The entire resort (room, grounds, restaurants, and common areas) were extremely clean. The food was good. The steak from Chez Isabelle tasted like what you get from a catering hall. The Grill was probably our favorite restaurant. The steak there was very good. Along with the lunch options (chicken wings, steak sandwich, grilled ribs - we weren't fans of the hamburgesa). The pizza and food on the beach were very good. None of the restaurants ever seemed crowded. We never had to wait for dinner. Room service was also good and they have a wide variety of items on the menu. Breakfast is buffet style. Eggs made to order. We were fans of the French toast.
The resort is gay friendly. All the staff members were nice (took our picture, etc). No other gays were here at the time. It was funny though our welcome letter was addressed to Mr. & Mrs. which my partner loved! The crowd really ranges in age but I would say mostly in the 20s and 30s.
We received great service from Armando and Federico from the Grill, Barbara from Café Kafe, Julio and Israel from Toscano, Angel from Spice, and Carolina and Maria from the Beach.
The beach was great. Plenty of chairs (at both the beach and pool). It wasn't crowded at all (they said the resort was 85% full). A lot of reviews mention seaweed at the beach, but it was nice. They clean it up and the water is great.
We upgraded to the Excellence club and requested a room in building 8A. We stayed in 8061 and it was amazing. We had a great view of the pool and ocean. It was a swim up room and the pool by us was practically empty the whole time! There is a separate beach for Excellence Club members and private pools. You can email them and request a room in whatever building you like.
You must book a spa appointment. We booked a couple's massage and a milk bath which also turned out to be couples. Before your treatment you go through an aqua treatment. It's basically different stations in the pool where the water pulsates on different parts of your body. It was really fun. Also book your spa appointments in advance. You get 20% off when you book from their website.
The Michael Jackson show on Thursday night was amazing! The performer really looked like Michael and had all his dance moves down. The shows starts at 9:30, but be sure to get there early.
Oh and there are two channels of porn!
Make sure you bring a hundred singles for tips. It's amazing how many people don't tip. Tipping is not required, but it is the right thing to do.
The weather forecast predicted rain every day we were here. We had great weather and when it did rain it only lasted for a few minutes and then was all clear.
Also don’t forget to brush up on your Spanish. When asked where I learned Spanish, I said "Dora the Explorer". It always got a laugh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun