Beloved Playa Mujeres
US$579
US$542
  • Breakfast included
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
US$448
US$420
Bookit.com
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$204
  • Pool
US$476
US$428
US$448
US$439
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
US$249
US$201
US$163
US$24
  • Room Service
US$44
TripAdvisor
4,141 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushiboutique resortbeach conciergeswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I want to say that this hotel truly is FABULOUS. I had spent months reading the trip advisor reviews before my trip. I was very pleasantly surprised at how great it was. People who complain about this hotel must truly be difficult to please. I have stayed at many luxury hotels. I found the service to be exceptional. Everyone one was wonderful, but the one person that really stood out was David (hopefully this is the correct name), who manages the cabanas at the beach. He offered wonderful service, but what really gave us a WOW was that we were looking for sea shells for our 5 year old son. We did not find too many ourselves and asked him if he knew of good spots to find them. A couple hours later he came back with a large handful of seashells for our son. We could not believe it !!
For every item that we requested in our room, the front desk called to follow up to see if we were satisfied. It was wonderful customer service.
I had read people complaining about the food. We thought it was great. It was very fresh and had a European flare, elegant small plates,etc. We have stayed at two other all-inclusive hotels in Mexico and this definitely was a cut above in quality.
The spa was one of the best we have ever experienced. We have been to some 5 star spas. We did the water circuit and the Los Novios Couples Ritual. It was very romantic and relaxing. I highly recommend the spa services.
We had a beach front casita with pool. It was a very nice room, but when we return, we would not get the plunge pool because we did not use it. We spent most of our time at the beach.
We chose to tip because we wanted to. We never felt pressured to do so. The employees all work very hard and deserve a tip...especially when they are working hard in the 90 degree heat and humidity. This time of year is very hot (which was to be expected), but it does make the pools very warm.
Though we were there as couple and this is a family friendly hotel, I want to say that the kids were amazingly well behaved. I have two little boys and I can really appreciate this.
Also, this resort was immaculately clean. I am extremely picky about bugs and cleanliness. It was absolutely perfect.
We were only there 3 nights,so we did not get to enjoy all the amenities of the resort :(. Next time we will stay longer,though.
This trip was very relaxing. We can't wait to go again soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley F
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our 2nd time back at TBH. the first time we stayed here was when it was called La Amada and at that time it wasnt All inclusive and it was only 4 of us but this timew we had 3 families total od 13 ppl. The hotel is definitly nice!!! When we arrived, we were greeted with cool towels and champaigne (for adults) and mango juice (for the kids). The check in was very quick and easy. The rooms were not going to be ready til 3pm and we were aware of that so we were directed to the isla grill to have lunch and enjoy the weather and the feel of being in paradise. We are vegetarians so i liked that they had a seperate vegetarian menu. The food was really good at all the restaurants.....you do have to keep in mind that EVERYTHING on the menu is MADE TO ORDER so the service DOES take extra time plus it took longer for us because we had a big group. The kids menu is pretty much the same at all restaurant.....it would be nice if it was different at each location so the kids can get a variety like the adults do. but you can always order for the kids from the regular menu if you want. The breakfast was always good. We also took advantage of letting the kids play on the beach and ordering food and drinks by our beach chairs instead of cleaning up and going to sitdown places. TBH does have a kids club but its small....they do have a seperate kids pool area with slides and dump bucket plus has a play park near the kids club. I will tell you this, if your kids or you like the daily entertainment from the big AI resorts then don't stay here cuz there isn't any day time entertainment for kids or adults. The first time we went my kids were yournger so they had a BLAST!! This time around, I did notice that they were a little bored. But i am not complaining cuz we knew this from our 1st visit but fail to take in to consideration that our kids our older and might need constant entertaining. We did try out the spa and loved it. They offer a massage with mom or dad and child but we all wanted to do it together in one room. The staff was able to set that up for us with out any problems. they are always very accomidating!!!! This time it was better than the first time cuz we ended up doing a massage treatment for all 4 of us (me, my husband and our two daughters 9 and 5 yo). I was kind of nervous cuz this was the first time my daughters were doing a spa treatment. My girls loved it sooo much that they were knocked out half way thru the massage. This was a good way for us to spend some quality time together.Overall, the staff is really friendly, the place is very clean, the food is really good, the beach is beautiful and everyone is always willing to go above and beyond for you no matter what. Great place to have some peace and quiet and still spend quality time with loved ones!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank nehurph
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I just returned from a five day trip from this breathtaking resort. From the moment we booked until the moment we left it couldn't have been more perfect. When we arrived, we were greeted by everyone who worked there. We arrived hours before check in and expected to have to wait for our rooms. To our surprise they were ready and waiting. The rooms were perfect and the food was exquisite! Between the pristine sandy beaches and gorgeous pools we were all set. I have stayed at five star resorts all over the world and this was the best. We met so many lovely guests and the staff is the best ever. Alex and Luis were our servers at the beach and they were on top of their game. Every single time we turned around they were there waiting to help with any request. Edgar and Enrique in the front went above and beyond for our stay as well. They even had certain drinks stocked in our room that the hotel didn't carry, but went out and supplied them themselves.Some people in other reviews complained about tipping, but trust me, a little goes a long way. Tipping is not a requirement, but I don't see why you wouldn't when you see how hard they work. Not to mention, they were happy to make you happy! I don't have one negative thing to say about our experience, and neither did any other guests that we met while there. We will be back soon and encourage you to plan your visit to this palace of a hotel. Again, this place truly is paradise!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Kdd8383
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was amazing. We booked this trip for our 10 year anniversary. We stayed in the suite with the plunge pool and it was awesome. When we got to our room it had a banner on the door " It's our anniversary.", what a great touch. The room was great, however the bed was firm. The staff was very professional and nice. It is an all inclusive resort including 24 hr. room service/minibar with premium alcohol and snacks that are refilled daily. As far as the comments that Travelfan021 made, of course your supposed to tip your server/waiter/waitress. As far as the food quality, portions at some of the restaurants were small tasting menus, but there were 8 courses, and gourmet. Im not sure where travelfan021 is from but im from Louisiana and know good food when I see/taste it. Even though this hotel is not a couples only resort, it was still very romantic. Live music every night in the open air lounge, bonfires on the beach, and personal huts on the beach just for starters. The resort is further away than most other resorts. I was told by our cab driver that the Beloved was originally used by the President/Politicians before becoming a resort, and when you go thru the gates, you will definitely feel secure/secluded, but in a good way. The beach at the resort was clean and beautiful, however if you like to boogie board this is not the beach for you. The water is fairly calm with very little waves, but perfect for snorkeling ! There is a retaining wall with a lighthouse that you can snorkel to from the beach, it was beautiful. I would definitely recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Terri K
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

we booked here on recommendations from a post I made on cancun forum..after booking we became a little hesitant about our choice of hotel with children as the last two years we have gone adults only and we have very much enjoyed that concept...however we decided to take a chance with a smaller family resort and we couldn't be more happy..this so far has been the most relaxing holiday we have taken..it is so quiet and peaceful and the children that are here are products of their very well mannered and refined parents..there are no screaming children, instead these children are enjoying their holiday while not intruding on ours..children sit respectfully in restaurants and enjoy themselves at the pool whilst not Impacting on others..I give credit to the parents on their little ones.
okay the hotel
check in smooth, the smell every time you enter the lobby is divine.
rooms are huge, well maintained and wet room bathroom is huge and beautiful. everything you need is provided, gorgeous toiletries, robe, slippers etc..fully stocked bar and snacks replenished if needed. we have a swim up and for us it is perfect. we open onto very quiet pool, we have own loungers, day bed, table and chairs etc and drink and food service right to the lounger. .staff come around regularly to check if we need anything.
restaurants - we have very much enjoyed all dining options throughout the day. food choice is varied with range of vegetarian options. we have enjoyed beautifully presented meals which have been hot and tasty. we enjoy going to lupita lounge for pre dinner drinks and sushi in a laid back and very comffortable setting, the music changes every evening and has been a pleasant way to start the night. the hotel is very quiet at night and we have enjoyed finishing dinner with a cocktail in lobby bar, amazing cocktail list for grown ups..no pina coladas here, although the clever mixologist would make one if you wanted...instead we enjoy martinis!
entertainment
entertainment is very laid back, singers and bands in the evening and we particularly enjoyed the reggae band while we enjoyed lunch with our toes in the sand. beach entertainment is there in form of kayaking, paddle board, hobby cats and these are great fun. I have made full use of well equipped gym and fitness classes. jorge the gym instructor takes range of classes including pilates, abs, bike tour and more and he has been amazing..I have mostly been on my own and I've enjoyed personal training from him.
beach- we haven't spent much time at the beach as we love the swim up room however the beach is clean and calm..very good for children. There is a little sea grass (miniscule amount) however it is not bothersome and cleared away.
the resort is small and easy to navigate, gardens are beautifully landscaped and pleasant to walk around.
staff - it would be a disservice to all the staff here to single out particular staff members..so we would say that every staff member (and there are many, staff to guest ratio is very high) is professional, gracious and hard working. guest comfort is first and foremost here, staff are obliging and accommodating of requests. .this morning I asked to have pineapple on my fruit platter and a staff member ran to another restaurant to get it. staff engage in conversation and enjoy hearing about guest experiences. the staff here take pride in their work and their hotel and do what they can to ensure you are having an amazing holiday...I would like to challenge last poster and say that staff are not looking for tips and we have never felt obligated to tip, however we tip every drink, every meal and every day for housekeeping because we appreciate how hard each staff member is working to give us a fabulous experience and having paid a lot of money to enjoy this holiday, we saved a little more money to show our appreciation to staff members as we realise that we are very lucky to experience this, I'm sure many staff members can only imagine what it would be like to have this. as a European I am shocked to see the number of people not tipping as the hotel has a large number of Canadian and American guests who are used to a tipping culture!
to sum up, I am still at the hotel, writing this from our very quiet swim up pool..we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel..only if you like refinement and quiet! this is not a party hotel and that is suiting us perfectly.
with respect