“BEST NIGHT EVER”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“BEST NIGHT EVER”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just had to write how great this place, staff and food is. We attended a small gathering, which was planned at last minute. Food was outstanding, staff were so accommodating and best of all I GOT TO MEET JAMES MARTIN who was dining. Cant wait to get back, already know what im ordering. Well done Barnabys. Oh and the creme brulee to die for.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Started going on a Friday on the way home from work about 6 weeks ago - have been every Friday since and will continue to go... What can I say - just try it! Excellent food and service from staff who treat us great each time we visit.

Belfast
“Extremely disappointing”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I had not been to Barnaby's for a couple of years but decided to go to celebrate our sons 23rd birthday (along with my other son, his wife and our 1 year grandson). I had booked a table for 5 adults and a high chair for our grandson.

When we arrived we were told that there was only one high chair and it was in use. Eventually, after 10-15 minutes another high chair was found.

We ordered our main course. My daughter in law ordered the lamb (many of the other main courses had mushroom content and she is alergic to mushroom). The desription of the lamb on the menu did not mention mushroom, however when the lamb arrived there was mushroom. We asked if we could have the lamb without mushroom and eventually it came.

My wife and I had turkey and ham. The mashed potatoes were luke warm and the turkey and ham was adequate.

My 1 year old granson had the childrens menu spaghetti bolognese. The dish was maily pasta with very little mince and my grandson left most of it.

We had dessets which were fine. My wife asked for a cup of tea. We would have expected a small teapot for one anda cup, but no, just a small cup of tea. My wife then asked for some hot water thinking that they would bring this in a small tea pot, but no, they brought another small cup of hot water.

The waitress told us that the childrens meal came with a free icecream. We said that he doesn't usually eat icecream but if it comes free, one of the adults would eat it anyway. So a small dish of icecream was brought to that table.

When we had finished our meal we asked for the bill and there were a number of inaccuracies in it. They made the changes but then added the childs icecream to the bill. When we explained that the waitress had told us the icecream came free with the kids meal we were told that the waitress had made a mistake. The lady behind the desk was quite rude with us. Eventually the icecream was removed from the bill.

It will be many years before I frequent Barnaby's again.

4 Thank scairnsy
“Excellent service, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I decided to have our 1st wedding anniversary dinner at the Barnabys. We had been previously to celebrate a family members wedding anniversary and decided it would be just the place for us. The Restaurant is beautiful, the staff very polite and attentive and the food absolutely delicious. We would definitely recommend the Barnabys and we will definitely be returning sooner rather than later.Thank you for a wonderful evening

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank lynsey159
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We visited Barnabys last night and it was the first time I'd been. I wasn't disappointed!! There was a great selection on the menu and it was extremely reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and attentive. The food arrived quickly and tasted delicious.
Would definitely return - the house red was amazing!!