“Fantastic Trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Bakersfield CA
“Fantastic Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband, myself, our son, daughter-in-law and grandson (16 months old) just returned from a week trip to The Beloved Hotel. My husband and I have been next door to the Excellence Playa Mujeres six times but wanted to bring the family this time. It was a terrific experience from beginning to end, starting with the stretch Navigator Limo transfer arranged by our travel agent, Steve at Berwick Travel. Check-in was quick and painless. The rooms were gorgeous, the bathrooms spacious and comfortable. The crib was waiting for the grandbaby who was a star everywhere he went. The restaurant servers were terrific with him. We spent six days on the beach in the executive double cabana which had two large day beds and what amounted to a private beach in front of us. The service was beyond terrific from the beach staff. The lunch served daily on the beach was mostly terrific and very convenient. There was rarely any seagrass to be seen and the water was perfect. The only complaint we could come up with after a lot of thinking was that the desserts, with the exception of the ice cream, were not worth the calories. Otherwise, the food, service, rooms and everything else was fantastic.

5 Thank bfl06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Where do I start? We stayed at the Beloved May 15-23, 2014 to visit the site for our upcoming wedding next year. This was our #1 pick for wedding sites and we were truly hoping it would work out for the best. I'm very happy to say that we got way more than we expected!!! It's one thing to have a wedding theme and customize it to what you want, and it's one thing to start with the right venue so you don't have to work too hard to modify it. The Beloved to us proved to be an elegant resort with just the right balance of contemporary and classic. This is our 3rd trip to Mexico and the best one yet!

The service in this place is phenomenal. They really went out of their way to make us feel like first class clients. This was our first time visiting the resort and we were very pleased. From Jesus in the front desk to Lleny the wedding coordinator to the wonderful bartenders and waiters, Heyden, Noe, Edgardo and chef Eduardo for our wedding tasting. Edgardo made my fiance Mexican coffee one night and it was delicious! He always makes time to check on the guests and see how we are doing while waiting for our food to come. Sure there were nights when they were busier than others but they made sure to let us know every step of the way when our food was coming. I ordered two desserts one night in Isla Grill because I couldn't make up my mind, they forgot (and I did as well) that I ordered strawberry ice cream. It had started raining when we finished and started to walk back to our room and Noe chased us to give as the to-go strawberry ice cream that I ordered. He was so apologetic but I was so surprised he went out of his way to make sure I got what I wanted.

The food selection was really good and we are very particular about food. Living in NYC, we tend to be very particular and selective because we have access to the best food around. We loved the breakfast tasting in El Mar and you really have to try it at least once. They have 4-5 different courses of some really amazing small plates. The only thing I would say which is not a negative but it depends on how particular you are, they have sometimes changes certain parts of the dish from the menu without telling the guests. One course I had was pork loin with rice and it came with potatoes instead of rice. It was good nonetheless but I was expecting rice and not potatoes. Same with one of the butters in the tasting menu, they replaced it with a tomato compote and again it was good, but they did not say they were making a change. The breakfast selection at Aroma for the buffet is excellent. They have the hot section with the omelette station and the pastries, cereals, organic honey, different juices, and so much more. They also serve coffee by the carafe, they give you your own french press so you can have as much or as little as you want. I noticed that some of their "mousse" was a little bit on the denser side almost with a gelatin feel to it, the flavor was good but the texture could be better. This did not in any way dampen our appetite though. We tried each restaurant and they were all pretty excellent. The steak we had in 3 different places were cooked to order, just the right temperature as we requested. I was pleasantly surprised with the room service food quality and menu. They offered a variety of dishes and it almost felt like another restaurant to me. We had room service twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch. The portions were great, sometimes to the large side, and the flavors were great, definitely not an afterthought like some of the resorts we have stayed in. My most favorite thing I ate other than the delicious slow cooked pork, cochinita pibil tacos, grilled seafood, etc., I have to say has to be the corn risotto from Lupita at dinner and a similar one at dinner in Isla Grill. It was the right texture, creamy, and very flavorful. I really liked the tres leches cake, it wasn't the best (the best was my sister's tres leches wedding cake from the Excellence Riviera Maya) but it was pretty close!

Wedding
We saw 3 weddings during our stay from a bigger wedding party of over 40 in the Isla Grill to a smaller wedding of 20 in the Palapa (El Mar). We chose to have ours at the Palapa closer to the beach area. Lleny (wedding coordinator) was very helpful, realistic, and was such a treat to deal with. She was open to all of our needs and suggestions. She also was realistic and gave us different options and scenarious of how we would like our wedding to be. The food tasting was an excellent experience, I wish I had a second stomach!! My fiance who does not eat a lot of veggies, seafood, or pork ate seafood bisque, all the salads, mahi mahi, and even tried the pork and duck dishes! This was a miracle in itself. The chef Eduardo was very humble but he did a tremendous job. They had a huge selection and it made it very difficult for us to choose because it was all very good. I came into this experience expecting mediocre food because it's an All-Inclusive Resort, but they completely changed my mind. Lleny really listened to the details and concepts that we wanted for the wedding and we are very happy with the selections from two of the decor vendors. The prices are decent and the selection is great. They keep up with new trends but also have classic selections.

There are three pools, the one by the Isla Grill with the swim up bar seems to be the most crowded but we always found a bed or lounge chair. We also always found a great spot at the beach every time we went. We loved the restaurants, definitely try each one and see what you like. Lupita Lounge at night has a sushi bar and the sushi was decent. We knew this was a family resort but we opt not to have kids at our wedding. We were worried that it may be overrun with kids but it's really not the case. It was still relaxing and it did not bother us at all. We had a great time! We can't wait for our wedding!!

Room Tip: We got to tour each room available in the resort. The casitas are actually smaller than the regular...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, and for recommending us with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you found at The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres, the perfect set for your wedding and relaxing vacation. Moreover, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay, due to the quality of food & drinks encountered, the facilities and the service of our staff. Allow us to confirm you that Llenny, Jesús, Eduardo Heyden and Noe will be congratulated for the excellent service provided.

At our hotel we strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another family vacation or romantic getaway.
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here June 11 - 17. Rooms are big and well designed. Beach is great, there are no waves (I believe it's due to the location) and it doesn't get deep right away, so it's great for little kids. The hotel is pretty quiet overall and very classy. There was a girl playing beautiful piano in the breakfast buffet, which was so nice. Large variety of fresh squeezed juices in the buffet was impressive. The service is wonderful, like it should be for a 5 star resort. The hydro treatment and the massage in the spa were awesome, I went twice.
We'll come back!

1 Thank Lena99999
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I spent 5days and my family and I had a great time.My daughter and her husband attended a wedding on June 14,2014,and I hit my 50th B-Day on the 13th.The staff was great,very relaxing time,at the resort.My daughter told me the ceremony was wonderful.But ,my wife and I had a great time,sitting our granddaughter.The resort was perfect.AAA .
P.S. Try the spa
Enjoy,Jorge Cabrera

Room Tip: The showers are unforgettable
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I just got back from The Beloved Hotel...and boy do we wish we were there right now! A friend of ours went with her sisters last June and we fell IN LOVE just by the pictures. They gave it a rave review so we HAD TO GO!

This was our first visit ever to Mexico--and to an all-inclusive resort. Not disappointed one bit!
We are by no means money bags, we set a budget for our trip and stuck to it and had a great time.
-We were transferred to the hotel by Canada Transfers--I have a separate (positive) review for them.

We went for our delayed Honeymoon(got married in March)...upon arrival we were greeted with smiles and SPARKLING WINE! Our room was not ready yet (arrived at 12:30pm check in at 3pm) so we were escorted to Isla Grill for lunch. We sat outside (covered patio with fans) had ocean views and had great food! Once we got to our room we were greeted with a banner on our door that read It's our Honeymoon! Nice touch. Inside there was a bottle of champagne chilling in an ice bucket! How sweet. Our room was perfect! Whoop whoop 324 partial ocean view! The showers are amazing. We slept like rocks or babies whatever resonates with you about the excellent quality of sleep. The turn down service is great. I'm not going to ruin the surprises for you--go see for yourself!

The property is gorgeous. The beach is COMBED! Yeah that's right they periodically remove seaweed throughout the day! The pools are HUGE (although they close at 7pm--should be at least 10--the water stays so warm!) The swim up bar is great although it could stay open longer---but I do understand they are not trying to have a party party atmosphere.

The beach wait staff is superb! Always smiling and friendly although it is blazing hot! They helped us expand our cocktail knowledge base and we found knew favorite drinks. All of the staff is super attentive and friendly. It's amazing how they really care about if you are having a good time and enjoying your meal etc. It's awesome.

The food is excellent we hit all the restaurants and ordered room service never disappointed---the portions are perfect! Not huge and not tiny--just right! I am a huge foodie (food science degree in college) I have SO many pictures of food on my phone it's ridiculous.

The beach activities by "AquaWorld" are great too! Kayaking, peddle boat, catamaran--- Try paddleboarding your first day! I did it on our last full day and that is my only regret because I was GOOD at it and LOVED it!!

The live music in the afternoons by the pool/beach are fun too! They aren't there every single day which gives you a break for quiet but I quite enjoyed them as well.

We happened to get to see a wedding reception at Isla Grill during our stay it looked so fun, if you have the money it looked worth it to us.

1 Thank MrsSailorMouth
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I wanted to take a short trip before summer really kicked in for us. The summer is our busiest time at work and on our farm. It was important to us to go somewhere quiet that we could truly relax and enjoy each other. We found the place! The Beloved was wonderful. Our room was exquisite! From the time we got out of our car until we walked back into the airport, we could not have been treated better. We just loved the resort. Everyone was so helpful and nice! The food wasn't spectacular but it was good. Breakfast was ideal as it was a buffet. We highly recommend it and will look forward to our own return in the future!

Room Tip: Splurge and get one of the Casitas! You won't regret it!
2 Thank Steffie1212
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. The first time, it was "La Amada" and was not all inclusive (though you could buy a package). Overall, I still think it's among the best properties in the Cancun area. The staff, in particular are outstanding. A few notes:
- swim up suite was not my first choice but it was our only option. I enjoyed it more than expected but wow, it gets really damp if you don't keep the sliders closed up tightly! We were also across from a storage area so the room was a bit noisy in the morning. No real problem for us as we are early risers (room 301) but others may not enjoy it!
- there are kids here....generally well behaved but the screamers....ugh. I'll say no more on this.
- perhaps worse than the kids were the large, loud groups from weddings who take over the main pool area. They blast their music, take ownership of all the bar seats and leave an oil slick in an otherwise pristine pool.
- food was well above average for an all inclusive. (Although in truth, we feel it was ever so slightly better on our first stay). The staff goes out of their way to accommodate all requests as well.
- I love a long, I uncrowded beach and will gladly take some sea grass if it means avoiding crowds. Others may take issue with this....
-spa is a decadent, lovely treat. Just go.
- all manner of high end alcohol available...just ask
- we had a few small hiccups early on and my husband noted them in our survey on the second day...I'd like to say that within 24 hours, this survey was reviewed and our concerns addressed. Not something that happens in most resorts! Kudos to management on this one...very classy.

Overall, I'd stay again given the consistency and excellence service found here. We don't do many all inclusives, but this is definitely one I don't hesitate to recommend!

6 Thank hollydaze
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#3 of 181 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,085 reviews
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!