Servigroup La Zenia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Diamant Blue(Playa Flamenca)
US$60
Priceline
  • Beachfront
US$91
Aparthotel Atlas(Torrevieja)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hotel Montepiedra(Dehesa de Campoamor)
US$70
  • Breakfast included
US$82
Orbitz.com
1,201 results
All reviewssea viewla zeniahalf boardexcellent hotelplenty of choiceevening entertainmentshort breakbreakfast and dinnerbuffet styleline dancingindoor poolenglish channelshigh seasonplenty of sunbedsroom was largerestaurant staffreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Found this hotel had gone down hill since my last visit 5 years ago when it was run by a Spanish family, now it's been bought out by a chain the staff are not very helpful. We booked 4 nights half board and was leaving just before dinner so I asked if my husband and I could have lunch instead but I was told NO without any explanation! I was quite upset and the member of staff made me feel intimidated. The food was average but quite a lot of it was covered in oil olive and the eggs at breakfast were very rubbery because they had been left so long. The rooms were ok beds comfortable. I would not return to this hotel I don't feel like they go the extra mile to make there guess feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susee10
Hoteles_Servigroup, Customer Service at Servigroup La Zenia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your comments as knowing your opinion is the best tool to improve our service.

We would like to inform you that the hotel Servigroup La Zenia has belonged to the Servigroup Hotel chain for more than ten years.

With reference to the board basis, we have to say that unless you didn´t enjoy dinner/lunch on your arrival date, the last service offered on departure date is always breakfast. We apologize if the staff made you feel intimidated, but in some occasions the language barriers can sometimes result in misinterpretations.

Regarding the food; we do offer an international buffet which is carefully chosen by our catering department, where a wide choice of food is available However, If you had informed the show cooking staff, they would have prepared something else for you as the staff is always available for our guests´ needs.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again with any suggestions you may have, we do value our guests opinions and customer satisfaction is our main goal.

Kind regards,
Customer Service.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a nice hotel, in a fabulous position above the beach. The staff are all excellent. The meals are buffet style and there is a good choice at all meals. The one downside is the restaurant which is extremely noisy and resembles a fast food cafe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roseana19
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was my favourite hotel, and I still love the location but standards have slipped! The first day we were there, we had to ask at reception for a cloth as the previous occupants of the room had spilt a drink that had gone sticky and hadn't been cleaned. This was dealt with very quickly and reception were very apologetic. My partners towel was fine, mine was threadbare (so thin I could see through it in parts) and had brown stains on it. This wouldn't have created a very good first impression had we not have stayed in this hotel before. I used to love meal times at this hotel. This has been completely ruined. The restaurant was once an experience to look forward to. No more! The table cloths and proper furniture have been replaced by plastic chairs and fast food style tables. There are no soft furnishings to muffle noise, it was a horrible place to eat a cross between eating in a swimming pool and a school canteen, so loud we couldn't talk to each other as I couldn't hear what was being said from the other side of the table. Rather than it being a relaxed meal, we ate and left as quickly as possible. I also think that children are not behaving so well in the restaurant as it no longer looks like an adult space. One child was scooting around on a scooter, another group playing catch and many running around. I also saw another sticking his finger in all the desserts to have a taste test before selecting the one he wanted. The food was actually very good, better the second half of the week when the hotel had more guests, but the unpleasant atmosphere in the restaurant detracted from this.
Our room was on the 6th floor, the views from here were fantastic. I loved watching the sun come up from the balcony in the morning, well worth setting the alarm for at least once during a stay here. Our room was comfortable enough, but the double bed was 2 singles pushed together and the air con was turned off & heating still on so we had to open the balcony door to not over heat at night. The room had a large flat screen TV in it, probably the largest I have seen in a standard hotel room. The room was also very large and had plenty of storage space. We also had a safe, that needed to be paid for as an extra.
The pool area was very pleasant, plenty of sun loungers and staff brought out more if guests hadn’t got one. The pool was very cold, so I didn’t go in, although some brave souls appeared to be enjoying it. The indoor pool was part of the spa/gym and had to be paid extra for. We were given 2 complimentary vouchers to use it though. I thought the snack prices in the bar were reasonable and the drinks about standard for anywhere we have been in Europe. The service in the bar wasn’t the quickest, but the staff weren’t slacking, there just didn’t appear to be enough staff on duty. Again, this got better as the hotel filled up for the Easter Holiday. The entertainment was a bit repetitive and not really to my taste, but I enjoyed watching the other guests ballroom style dancing. Reception staff were all good accept for one that really stood out, I think her name is Noella, she is fantastic!!! Really friendly and helpful and genuinely appeared to be pleased to see us as returning customers.
I have seen that some customers thought there was nothing to do in the local area. There is plenty to do, but you do have to know where to find it! We were lucky that my partners parents used to live in the area, they have friends that still live near and could give us tips as to where to go. Recommendations: turning right out of the hotel, follow the cliff path to Playa Flamenca Beach , tucked just around the corner is a small cafe that sells Tapas and snack meals, Ice Cream & Drinks, the owner is really friendly and the prices reasonable. If you carry on following the dried up river bed & keeping it on the right, just before it joins up with the main road, there is a little shop on the left tucked under an apartment block. The shop owner is called Thomas, you can get most basic food, drink, newspapers and beach items that you need here, again the staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. If you follow the path around Playa Flamenca Beach into the next bay, there are a few shops and bars there too. It is also possible to walk along the top of the cliffs to Punta Prima, here there is another restaurant that is very reasonably priced and overlooks the beach. It looks very modern and expensive, but we had 2 drinks and an ice cream for under 7 Euros.
Leaving the hotel and turning left, there is a Restaurant on the beach called La Mirada right next to the hotel, turn off right just after the Mirada down a side street and there is a street with plenty of bars & restaurants on it, the next street down has a fantastic restaurant called Minola’s. I had the best Pizza I have ever had here (couldn’t find him on trip adviser though), the Paella is also very good, as are their Ice Creams. It is also possible to walk along the beach & cliff paths to Cabo Roig, it’s harbour is well worth a look. On a cloudy day we headed inland, there is a large shopping centre in walking distance of the hotel, although it is a bit of a trek. There are 4 beaches within 15mins walk of the hotel. There are also plenty of Golf courses, but not in walking distance. If you ask at reception they will advise you as to the best things to do to meet your interests and fitness level, book taxis etc. I would go back to this hotel again because of it’s location and my partners friends living near. I just hope that the powers that be in Servigroup decide to do something about the restaurant – please put it back to how it was!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible and overlooking the pool to get a good view of the sunrise.
2  Thank hayleywincott
Reviewed 4 May 2014

So in my opinion. The hotel is in a super location. The staff are very friendly and the views from the hotel are to die for. It’s also spotless. We have a property in the area we visit regularly for a change of scenery.
The first point is it’s not expensive when you consider what you are getting. At between 80 to 90 euros per night full board per couple.
I will return to this hotel as it has many good points including direct access to the beach via a small gate. The indoor heated swimming pool/spa area is a nice space to spend some time in and is staffed all day.
The food is average, maybe that’s a little unfair as to be quite honest I never seen or got anything I didn’t like. A strange point about the restaurant is tea and coffees are only available at breakfast. Also there is no room service for hot breakfasts or lunch or dinner. They do however offer a Continental style breakfast room service according to a sign I noticed.
The bar service is ok. But I have often brought drinks to the pool area and these bottles, Glasses and mini ice buckets for mini cava’s would not be cleared away until the evening time.
On the entertainment side, well I’m afraid it’s geared to the (elderly) than my 40ish age group. Never seen anything quite like it before. Line dancing to almost everything. In one sense it should be seen to believe but in another it should be given a wide birth unless you are into ballroom or line dancing (old style). In the local area there is a huge variety of extremely talented entertainers that preform in local bars, some of the best that spring to mind are Dougie Munroe, Greg Lomas and the wicked band Kolted.
Another point is the hotel does not provide towels for the poolside. You either bring your own or use the guest towels in your room and have them replaced in the evening time as required.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room. Avoid end of building rooms as the views are restricted.
1  Thank Mark O
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Hotel was in a superior condtion, the Rooms are a very good size, the overall cleanliness is second to none, location is ideal we had a room aon the 6th floor with a sea view which had amazing views and exceptional view of the sun rise and sun set
The only downside to our stay was the Restaurant, when we were there two years ago it was a very nice Restaurant, but now it is more like a Cafeteria, food still very good but general ambience is one of chaos, with one child scooting round on a scooter. They need to address this as it used to be a 4.8 star, but now is nearer to a 3.5. Still a lovely Hotel but needs the Dining arrangements to back up the standard of Clients it attracts.

Room Tip: Hotel was fantastic, only thing to let it down was the Restaurant atmosphere food was superb. rooms super Pool was lovely a little cold but relaxing. Able to sleep very well as was quiet at night, views fantastic, staff very good also, you would want to hire a car to go off exploring further afield but walking was amazing.
1  Thank Adam D
Hoteles_Servigroup, Customer Service at Servigroup La Zenia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for writing your comments on the TripAdvisor website.

With reference to your comments regarding the changes made in our restaurant, we would like to inform you that Servigroup Hotels has made a decision to incorporate a more hygienic and eco-friendly practice in its hotels by incorporating individual place mats which can be cleaned by using non-toxic cleaning products, whilst offering at the same time a more practical and modern feel to the restaurant but most importantly saving on the usage of water.

We do apologise if your stay with us did not meet with your expectations on this occasion, none the less we do value your opinions, and hope you will continue to use Servigroup hotels in the future.

Kind regards,