“Excellent Experience”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a great spot for an easy, relaxing vacation. The staff was as friendly and helpful as possible, facilities and rooms are excellent and the food was better than I expected from an all-inclusive. It is easy to see why this made it to the top of TripAdvisor's "Top All-Inclusives in Mexico" list.

While the hotel is located close to Cancun, it is still rather removed from the hustle and bustle. For my husband and I this was a plus, but if you're looking for lots of activities and shopping nearby, this may not be the destination for you. There are waterspouts on the beach outside the hotel but anything else requires a taxi ride. This is the perfect spot for a quiet, relaxing beach vacation- not for a fast paced party scene. It's great for a shorter vacation, four nights or so, any longer than that and you may get antsy and need to look into booking some outside activities.

We were shocked to find out that the resort was 85% full during our stay, we assumed it was far less as it never felt crowded. There was ample privacy, plenty of chairs near the beach and pools and always a table available in the restaurants. They are willing to negotiate on the price of room upgrades. If you are able to get a room with a private pool it's worth it, they're very private and it's nice to have your own little retreat at the end of the day.

Drink service on the beach and pool side were very quick as was room service.

The food was decent, especially for resort food. We enjoyed the breakfast tasting menu at El Mar, a very unique concept. Our waiter Daniel was excellent two mornings in a row.
The house wine is rather poor. Unless you want to spring for a specialty bottle in one of the restaurants you're better off sticking with mixed drinks and beer.

Again, the staff and facilities at The Beloved was excellent and I highly recommend the hotel. My husband and I will definitely make another trip.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Cassady H
Write a ReviewReviews (3,956)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is super nice. We just got home from our trip today. We took a long weekend ( June 18-22). My husband and I were celebrating our 21st Anneversary.
We used the seasons tour car service from the airport. They were nice and on time both to the hotel and back to airport.
The grounds are very nice, it is a quiet resort no real loud partying going on. The food was good, one morning the wait was a little long for breakfast but not too bad. They would get me soy milk when I asked. They do try to cater to your needs.
I lost my sunglasses in the water and the Chris and David who work the stand by the beach got in the water and actually found them ( in the ocean )
The service at the beach was great Luis and Enrique were great and kept the drinks coming.
We has a casita which was steps away from the beach, however you can't actually see the water. The landscaping did provide privacy which was nice. If you want the ocean view get the 2 floor with the plunge pool.
Rooms were pretty , a couple of nights we did not get turn down service however we were back in the room by 9.
There are kids there mainly young ones. This did not bother me at all however this is a resort popular with families. If you don't want to see kids this is not the place for you. For me it was not a big deal they were well behaved and having a good time
Not many teens a few.
The food on the beach is average I would say but I asked my waiter to bring me something from the grill and he did. That was yummy. The shrimp tacos were good as well.
Spa is amazing hands down. Go camp in there for several hours it is worth it.
Workout room well appointed, however I only used it once .
They offer some basic ex classes I did not attend any I was on vacation !
Great resort with above average service. The staff is friendly and aims to please

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank meganwarr
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Last Saturday my husband and I returned back to Park City, Utah from staying at the Beloved Hotel. We had the best vacation in years and highly recommend staying at TBH. Over the years we have stayed at several other Cancun & Puerto Vallarta resorts and find this hotel to be the best - especially the service. We stayed for 8 days and loved every minute. The check-in process was quick and easy and we were greeted with mimosa's. We stayed in a 2 story casita with plunge pool. Our room was very clean, big and modern. I loved the white linens and furniture, I especially liked the marble/terrazzo floors, they always felt clean and did not smell or hold orders like carpet does. The view from the second floor balcony/plunge pool was amazing and peaceful. Many nights my husband and I would fall asleep out there watching the stars and feeling the ocean breeze. The mini bar was AMAZING and was replenished daily. We enjoyed the shower because it was large enough for 2 people and had many shower heads = fun! Housekeeping was awesome and so was the nightly turndown service. The beach was beautiful. The beach servers/waiters were the best! They remember your name and your favorite drinks. They were friendly and quick. We enjoyed all the restaurants, each one accommodated my gluten allergies- THANK YOU "Conception" for helping me get gluten free bread! We were very impressed by the entire wait staff for understanding gluten allergies. If you are healthy eater, there are many, many options for you to select from. There is even a juice bar that you can get beet juice from. Our favorite restaurant for dinner was Del Mar and the sushi bar. Our favorite restaurant for breakfast was Aroma. They offer a wide selection of delicious foods and even had a gluten-free section. Again all the servers were amazing (Valeria, Paulo, Rafael, William, Luis, Teresitya, Freddy, Susana and all the others whom we cannot remember their names). Our favorite bar was in the hotel lobby -"Hayden" the bartender was awesome! He was super friendly and made amazing drinks! The spa was beautiful, super clean and modern. The "Aqua Viva" was peaceful and fun and a great escape from the heat. Again the service was top notch (Neiman, Lupita, etc..) The gym was excellent. Again the gym was very clean, smelled good and had state of the art cardio and weight lifting equipment. They offer towels, snacks and cold water bottles. Jorge was the "Cross-Fit" instructor and was very friendly and a great instructor. A big thank you to all the people behind the scenes (landscapers, chefs, cooks, laundry etc...) that make TBH a 5 star resort. If you have doubts about staying here, think again, this place is the best!

Room Tip: The 2 story casitas with plunge pool are nice if you like more space and privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband, myself, our son, daughter-in-law and grandson (16 months old) just returned from a week trip to The Beloved Hotel. My husband and I have been next door to the Excellence Playa Mujeres six times but wanted to bring the family this time. It was a terrific experience from beginning to end, starting with the stretch Navigator Limo transfer arranged by our travel agent, Steve at Berwick Travel. Check-in was quick and painless. The rooms were gorgeous, the bathrooms spacious and comfortable. The crib was waiting for the grandbaby who was a star everywhere he went. The restaurant servers were terrific with him. We spent six days on the beach in the executive double cabana which had two large day beds and what amounted to a private beach in front of us. The service was beyond terrific from the beach staff. The lunch served daily on the beach was mostly terrific and very convenient. There was rarely any seagrass to be seen and the water was perfect. The only complaint we could come up with after a lot of thinking was that the desserts, with the exception of the ice cream, were not worth the calories. Otherwise, the food, service, rooms and everything else was fantastic.

5  Thank bfl06
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Where do I start? We stayed at the Beloved May 15-23, 2014 to visit the site for our upcoming wedding next year. This was our #1 pick for wedding sites and we were truly hoping it would work out for the best. I'm very happy to say that we got way more than we expected!!! It's one thing to have a wedding theme and customize it to what you want, and it's one thing to start with the right venue so you don't have to work too hard to modify it. The Beloved to us proved to be an elegant resort with just the right balance of contemporary and classic. This is our 3rd trip to Mexico and the best one yet!

The service in this place is phenomenal. They really went out of their way to make us feel like first class clients. This was our first time visiting the resort and we were very pleased. From Jesus in the front desk to Lleny the wedding coordinator to the wonderful bartenders and waiters, Heyden, Noe, Edgardo and chef Eduardo for our wedding tasting. Edgardo made my fiance Mexican coffee one night and it was delicious! He always makes time to check on the guests and see how we are doing while waiting for our food to come. Sure there were nights when they were busier than others but they made sure to let us know every step of the way when our food was coming. I ordered two desserts one night in Isla Grill because I couldn't make up my mind, they forgot (and I did as well) that I ordered strawberry ice cream. It had started raining when we finished and started to walk back to our room and Noe chased us to give as the to-go strawberry ice cream that I ordered. He was so apologetic but I was so surprised he went out of his way to make sure I got what I wanted.

The food selection was really good and we are very particular about food. Living in NYC, we tend to be very particular and selective because we have access to the best food around. We loved the breakfast tasting in El Mar and you really have to try it at least once. They have 4-5 different courses of some really amazing small plates. The only thing I would say which is not a negative but it depends on how particular you are, they have sometimes changes certain parts of the dish from the menu without telling the guests. One course I had was pork loin with rice and it came with potatoes instead of rice. It was good nonetheless but I was expecting rice and not potatoes. Same with one of the butters in the tasting menu, they replaced it with a tomato compote and again it was good, but they did not say they were making a change. The breakfast selection at Aroma for the buffet is excellent. They have the hot section with the omelette station and the pastries, cereals, organic honey, different juices, and so much more. They also serve coffee by the carafe, they give you your own french press so you can have as much or as little as you want. I noticed that some of their "mousse" was a little bit on the denser side almost with a gelatin feel to it, the flavor was good but the texture could be better. This did not in any way dampen our appetite though. We tried each restaurant and they were all pretty excellent. The steak we had in 3 different places were cooked to order, just the right temperature as we requested. I was pleasantly surprised with the room service food quality and menu. They offered a variety of dishes and it almost felt like another restaurant to me. We had room service twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch. The portions were great, sometimes to the large side, and the flavors were great, definitely not an afterthought like some of the resorts we have stayed in. My most favorite thing I ate other than the delicious slow cooked pork, cochinita pibil tacos, grilled seafood, etc., I have to say has to be the corn risotto from Lupita at dinner and a similar one at dinner in Isla Grill. It was the right texture, creamy, and very flavorful. I really liked the tres leches cake, it wasn't the best (the best was my sister's tres leches wedding cake from the Excellence Riviera Maya) but it was pretty close!

Wedding
We saw 3 weddings during our stay from a bigger wedding party of over 40 in the Isla Grill to a smaller wedding of 20 in the Palapa (El Mar). We chose to have ours at the Palapa closer to the beach area. Lleny (wedding coordinator) was very helpful, realistic, and was such a treat to deal with. She was open to all of our needs and suggestions. She also was realistic and gave us different options and scenarious of how we would like our wedding to be. The food tasting was an excellent experience, I wish I had a second stomach!! My fiance who does not eat a lot of veggies, seafood, or pork ate seafood bisque, all the salads, mahi mahi, and even tried the pork and duck dishes! This was a miracle in itself. The chef Eduardo was very humble but he did a tremendous job. They had a huge selection and it made it very difficult for us to choose because it was all very good. I came into this experience expecting mediocre food because it's an All-Inclusive Resort, but they completely changed my mind. Lleny really listened to the details and concepts that we wanted for the wedding and we are very happy with the selections from two of the decor vendors. The prices are decent and the selection is great. They keep up with new trends but also have classic selections.

There are three pools, the one by the Isla Grill with the swim up bar seems to be the most crowded but we always found a bed or lounge chair. We also always found a great spot at the beach every time we went. We loved the restaurants, definitely try each one and see what you like. Lupita Lounge at night has a sushi bar and the sushi was decent. We knew this was a family resort but we opt not to have kids at our wedding. We were worried that it may be overrun with kids but it's really not the case. It was still relaxing and it did not bother us at all. We had a great time! We can't wait for our wedding!!

Room Tip: We got to tour each room available in the resort. The casitas are actually smaller than the regular...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, and for recommending us with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you found at The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres, the perfect set for your wedding and relaxing vacation. Moreover, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay, due to the quality of food & drinks encountered, the facilities and the service of our staff. Allow us to confirm you that Llenny, Jesús, Eduardo Heyden and Noe will be congratulated for the excellent service provided.

At our hotel we strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another family vacation or romantic getaway.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here June 11 - 17. Rooms are big and well designed. Beach is great, there are no waves (I believe it's due to the location) and it doesn't get deep right away, so it's great for little kids. The hotel is pretty quiet overall and very classy. There was a girl playing beautiful piano in the breakfast buffet, which was so nice. Large variety of fresh squeezed juices in the buffet was impressive. The service is wonderful, like it should be for a 5 star resort. The hydro treatment and the massage in the spa were awesome, I went twice.
We'll come back!

1  Thank Lena99999
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I spent 5days and my family and I had a great time.My daughter and her husband attended a wedding on June 14,2014,and I hit my 50th B-Day on the 13th.The staff was great,very relaxing time,at the resort.My daughter told me the ceremony was wonderful.But ,my wife and I had a great time,sitting our granddaughter.The resort was perfect.AAA .
P.S. Try the spa
Enjoy,Jorge Cabrera

Room Tip: The showers are unforgettable
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Mujeres
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!