“Best Cancun Trip Ever!!!”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My girlfriend and I loved this place....I don't know what else to say...

We are in our 30's / enjoy time together and quite nights. This is exactly what the beloved had to offer!!! I could go on and on about the place but I will keep it simple and say it is all amazing. Other people have said things about the food - it was great! Being all inclusive, we did get one dish we did not care for and sent it back for something else - it was no big deal!!! They were super nice about it....

The three people we wanted to thank the most - I mean everyone deserves thanks- was the short and super sweet woman who checked us in, Patricio and our number one favorite - HEYDEN!!!! He was the greatest guy ever and made the best drinks!!! We told him he must come to California - he would make a killing!

Thank you to everyone at the Beloved for making our Anniversary Amazing! Sean and Jeni

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sean O

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lets start with the positive
1. beautiful resort, huge rooms
2. friendly and helpful workers

Negative
1. food sucks yuk, everything ( example- nachos are dried up cheese and beans, even the french fries are gross and soggy )
2. Family got some kind of sickness vomiting/ diarrhea on this vacation

If I could save you the hassle of going throughout what we went throughout then this is the reason I'm even writing this review.

12  Thank amerika2014
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is our regret that we were not able to meet your expectations since one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the drinks.

On the other hand, we are very much concerned by your review since at The Beloved Hotel we have high hygienic standards, and our staff is well trained on this food & beverages safety practices. The resort undergoes continuous evaluation from external recognized institutions in order to accomplish this goal.

Our corporate customer service department remains at your disposal at customerservice@belovedhotels.com in order to further discuss the matter or in case you require any future assistance.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

PROS:
This was my first visit to the beloved, but definitely not my last. We stayed for 4 nights and I really wish it was longer.
We scheduled their car service to pick us up at the cancun airport and they were there on time and ready for us when we arrived. When we got in the car they gave us a cool towel and water bottles. The great service started immediately when we got in that car. It took about 30 minutes to get from the cancun airport to the beloved and it was a nice smooth ride with pleasant music playing. When we got to the beloved we were treated again with a cool towel and a glass of champagne. The staff immediately took our luggage for us. We had to wait a few minutes to be checked in, but we were able to start getting drinks at the bar while waiting. We arrived to the hotel before 3pm so our room wasn't ready so we got lunch at the Isla Grill. My boyfriend and I ate at the isla grill for the majority of our meals. it has a great view of the pool and ocean and they gave us the best seats in the house. My first meal there was a the Flank steak and my boyfriends first meal was the grilled chicken. Both were fresh and delicious. The guacamole was also very fresh. After lunch we were taken to our room. We were in the Tierna building which is beach front and has a private pool with the room. We loved the location of our room. It was in close proximity to the general pool, beach, and our favorite restaurant on the resort.. the Isla Grill. When you are by your private pool by the room staff will come around to your room and take your order for drinks. The staff was always very friendly..we never had a problem with any of them. Some of our favorites was Alex, the bartender for the swim up bar, Felix at the Isla Grill, Jesus who checked us in and out, and Alex our waiter when we were lounging by the pool. There are more, but these people specifically really went above and beyond to make our trip great.
Whenever we called to have something delivered to the room and to get room service someone would always call after the delivery to make sure we got everything we needed.
The food was always fresh and delicious.

THE CONS:
On sunday our last day there, the service by the pool and at the bar was slow. Every other day that we were there, the service was not a problem but today the swim up bar bartender was a different guy (his name was andres) and it took forever to make the drinks, so we thought we could order with our waiter poolside but he was also no where to be found for a long time. Not sure if they were short on staff or what it was, but it wasn't as fast as the other days.
Also, a few of our friends said they have hookah in the lupita lounge, but when we went there was no hookah..they must have specific nights for it.
We went to dinner at Lupita one night and the service there and the food was terrible. After having dinner here we decided we would only eat at Isla Grill..it had the best food and service.

Room Tip: Rooms that are beach front with the private pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Irene T
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is the perfect location for a relaxing beach vacation. We stayed in a Swim Up Suite. The experience at the hotel was amazing. Starting with the pick up at the airport, the check in process and the moment we entered our room until the very last moment - we were always surrounded by super friendly staff. Location, beach, quality of food, cleanliness - everything was really perfect. All Inclusive really means "all inclusive", even the mini bar in the room. Unless you are looking for nightlife and party, we can recommend this hotel without any reservations.

Room Tip: Swim Up Suite was a great choice and really spacious enough for our family (2 kids aged 10 and 12)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Stefan S
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my third visit to the Beloved (two of which were within 3 months of each other). While this remains my favorite place to visit, I was certainly a little disappointed by how different the experience was when the hotel was full versus when the hotel was pretty empty. As I stated in my previous review about the property, I have never been more relaxed and the staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met. This time I was even upgraded for my last night at the property because it was my birthday.

I do have to say that our holiday had kind of a bumpy start, most likely due to the very high occupancy that week. We arrived early and one of the rooms was ready but the other wasn't which was fine. We went to lunch and when we returned it was still not ready, which would have been fine except they gave us the keys to the room that was not ready yet. I work in the hospitality industry so that was a bit disturbing for me since that is definitely not acceptable at most hotels.

Similarly our lunch at El Mar seemed to be cold every time we ordered something hot for the first few days, regardless of how many times we told them. That was a bit of a bummer but they certainly worked hard to fix the issue of leaving the plates out from under the heat lamps. This happened at dinner sometimes as well and it was quite frustrating that they could not manage to bring the food out hot- it certainly cannot be that difficult. Sometimes it was as if the staff took feedback and comments and tried to fix the problem but somehow forgot or it got lost in the process. This happened a bit with the mini bar- we requested things daily that never quite made it.

Regardless of the few negatives that frustrated our otherwise perfect vacation, the staff absolutely made up for it in every way. The beach is beautiful, the property is stunning and the service is top of the line. Yes, they could definitely replace the furniture (including the hard mattresses that no one likes) but that is something they already know and hopefully will do before the next time I return.

As many people have noted, the hotel attracts a really wonderful group of people. I'm not sure why, but pretty much everyone who goes to the hotel that I interacted with was extremely friendly, respectful and outgoing. It is just such a relaxing and friendly place to be that I couldn't believe I was going back to New York after such a great week.

Tips:
- if you request something, DO NOT just write it in the reservation notes because not a single one of our requests was honored so you have to actually let them know over the phone or when you get to the property
- if you are traveling as a couple, keep in mind that there are an extremely high amount of young kids here for whatever reason which could be quite disturbing if you are not looking to be surrounded all the time, especially when enjoying a drink in the swim up bar
- definitely try the lobby bar- the drinks are fabulous
- don't get up at 5 to reserve beach chairs...there's no need
- go to the spa. it's amazing. just do it.

I love this place and will definitely return soon due to the amazing staff and location of the property. The whole time that you spend at the resort is just amazing as long as you accept that certain things will not be perfect. I hope that the hotel takes some time to upgrade and improve so that it will be as perfect as it wants to be.

Room Tip: The ocean view jr suites are definitely the best value
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MLE91

First of all, allow us to thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you back at The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. We also appreciate your detailed feedback, which helped us identify specifically the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just returned from a five day stay at the Beloved. It was mostly all good, although there were some definite issues. I was travelling with my two young children and extended family, and had three rooms booked for our stay. I purposely picked flights that would have us arriving at the hotel after check-in time because I knew we would all want to go to our rooms to refresh. Unfortunately, even though we got to the hotel right at 3:00 (check-in time), not one of the three rooms were ready! Very frustrating, especially since the front desk couldn't give me an exact time of when the rooms would be ready. After expressing my displeasure, two of the rooms became available within 45 minutes. Not ideal, considering it was well after check-in at that point. There was no offer to use a courtesy room or even a suggestion to go eat/relax at a restaurant. Nope. Just kept asking us to hold on while we all waited in the lobby, while the front desk person repeatedly called housekeeping. Eddy offered us an aqua vida spa session as compensation which was used by 2/5 adults, but honestly, with two young kids, I would have much preferred our rooms just to have been ready.

After taking all of our bags up to one of the rooms that was ready, we waited for a call from Eddy at the front desk to let us know our third room was ready for check-in. The call never came. My husband called down after an hour and was told the room was still not ready with no timeframe given. After another 45 minutes, he went down to the front desk and was told that our room would be ready at 5:30, and came back with the room keys to our still-being-cleaned room. There was no offer to help us move our bags that we brought to my parents room so we could get cleaned up. Also, there was no call or other contact by the front desk or management staff to check on us or to offer us an apology. Our vacation was not off to the best start. I'm a little jealous of the personal attention that other people seemed to get, because we did not receive it. There was no contact from Gabriel the general manager and we didn't meet Patricio until we were checking out.

However, we did enjoy our stay at The Beloved. The rooms were large, with a nice bathroom area. If you get a room with double beds, the shower stall glass is all frosted and opaque, adding a bit more privacy. The rooms are showing some signs of wear though, with rust spots on some of the cream leather furniture and the sofas are definitely saggy. My parents' bathroom floor had a big chunk of the marble missing, leaving rough edges. The AC worked well and the balcony has a nice set up with chairs/table and a lounge bed.

Housekeeping came by twice a day, however, the times were always different. It was very easy to call down to have your room cleaned though. The person who stocks the fridge/bar is different from the housekeeper. It's pretty easy to request the items you want, although I found that I had to specifically ask every day for what I wanted, otherwise random drinks/snacks would be put in.

The pools were lovely and never too crowded, although all the pool beds by the main pool were taken by 9:00. Same thing with prime beach chairs. You could always find pool beds by the other two pools though, and our family generally preferred those in the afternoon anyway. I do wish that the hotel had adjustable umbrellas for at least some of the areas. Neither the lounges (except on the beach) nor the shade palapas could be moved so it sort of stunk that you were stuck with either sun or shade as the sun moved through the day.

Our entire party enjoyed the beach and the water activities offered, including the kayaks, paddleboards, and boogie boards. Clara at the activity station was really sweet and helpful. There definitely was some sea grass at the shoreline, with some days being worse than others. However, about three feet past it, the water was clear so it didn't bother us at all.

Food ranged from okay to pretty good. The one consistent thing was that every meal at a restaurant took a long time, especially dinners. The wait staff were generally very helpful and attentive. Room service was prompt, with food being delivered in around 30 minutes. Another hiccup centered around food allergies. At check-in, we were asked if anyone in our party had any food allergies. We responded that yes, our daughter is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. Despite this, the few times we asked if there were nuts in a specific food, the wait staff could not tell us.

Definitely check out the daily activity sheet given at turndown, otherwise you may miss something fun like a beach bonfire/show that is not advertised anywhere else. Also, the hotel should do a better job mentioning that casual food is available right on the beach every day. It ranged from paella to meat/veggie skewers. It was great to have a quick place to get some food right on the beach (adjacent to the pool) and eat dripping in your bathing suit.

Nightly entertainment was nice, with a DJ in the Lupita lounge most nights until about 8, and then a singer/live entertainment. If you are sensitive to noise, you probably want to stay away from rooms in building 1 where the check-in area is. Lots of noise wafting up to the rooms.

Overall, the property was lovely and clean, the food was enjoyable, and the whole family had a nice time spending quality time together. There were some service missteps but perhaps we wouldn't have minded so much if The Beloved didn't advertise itself as a super-responsive, service-oriented hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 1 can be loud, rooms in building 3 are most central.
2  Thank Leeber01

Please receive our warmest greetings from Cancun.

We really appreciate your detailed feedback, which helped us identify specifically the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay.

We would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for the situations faced during your stay which caused you uncomfortable moments and for the inadequate follow up provided. We totally understand how you felt about having to deal with these situations, instead of spending time enjoying the Hotel facilities and your overall vacation.

Allow us to assure you that immediate measures have been taken with the responsible managers of each area to avoid future discontents on these matters.

Nevertheless we do hope that despite the inconveniences you had through all your stay with us, you can give us the opportunity to welcome you again in order to have the chance to show you the real meaning of service that you expect from us.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our 1st time to Cancun. The hotel lived up to all the great reviews. The staff was absolutely awesome - everyone works so hard and to please the guests. A special thanks to Eduardo & Daniel at the pool, went above & beyond to make sure every need was taken care of (Eduardo delivered drinks to our patio with the pool!). Manuel, Alex, Romeo, Darby, Erik (new waiter) and I'm sure I'm missing a few that were simply over the top. We went with our 2 boys (12 & 10) and they lived like rock stars at the pool bar & beach. Food was amazing, although the desserts were not as good as the rest of the food - too experimental. Although the chocolate & vanilla ice cream were quite good. Interestingly they had creme brûlée at the Aroma breakfast buffet that was quite good although not available as a dessert on the dinner menu. We loved it so much that we booked a repeat trip while we were there. The Wi-Fi is excellent and the amenities are top notch. Did I happen to say that we loved it?! We took the private airport transportation to/from the airport which was excellent as well.

Unfortunately my youngest son got an ear infection on Thursday evening. The hotel doctor came Friday AM promptly and prescribed a visit to the local hospital to clean the ears and for some antibiotics. Very good service from the doctor and at the hospital. Very efficient. We were leaving on Saturday AM so we wanted to make sure he didn't have any discomfort while flying. That did the trick.

The hotel was fully booked but felt like it was half full as the pools and restaurants were not crowded at all.

4  Thank Grays_NJ
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!