in the service.

3 Thank Lorraine S
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Awful takeaway service...”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've been to the Sufian several times to dine in and it has always been pleasant, with helpful staff and lovely food. I had heard bad things about their takeout service but due to their exemplary attitude and cooking when I have visited their resturant, I decided to take the chance... I wish I hadn't, when ordering my food the person on the phone was snappy and kept getting my order wrong (which was a simple: Chicken Korma, Chicken Tikka Masalla and Pilau Rice), and when I asked how long it would be, they simply said "I don't know." ... An hour later we were still waiting for our food, so we rang again and was told it would be five minutes until our order arrived (we live in a village just outside of Gainsborough), but twenty minutes later and our order eventually showed up. I reasonably asked if I could not pay the £4 delivery as we had waited almost an hour and a half for a simple order, the man refused and was rude, saying "Well you're not getting your food then." I complied and simply shut the door, not having my food as waiting so long and being treated so rudely made me not want to give these people money... As I said before, I had never previously had a problem and thoroughly enjoyed their food and service, but their takeaway services are truly terrible and need to be improved.

Visited July 2014
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Takeaway”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a takeaway on the 13/07/2014
I have to say this is the worst indian takeaway I have ever had.
There were no flavours and the sauces all looked watered down and were very pale in colour it all tasted blanned.
The chicken did not taste very nice it was just chewy.
Very disappointed this was the first time we had been here and sorry to say it will be the last.

4 Thank Tim M
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“First & last time visitors to takeaway”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Having spent time looking for a decent curry house in Gainsborough I can safely say my search isn't over.
Found the Sufian as a takeaway on an internet search and thought our family would give it a try.
The staff were attentive on placing our order & suggested a "Bollywood Special" for me as they don't list anything hotter in spice than a Vindaloo on their menu. This was supposed to be made to the strength of a Phal for me but when I got it home (even though it was full of taste) the heat level was extremely disappointing to the point of almost non-existant.
My wife and son's curries weren't much better in truth.
My wife had a Chicken Tikka starter which she found extremely spicy and her main curry (which should have been medium strength) she found to be almost tasteless.
My son's Prawn Cocktail he thought was watery, and his Vindaloo he actually enjoyed and said that the heat level sneaked up on his tastebuds as a true Vindaloo should.

That said, the portion sizes are generous and the prices are in truth reasonable but the food itself leaves a lot to be desired (especially considering the waiter who served us said he was originally from Bradford and as such should be able to ensure true hot curries are requested to the chef when ordered for a fellow Bradfordian).

Sadly, the Sufian will not be used again by us considering the menu offers so much potential for good Indian food but fails to deliver by a very long way.