Beloved Playa Mujeres
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
  • Room Service
Playa Arena(Isla Mujeres)
4,080 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushiboutique resortbeach conciergeswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at The Beloved as a treat for my partner's birthday and it exceeded our expectations. Everything was fantastic - the service, our room, the food, the beach, the bars... Of course it's not the cheapest hotel, but I thought that it was exceptionally good value for an all inclusive resort.

1  Thank OzLisi
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at The Beloved and cannot wait to go back! The resort itself is incredibly beautiful and not tacky or gaudy like some of the other resorts we passed on our way in. The staff is incredibly pleasant, attentive and always happy to help. I say attentive bc the room was under my name but they changed the name to his halfway through to avoid calling us by my last name since we are not married. We got a good laugh out of it especially since we weren't offended in the first place- we thought it was very attentive of them!

The food: anyone that complains about the food here must live the high life. Not sure about them but my duck, lobster, three meals of steak, lamb, veal and grouper were all cooked perfectly. The portions are a bit smaller for appetizers and such but we really enjoyed it bc we could sample much more. All of the restaurants had incredible menus and the all you can eat aspect certainly makes these delicious meals stress free. Breakfast has an extensive selection of pretty much anything you could think of including traditional Mexican dishes. Fresh squeezed juices, homemade smoothies, etc.

The drinks are also worthy of a mention since there is such a range of incredible drinks- including a full bar in your room that's restocked daily.

Can't forget the wait staff! Whether it's at the pool bar or the romantic restaurant, the wait staff is so friendly, willing to offer suggestions and just plain nice!

The rooms are also incredible! The modern decor, beautiful balcony with a jacuzzi and porch bed (in the junior suite) were just beautiful and fit for a relaxing getaway. The shower was the size of my small NYC apartment and had a different type of shower head for whatever you might need. Room service is available at any time which is nice if you're to busy relaxing to go downstairs. Again, beautiful and amazing- we would certainly recommend the junior suite- it was so spacious and perfect!

Now, the BEACH! The lounge chairs and day beds in the pool area and beach area are first come first serve, it has waiters that bring you whatever you might need and an incredible view of the water. There are also water activities that you can participate in, fun poolside activities, etc. Yes there is seaweed in like the first foot of water but once you are past it it's no big deal. And they even rake the beach to help pick it up.

Last few notes: it's not a party resort and is family friendly but there are kid sections and it
really wasn't a bother. We booked online through their site and it worked out really well since it included airfare, hotel and all meals/alcohol. It was worth every penny for us and we'd of course recommend it to others.

Clearly we could rave about our trip for pages and pages but hopefully this will help someone else choose the Beloved for an amazing getaway!

• Stayed: February 2014
7  Thank Sroach18
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from getting married at The Beloved. We had 21 guests stay at The Beloved and attend our beach wedding. Everything was excellent at this resort; elegant ambiance throughout the resort and guest rooms, wonderful food (and we are quite picky), very gracious staff and around the clock service! All of the staff were genuinely friendly and very attentive to our needs; our first day on the beach Patricio, the general manager, came and found us and asked if he could make any dinner reservations for us (this was something that was on my list to go inquire about later and it was taken care of without any effort on my part, and I didn't even have to leave the beach). He organized reservations for several nights for us at the restaurants of our choosing for our group of over 20, and even pre-ordered a great selection of appetizers to be brought right out for our guests to share! All of our dining experiences were wonderful: great food, excellent service and modern, elegant ambiance. Eduardo and Alex took great care of us on the beach, bringing round after round of great food and drinks for us and our many guests! One night at Lupita our server brought out a special fish entree that wasn't even on the menu for us to try (he could tell we really liked the seafood from what we were ordering) and it was one of the best things we ate all week! Even though gratuities were included in the all-inclusive price, we found the service to warrant extra tipping, and each time we did the staff were genuinely appreciative.
We also were very impressed with the staff on our wedding day. The wedding planner Llenny did an amazing job both leading up to and on the day of our wedding. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on the beach and the whole thing went very smoothly (except for the wind) and I was very surprised to notice that we even had the beach all to ourselves, with the restaurant adjacent to the beach even closed down for the night. It was very private and we had an amazing time! Also note worthy, was Oscar the resorts wedding photographer; he and his team were very experienced, efficient, and the photos and slideshow he put together exceeded my expectations! The DJ and serving staff also did a great job during the reception.
All of our family and friends had a wonderful experience at the resort, and it was the friendly staff and attention to detail and commitment to excellent service that made this the perfect choice to bring our family and friends to relax, have fun, and celebrate our marriage! We will definitely be coming back to celebrate several of our anniversaries in the future! We wish we never had to leave. Thank you again Patricio, and all of your staff, for making our wedding week simply perfect!
- Amara and Karl

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms only have a small view of the ocean; the swim-out suits on the lower level seemed nice. All rooms have a great outdoor round bed and table and chairs for eating at.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have had the good fortune of a repeat visit a few days ago. The service, ambiance, setting personal service provided by an exceptional staff, way surpased my previous experience.

The staff is really what made my stay once again, so outstanding. Most of the staff has been working at the Beloved since it opened five years ago, which speaks for itself.Patrizio, Carina, Marcela, Edgar, Pablo, David, Concepcion, made me feel so very much at home.
The chef, Juan Garcia, ever creative with the fabulous food being served at various venues, makes everyone's stay so very special.
The chef has implemented a very new concept for a unbelievable eating venue. For about a couple of weeks now, one can have breakfast at the "El Mar" restaurant with the most perfect setting, direct at the water's edge. The breakfast is a "set" menu, which is changed daily, consisting of 9 courses. The food, presentation, setting, lulling music, is so very romantic for primarely, couples, either on a honeymoon or just enjoying each others company.
I highly recommend for anyone, to try this "gem"

Room Tip: The property is away from the hotel zone and truly lends itself to absolute peace and tranquility. All rooms are superb with " Ocean Views" not Ocean front as the buildings are build a bit away from the beach.I am sure in case of the ever present threat of a Hurricane
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank 1716joschi

Best: Service, waitstaff, El Mar Breakfast
Worst: I got fatter, and they'll charge you $38 for sunscreen spray if you don't bring enough.

Our yearly trek to the playa has seen us do back-to-back trips to Excellence Playa Mujeres and its co-owned next door neighbor, the Beloved Hotel. For reference, we have stayed in the best rooms available both times (plunge pool, massive patio, top floors.

We went to the Beloved this year because Excellence was booked solid. We felt bad about not being able to go to Excellence and decided to settle for the Beloved Hotel in the hopes it could be a reasonable facsimile to Excellence. Boy were we wrong, in a good way.

Excellence is great in that it's adults-only. It's also bad that it's adults only. The pool is always very crowded with 20-somethings trying to drink their thou$ands worth of booze, and the DJing of the latest songs at high volume can wear thin. To have a truly relaxing and attentive experience at the Excellence, you MUST do the Excellence Club to get a nice pool and dedicated waitstaff. That is not the case at the Beloved.

The Beloved's main pool is not nearly as big as the Excellence. That's because the Beloved is about 1/2 the size of Excellence. The difference in scale equates to an experience that is skewed much more toward refreshing relaxation than toward a poolside party atmosphere. The main pool at the Beloved is located beachside and is filled with giggling kids, happy parents, and an air of calm and fun that's more in tune with what we were seeking (we do NOT have kids, by the way). That's the best spot in the place for seeing people, meeting friends, and enjoying the great weather. It's the same experience you have to pay EXTRA for at Excellence by joining the Excellence Club. We did love the Excellence Club when we did it, but the Beloved's pool and beach atmosphere made us want for nothing.

The Beloved has four restaurants (five if you count the juice bar/crepe stand). They all have a different style. Aroma is the most popular, serving french-inspired cuisine. For our tastes, the mexican restaurant Lupita was the place to go. Mind you this isn't American Mexican with everything covered in the same red sauce and slopped with rice & beans. This is Mexican cuisine. I tried things I'd never tried and found the food to be exquisite. We went there twice, and had we not been dragged to the Moon Palace Resort for a wedding (god help you and your descendants if you go to Moon Palace EVER) we would've eaten at Lupita for a third night. The Isla Grill serves outstanding tacos and guacamole for lunch, and you can eat overlooking the pool. Don't think I'm some Mexican maniac. A team of horses can't drag me to Mexican places more than once a year in the states. The food here was just that good.

The highlight of the food was the El Mar breakfast. It's a new feature, wherein the menu consists of 7-course tasting that changes daily. We ate this breakfast three times. It's handy in that while everything is small, it's all excellent and by the time you're done you won't want to eat until dinner. The timing and portions mean that you'll feel more than satisfied. You're free to tap out at any time during the presentation, but mama didn't raise no quitter and thus my pants are tighter now. Seriously, though, the combination of the friendly and helpful waitstaff and the delicious tapas-style breakfast by the sea is unbeatable. This is a top-flight feature, and we liked it better than the buffet. That's saying something because the breakfast buffet at Aroma is to die for.

The Beloved started out as our back-up plan to Excellence. As the week wore on, it moved itself to the front of our line with the combination of comfort and quality. The food is better than Excellence. Period. Excellence has more restaurants, but to us the Beloved hits the sweet spot of smaller scale and fewer types of cuisine that really allows them to knock it out of the park on food. The *worst* meal I had at Beloved rated a solid "so-so." Nothing bad. Nothing that disappointed me. More dishes that pleasantly surprised me than I can count. We're a 30ish childless couple so eating out is what we do, and we do it well. Beloved met my expectations and exceeded them on multiple occasions.

Overall, the Beloved is really a hidden gem. I shouldn't tell you all that because now you'll all go there, but it's true. My one worry was the kids, but they really do add to the fun. It wasn't a bunch of rambunctious teenagers or troublemakers. Mostly the infant-to-8 set, having fun in the pool with mom and dad. Lots of beautiful families, and the added bonus is that when it's lunch/nap time, the pool becomes a de facto adult swim for about 2 hours from 12:30 to 2:30.

Go to the Beloved. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: If you have kids, get the villa rooms with the small pools attached.
7  Thank Thomas R