“Pure luxury”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

First of all, anyone who rates this place as average or lower has ridiculously high expectations and will never be happy in their life. There I said it.
Beloved is pure luxury. From the moment I arrived I felt like royalty. The service is above and beyond anything I've ever experienced. Everything was perfect. It took me a while to stop being surprised by this and just accept that perfection is the standard. The food, the staff, my room etc etc.
my only regret is that I went alone. But there's always next time!

• Stayed: November 2013
8  Thank Ozitravlr84
There are newer reviews for Beloved Playa Mujeres

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have been going to the Beloved for the last few years. The beach, hotel facilities and the staff have been amazing. My mother has special dietary restrictions and the Beloved went above and beyond to accomodate her needs and make our stay more pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We are definitely going there again this year!

Room Tip: The beachfront casitas are great for families with kids. The suites are also pretty spacious and the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Burcu S
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We came down for a beach wedding last week. The food, rooms, and amenities were great.The extra care with the wedding was outstanding. What stands out is the service we received - all the staff always had a smile and were eager to please. A special thanks to Hayden, the bartender in the lobby bar. Not only was he a master at mixing drinks, his attitude and constant smile was above and beyond great service. He is a great asset to the Beloved Hotel. We would highly recommend anyone to come and enjoy. We do plan to return in the next 1 - 2 years.

Room Tip: Pool swim up rooms were great and centrally located on the property.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Craig C
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was rated top on trip-advisor, so we took the chance even though it was located outside of Cancun Hotel zone. Keeping this short- food was average to above average. Service in the main part of the hotel was above average to very good. The main entrance lobby is a bit odd in its design with nothing being a focal point. The main outside sushi bar and night music area was great. The beach pool service and beach restaurant service was below average to quite poor (sat at a table for more than 10 min. before we just left no one served us). On the other hand the beach service was great! thx Alex.
The rooms are very nice. the pools are way too cold, the beach location is not ideal with the marina. This is an above average all inclusive, but is far from wowing anyone. Depends on your expectations.
PS there really isn't an ocean view unless you get the more private condo rooms closer to the beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Martin S
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Allow us to thank you for taking the time to write this review in which you share your experience at The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres with all Trip Advisor Readers.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. We also appreciate your detailed feedback, which helped us identify specifically the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our actual stay was in April 2012. We went for our 1st vacation. The Beloved Hotel is simply amazing. For us, this is a 5 star hotel. The service is awesome and the food is great. The hotel grounds are kept immaculate. We really enjoyed our stay. It was relaxing and that was what we were looking for. With so many pools to choose from, as well as our own pool, we had difficult time choosing which one to lay out at. I totally recommend this hotel resort for everyone.

Room Tip: Get the "Two-Story Beach Front Casita Suite with Plunge Pool 1,206 sq. feet." We stayed...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 19Rene58
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I went to The Beloved on our honeymoon and we couldn't of been more happy. We were a little nervous about whether or not the reviews would live up to the hype, anand we were relieved that it did. The grounds look like something you would see on a postcard, and the food was fresh and delicious. I would recommend to anyone who is going on a vacation or a honeymoon to go to The Beloved. We are planning on coming back every year. We love it!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William F
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Beloved Hotel has set the bar so incredibly high; I truly do not think we could get this amazing of an experience anywhere else. We went to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon, and my husband was not impressed. For our one year anniversary, I read countless reviews and did a ton of research to find the perfect spot - the Beloved had an overwhelming amount of positive reviews so I booked our trip and kept my fingers crossed that I could impress my husband with this place. Let's just say that in the DR, he couldn't wait to get home. At the Beloved, he didn't want to leave! He's already trying to plan when we can go back!!

After booking the trip, I found their Facebook and Instagram pages. I love that they are active on social media! It kept me looking forward to our trip and also abreast of the various offerings and activities we could participate in. I mentioned on their FB page how excited we were to come, and they replied saying that they "hope to exceed our expectations." Well, exceed they did - above and beyond what we could've ever dreamed of or wished for our first anniversary!

Everything was perfect. Everything. The hotel really could not have done one thing better - it was all top notch from our arrival to our departure. When we arrived around 5:30pm, we were greeted with a big smile and welcome champagne by Christian. Once in the lobby, Claudia was so sweet and helpful with our check-in. It was quick and easy, and she informed us that we would be upgraded to a casita as a special treat for our anniversary. Wow! We were already blown away! We stayed in Tierna, and it was awesome being right across from the Isla Grill - close to the pool and beach!

We ate at Lupita for dinner our first night and had Freddy and Hernan serving us. Audrey, the restaurant supervisor, came to ask our table if everything was going ok. My husband asked if they had any Coor's Light (which I knew they didn't, but he still asked anyway). Audrey said she didn't think so. Then, a few minutes later, she comes to our table with a super cold bottle of Coor's Light. My husband's face was priceless with delight at the surprise. It was then that I knew all the other reviews were true - the staff here will make every effort to please you. They truly care about delighting their guests! Thank you to Freddy, Hernan, and Audrey for a wonderful first impression of Lupita! Speaking of dinner, the food was EXCELLENT. It was prepared well, presented well, and tasted fantastic! We didn't have one dish at this hotel that we didn't love. We felt there was plenty of variety for a 5 day stay.

The grounds of the hotel are kept pristine and the rooms are immaculate. We had a mattress softener put on our bed and slept like babies. The pools were a comfortable temperature and the staff worked so hard to ensure you were taken care of. Christian ("Cat") at the swim-up pool bar was so much fun to joke with and he made us some awesome drinks! Manolo and Eduardo served us at the beach and by the pool as well. Both were incredibly friendly and we enjoyed talking with them and getting to know more about them personally. We truly felt like all of the staff made us feel like family!

We really enjoyed eating lunch at El Mar each day. It is right on the beach and the breeze and atmosphere is so relaxing and perfect. We were greeted by Yamily's sweet smiling face and served by Alberto and Alfonso. They were always attentive and my husband loved that they called him "amigo" all the time. Like I already said, they really make you feel like you're good friends!

We ordered room service for breakfast and also ate at Aroma. Room service was fantastic! The dishes were hot and made to order. We loved having breakfast on our patio! Aroma was also a treat for breakfast. You could order from a menu and/or eat from a buffet. The buffet setup was very well planned and thought-out. I happened to meet Pablo, the kitchen manager at breakfast one morning and he gave me a quick tour of the buffet. He informed me that everything that comes from their kitchen is fresh and made from scratch - nothing is packaged. WOW! Even the breads, jams, compote, etc… are made by hand. They even had a live honeycomb dripping fresh honey… that blew me away! (We are really into eating clean, healthy meals, so we were extra appreciative of the fact that we could eat very healthy on our vacation. Even better, the food tasted spectacular! Natura Bar had AWESOME fresh fruit smoothies!)

Pablo then asked if he could make us a special dinner for our anniversary that night. When we arrived at Lupita, we were presented with a specially printed menu that was just for us with our names and all the courses. WOW! We were in heaven! We had Hernan serve us again and he was such a fun waiter. He spoke perfect English (and as a side note - pretty much EVERYone at this hotel speaks very good English) and we learned that he lived in the US for quite a while. Very cool! He brought out some chocolate covered strawberries on a plate that said "Happy Anniversary!" for dessert. Such a sweet surprise!

We get back to our room that night and we had a sign on our door, turndown service, flowers and rose petals in a heart shape on our bed, and champagne/fruit/nice card left congratulating us. Seriously, we were so humbled by their efforts to make us feel special on our anniversary.

We had the pleasure of meeting Heriberto, the sommelier. He did an OUTSTANDING job making us feel welcome and speaking with us about his passion of food and drinks - we could tell he loved his profession and he was very good at it! We decided to book a private cigar/scotch tasting with him, and we loved it! Highly recommended! We got to each try two nice cigars and 3 different scotches. Thank you to Heriberto for that wonderful experience!

On our last night, we ate at Aroma for dinner and were greeted by Sarai with a big smile! She knew it was our last night and said how sad it was that we had to leave. It was amazing how all the staff knew who we were and that we were there celebrating our anniversary. They really keep great tabs on their guests! We had Emiliano as our server and he really stood out to us. He had a lot of heart and you could tell he was really aiming to please. We very much appreciated his efforts to make our last dinner special. Please give him our regards and appreciation! He brought by a cheese cart to our table and allowed us to sample some cheeses - very neat touch. At the end of our meal, he brought a special dessert with "Have a nice trip" on the plate and performed a little show with some fire and brandy. We just loved it!

One thing we both really appreciated besides the healthy food was the fitness center. There was a gym with nice, new equipment and a studio room for group classes. I loved being able to workout every morning! Jorge, the gym manager was so nice, greeting me in the mornings. One day I had left and was walking when I felt a tap on my shoulder. He had brought my sunglasses that I had forgotten in the gym. Thank you, Jorge!

Finally, we checked out at noon, but our airport transfer wasn't arriving until 3:30. They were still so kind to let us go enjoy lunch and then… a real treat… We spent our final two hours with William in the lobby bar. It was just us and he mixed up some of the most amazing cocktails I've ever had. This guy is a truly talented bartender! He also entertained us by showing us a part of the mixology process… So very cool! Before we knew it, our driver had arrived and we were NOT ready to go home. :(

Unfortunately, with only a 5-day stay, we didn't get to experience everything. On our to-do list for next trip is: a bike ride/tour in the morning, a spa treatment, non-motorized water sports, mixology class, and tequila tasting. This place is PERFECT if you want a relaxing vacation. There are activities if you wish to participate, but you can also just lay at the beach or pool all day and be perfectly content. As others have mentioned, you don't really notice the babies. The ones that were here were pretty cute and well behaved.

The Beloved Hotel stopped short of nothing to ensure we had the most amazing, memorable first year anniversary trip. We cannot go anywhere else for fear that it just won't measure up to the Beloved. The people are true gems and we can't wait to go back to see all of our amigos again soon! Much love to you all!

**Final note on things not having to do with the hotel: Early-mid November is the end of hurricane season, so the weather was patchy with bits of rain and clouds followed by sun each day. The temperature was very pleasant. There is also quite a bit of sea grass on the beach due to the tide. There was a guy out there bulldozing, but there wasn't much that could be done about it. Didn't bother us. The amount of seaweed does create a sewage like smell that was pretty strong at certain points in the day. Curious to visit in late spring/early summer to see if there is a difference.

Room Tip: Tierna casita is super close to Isla Grill and the pool - great location
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
19  Thank Erin C

Thank you for choosing The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres to celebrate such special occasion as your 1st wedding anniversary.

It is a pleasure to know that we had the opportunity to host such memorable experience. It is truly rewarding that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our food quality and the excellent service provided by our staff. We recognize that our staff plays a valuable role in the vacation experience of our guests but reviews like yours serve us to motivate us even more; we have forwarded your message to all our Department Managers.

We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Mujeres
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#7 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!