“Great resort”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I wanted to take a short trip before summer really kicked in for us. The summer is our busiest time at work and on our farm. It was important to us to go somewhere quiet that we could truly relax and enjoy each other. We found the place! The Beloved was wonderful. Our room was exquisite! From the time we got out of our car until we walked back into the airport, we could not have been treated better. We just loved the resort. Everyone was so helpful and nice! The food wasn't spectacular but it was good. Breakfast was ideal as it was a buffet. We highly recommend it and will look forward to our own return in the future!

Room Tip: Splurge and get one of the Casitas! You won't regret it!
2  Thank Steffie1212
There are newer reviews for Beloved Playa Mujeres

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. The first time, it was "La Amada" and was not all inclusive (though you could buy a package). Overall, I still think it's among the best properties in the Cancun area. The staff, in particular are outstanding. A few notes:
- swim up suite was not my first choice but it was our only option. I enjoyed it more than expected but wow, it gets really damp if you don't keep the sliders closed up tightly! We were also across from a storage area so the room was a bit noisy in the morning. No real problem for us as we are early risers (room 301) but others may not enjoy it!
- there are kids here....generally well behaved but the screamers....ugh. I'll say no more on this.
- perhaps worse than the kids were the large, loud groups from weddings who take over the main pool area. They blast their music, take ownership of all the bar seats and leave an oil slick in an otherwise pristine pool.
- food was well above average for an all inclusive. (Although in truth, we feel it was ever so slightly better on our first stay). The staff goes out of their way to accommodate all requests as well.
- I love a long, I uncrowded beach and will gladly take some sea grass if it means avoiding crowds. Others may take issue with this....
-spa is a decadent, lovely treat. Just go.
- all manner of high end alcohol available...just ask
- we had a few small hiccups early on and my husband noted them in our survey on the second day...I'd like to say that within 24 hours, this survey was reviewed and our concerns addressed. Not something that happens in most resorts! Kudos to management on this one...very classy.

Overall, I'd stay again given the consistency and excellence service found here. We don't do many all inclusives, but this is definitely one I don't hesitate to recommend!

6  Thank hollydaze
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Beloved Hotel is the finest property that I've ever vacationed at in Mexico. The staff is so attentive and friendly. The property is well-kept and maintained. The spa is the best in the world. I've never been to a spa where this many amenities were added to every treatment. The Aqua Viva is unbelievable...loved it. The restaurants serve American and Mexican cuisine and it was like eating at a five star restaurant every night. The service at The Beloved Hotel is truly exceptional. The staff is there to please you and make your stay special. Our swim-up suite was in a great location. I loved the idea of walking out of my room and in about 10 steps, you're in the pool. I will go back to this Hidden Gem again very soon.

Room Tip: We had a swim-up suite and I loved it. They also have rooms with a private plunge pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LucyNorred
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Beloved Hotel is the epitome of class, brilliance and exceptional service. Period. After staying next door at their sister hotel we decided to try the Beloved and we loved it! The private dipping pools, the beach, the service, all exceptional. I must have heard the staff say, "It is my pleasure to serve you" 1000 times. We will be back!

Room Tip: Every room is stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Words cannot truly express how much we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Beloved - from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out. We booked the Beloved for our honeymoon, a little piece of luxury to celebrate our wedding (neither of us had ever stayed all-inclusive in a 5* hotel), and like the wedding itself, it was worth the planning and expenditure. Much of the credit for this glowing review must be attributed to the staff who, without exception, were friendly, courteous and willing to go that extra mile to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. If I may highlight just two examples of this: 1) After larking about in the pool (a man of my age should know better!) I became deaf in one ear. This didn't improve after some hours so I went to reception to ask whether it would be possible to get some olive oil and cotton wool for my ear, but oh no...the concierge rang a local pharmacy and within 45 mins eardrops were delivered to my room. 2) This is where Noe from the Aroma restaurant gets a shout out. Noe had waited on us several evenings and our penultimate evening was the last that Noe was on shift. He had promised us a 'special evening' and, true to his word, we had a candlelit, rose strewn table in a quiet corner of the restaurant and we were made to feel as though we were the only people in there. So, many thanks Noe (oh, and also for the magic tricks).
Throughout our stay we were addressed by name by waiters and restaurant staff (and even the manager) and this again made us feel valued as customers. It is tempting to think that this was because we treated the staff with the respect and civility that all people deserve, but I kind of think that they are all so professional that this would have no bearing on the service!!
The room was top notch, cleaned daily and with a turn down service at night. Contrary to some reports on here the food, every single meal, was of good quality, with plenty of variation.
So thankyou Beloved staff for making our honeymoon memorable and exceptionally enjoyable.

PS and many thanks to the beach waiters for our daily frapaccinos :-)

2  Thank HappyCoupleUK2014
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed there from May 27, 2014 to May 31, 2014. Everything and everyone were ok except the guy worked at the sushi bar became disrespectful because we are Asian. Happened to me on May 28, 2014, I did not make a big deal, but when it happened to my wife and her sister, we complained and then Aubrey, the manager from the Lupita restaurant brought him to our room to apologize. Didn't know how big of a food server's ego was but his attitude was unacceptable and he probably thought serving the White People was less insulting then other ethnic groups!

So, Asians (and may be other minorities): YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
17  Thank Vuotbien T
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this discontent to our attention.

We deeply regret your impression towards our staff. Although at The Beloved Hotel, our standards establish that interactions with our guests must be always in a professional manner and staff must avoid improper comments or actions that could affect the welfare and comfort of our guests.

Your feedback has been shared with the responsible managers of each area to avoid future discontents on these matters.

Please receive our warmest greetings from Cancun.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in this week. Check in took four hours. They charged us a extra $277.00 for a seven year old child. We asked to speak to a manager to discuss this and no one was available.
Rooms and service were nice. Food was average. Service was not five star. I would recommend this property if you are looking for a three star hotel but want to overpay for it
They need to replace the front desk staff

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Todd R

We would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for the situations faced during your stay which caused you uncomfortable moments and for the inadequate follow up provided. Our corporate customer service department remains at your disposal at customerservice@belovedhotels.com in order to further discuss the matter or in case you require any future assistance.

Please receive our warmest greetings from Cancun.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Mujeres
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#7 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!