“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

What a GREAT PLACE to spend vacation. I WAS THINKING TO MENTION FEW NAMES OF HARD WORKING STAFF AT THIS HOTEL BUT I’VE REALIZED THAT THERE WILL BE TOO MANY NAMES. BESIDE AMBIENT & ARCHITECTURE HOTEL STAFF IS DEFINETLY THE BEST ASSET OF THIS PLACE. NO MATTER WHAT IS AT STAKE THEY WILL ALWAYS MAKE IT HAPPEN. SERVICE THEY ARE PROVIDING IS EXCELLENT AND YOU WILL GET SAME SERVICE REGARDLESS OF YOUR TIP. LOOKING FORWARD TO GO BACK AGAIN

Before your trip make prearrangements with hotel concierge to pick you from the airport to avoid taxi crowds. Do the same for your return.
The moment your enter lobby you will realize why this hotel is different from other great hotels. This is an excellent place for romantic vacation, anniversary, destination wedding or family vacation. Hotel is kids friendly with separate land/water playground, healthy bar with lots of pancakes to choose from. Beach is clean and beautiful with plenty of space and shades, great service and staff that will bring you a drink or pizza at any time you want, help you with towels etc. Management team is visible & around hotel or beach all the time and you can approach them for any issues. You will be surprised with their professionalism and "that extra mile" they will go to make guests happy. Food is great, especially grill. My favorite was flank steak, but T-bone or New York are also worth trying it. Not to mention lots of sea food and Mexican dishes.
Rooms are clean and spacious with Air condition and TV. They will be changing your linen daily and making your room at least 2 times per day. Plenty of towels and all bathroom necessities. There is a hot tub in your room overlooking garden & swimming pool with your own patio and access to the pool.
You will also find many restaurant and bars to choose from, during your stay. It is never busy, you always have plenty of space and privacy around yourself. There is always light music for dinner at Isla Grill, or local bands at Big Palapa at the beach during a lunch. After dinner you may want to relax on garden like setting close to lobby and listen more romantic and relaxing music, having cigar and cognac. There is no loud parties at this hotel. SPA services are also great with great discount.
If you still want to work and answer some e-mails there is FREE WIFI on hotel property

Room Tip: beside swimming pool
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,108)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This review is a little late, but.... My husband and I got married at the Beloved Hotel in October 2012. It was beautiful. Alejendro, the wedding planner, was the best! He was so organized and accommodating, very friendly, even with last minute changes! We were pretty relaxed about our wedding, meaning we just wanted to get married without the fluff, and I think that threw him for a loop, but he rolled with it.
We had about 15 people in our wedding party and at times we were a bit much. Half of us had never been to Mexico, much less a luxury resort, so we were just happy and overwhelmed.

The Beloved Hotel is beautiful! The rooms are amazing! The beds are comfortable! I was floored when we walked into our room, the ocean front junior suite. A friend in our party had booked the Oceanfront Penthouse Suite w/ Plunge Pool and was kind enough to trade with us (he felt uncomfortable in that room alone because it was so big). After a lot of back and forth we accepted and moved into the Penthouse. Holy crap! Amazing! Amazing! I was just in awe the whole time.
The staff is so amazing! The spa is beautiful! The beach is great and the pool too. All the restaurants are really good. We frequented the sushi restaurant every night.
This was my husband and I's first experience with an all inclusive resort. Our first time in Mexico we stay in Playa del Carmen a year before, where we got engaged.

We had planned a 10 day stay in Mexico, 4 of which we were at the Beloved. We honeymooned at the El Dorado in Playa del Carmen, a total let down in comparison to The Beloved. We transferred to Zoëtry in Riviera Maya, which was just as amazing, but way more expensive!

I don’t know what it is but I have a little warm place in my heart for The Beloved, maybe because we got married there, or maybe because it was just that amazing and comfortable!

I would go back in a heart beat! And I’m pretty sure my friends and family would as well!

P.S. They say that tips are included, but we tipped on top of that. The staff works hard and they are super friendly. They deserve it!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2013

There is a little more to say to the wonderful reviews that have already been posted about the Beloved - all of it is true! However, I did want to share our experience of the Beloved with our 19 month old son as I noted when we were researching holidays there was not that much information about travelling with young children and the amenities for them.

Firstly, we organized travel pick up from the airport with a car seat as we didn't want to bring ours which was very handy. We arrived late at night and had called ahead to request the crib be already in the room and it was with bedding. We had a junior suite and it was a perfect size. The terrace was particularly good as when our son went to sleep at night we could lounge out there. It was really very large - perhaps 700 square feet - but what was particularly nice was the double chaise lounge so we could laze out there in the evenings. We noted though that the smaller rooms also had the double chaise outside - so dont think you would need to splurge for a suite to enjoy that.

The kids club was small but well stocked and staffed. Our son was too small for this but we went with him a couple of times a day to play with the toys there. There was also a nice play area with a slide gym and another area with a train set. The kids wading pool seemed also enjoyable for the older kids - our son wasn't too interested in that. However, the major problem with the kids swimming area was the lack of shade - I have to say this was our only quibble about the entire resort. The pool with the swim up bar in the afternoon had shade which was great but in the mornings there was no respite from it in any of the pools and particularly in the kids wading pool. I think if there was one improvement that could be made it would be to partially cover the wading pool and maybe one part of one of the other 3 pools.

The staff were fantastic with our son - always high chairs on hand, and super friendly. The beach restaurant in particular was wonderful. The food was very good and we liked the variety.
The lounge area at night was lovely. We also loved the beautiful landscaping throughout the resort. The beach was clear and water lovely also.

My husband played a fantastic round of golf and I enjoyed the spa. There are special offers for the spa left in your room each night with generally hefty discounts to take advantage off. Particularly liked the complimentary hydrotherapy treatment.

We have never felt compelled to return to one particular hotel but we would do so with the Beloved.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SRH270
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I got to Mexico once a year and this place is the best I've stayed at. Don't stay here your first trip to Mexico your fist time since any place you go afterwards will be a let down. Great food,booze, and Excellent staff. I will be there again.

Room Tip: Don't get too nice of room since you will ,miss out by not leaving it.
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Beloved April 19-23, 2013 and we had the best vacation I think we've ever had. It was amazing from the awesome suite, beautiful grounds, Yummy food and BEST STAFF EVER. We were able to reach a state of relaxation that we have not had for some time with our busy lives. We can't wait to come back. We did a lot of research before booking, read a lot of reviews like the one I'm writing. They are all true!!! Not sure about the people who have negative reviews; they were not at the same place I was. :-) I want to mention a few names of staff that made our stay extra special!!! Noe at the Isla Grill is wonderful! Made us feel special at every meal and went out off his way to get us a table facing the water on our last evening there. Eduardo on the beach always brought our drinks with a smile and was fun to talk to! He knew what we wanted before we did half the time :-) and David the paramedic was awesome and friendly, and cleaned up and bandaged my husbands toe when he cut it on a rock. And can't forget Patricio who was attentive to the whole hotel! Thank you from Mr. and Mrs. Davis :-) We are telling everyone we know about our awesome vacation and encouraging them to go. We will be back next Spring. We CAN"T wait. What a special place The Beloved is. Thank you, Thank you!!

Columbus
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I recently spent 5 days at The Beloved...and can not say enough positive things about our stay!
We had done a ton of research & reading reviews before we picked The Beloved...and can say the positive reviews represent the hotel perfectly. We are a bit confused by some of the negative reviews, as we experienced nothing like what has shared in those reviews.
Staff: The staff is absolutely amazing! From the moment we got there, until we departed, the service was impeccable. Christian (who checked us in) gave us a tour of the resport and walked us to the Isla Grill to get set-up for lunch while we waited for room (as we arrived a bit early). Freddy was a server we had through-out our stay...and was a pleasure. Luis (who serves beach service) was fantastic. So professional and attentive...he rocked!
Accomodations: We booked a Casita room with a plunge pool (highly recommend it)...great room. The grounds were well kept...and you could see the pride and focus the staff put into ensuring the resort is polished & clean. Some reviews had stated that they did not care for the resort style...we thought it was beautiful. Very crisp/clean feeling...spa like. Only construct feedback for the resort is the bed...was a little hard for my liking.
Beach/Pool: we spent almost all of our time at the beach & pool. Never over crowed...always relaxing (unlike the resort next door...which seemed more like Spring Break for adults...I little too crowed and busy). There were couples and families there...but never an issue of noise.
We will be going back...soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I got married at the Beloved about 3 weeks ago, and I couldn't have been happier. Alejandro, the wedding coordinator, made sure every detail of the wedding was perfect!!!! He is very patient and really listens to what you want. He made the wedding amazing!!! There was a wedding just about every day and each looked so romantic and special!! The in-house photographer took amazing pictures. I also got my hair and make-up done at the spa by Veronica- who is the best!!! Everything turned out so well!!! Don't look any further, the Beloved is the place to get married or stay for a relaxing vacation. EVERYONE was super friendly. Special shout out to: Patricio, Eduardo, Daniel and Pablo!!! It was fully booked but never seemed crowded. Never had to fight for a beach chair. The food was incredible as well as the drinks!:) the spa was also top notch and something I recommend everyone experiences!!! I will be booking a trip next year for our anniversary soon!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#5 of 181 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,399 reviews
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!