My wife and I returned to EPM 12 - 26 Jun to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. We were married at EPM in June 2008 so we were really looking forward to returning and we were not disappointed.
We had a fabulous time when we were married and our experience this time was even better. EPM has gone from strength to strength and improved in a number of areas. They have made some innovative changes such as the inclusion of the Basmati restaurant, the different food on offer on the beach at lunchtimes and the latest change, the pizza oven.
We had a room in Bldg 8 which gave us a great view of the sea and across to the island. We were not allocated this room initially but after requesting a change we were moved within 24 hours. The resort itself is beautiful with the gardens well established and colourful. The bars are well stocked and you want for nothing. The restaurants are first class and the food is excellent, I can honestly say that we did not have a meal that we were dissatisfied with. As this was our anniversary we were made to feel really special and not just on the anniversary day itself
The jewel in the crown for EPM is the staff. From the time we arrived with the cool towel, glass of fizz and the "Welcome Home" to the time we regrettably had to leave, at no time did we encounter anyone who did not have a smile and a cheery "hola". Nothing was too much trouble for them and they set the standards for customer service. I think this was summed up on the days when the English soccer team were playing in EURO 2012, the kick off for the three games we attended was at 1345. The Entertainment Manager had arranged seating, beers and even small eats on offer and also provided waiters to ensure nothing ran out, they even monitored the satellite signals to ensure we had the best picture on offer. A BIG THANK YOU on behalf of all the British football fans.
The management team were always visible and very approachable, none more so than the overall Manager, Virginia and the Guest Services Manager, Mariana, a personal thank you to you both, you are doing a fantastic job. A couple of thank you's - Adan, the Excellence Club Pool Bar, we miss the Adan Blue Specials, the Pool Concierge Carolina and Alejandra and lastly to Vilma Montalvo, Concierge Lobby, thank you for arranging everything for us
This was our 7th time at Excellence resorts and you have raised the bar once again making it very diificult to chose anywhere else. We will definitely return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun