This was my husband's and my third visit to EPM. We love everything about this resort, especially that it is adults only. It is peaceful, beautiful, clean, and has just about any amenity that one could ask for. The staff is wonderful; although gratuities are included, please tip these hard-working people. They deserve it!
We stayed for two weeks; the first week was over the US Labor Day weekend, when the resort was reportedly at capacity. It never felt crowded anywhere; there were always sufficient palapas, restaurant seating, and pool areas.
There are people of all ages and nationalities. If you are looking for a very special, peaceful place to vacation, this is for you. Note: if you are looking for a party resort, keep looking because this is not it. During our stay, there was one group of guests who decided that they would have a wild, loud party in the open area of their suite. After the second day, they were removed from the resort. Security is excellent.
- Lots of covered sunbeds, even at the busiest times of day
- Seemingly acres of water, including a Lazy River
- 9 a la carte restaurants: we especially loved the Indian and French
- 10 bars: top shelf liquour, just about anything that you could want. They make the best Margarita Azul!
- Really good pool/beach service for drinks and food. On most afternoons, attendants with food carts came around the pools with offerings such as pasta, tacos, etc. There is also a covered area on the beach that had various lunch offerings.
- Personal pizzas made in a brick oven at Sol Bar
- Free wireless Internet everywhere, plus a computer room/library
- Peace and quiet. (The main pool with pool bar is typically more active/noisy; if you want quiet, move to another pool area.)
- No children under 18
- Beautiful beach with only one other hotel in the immediate area, so no salespeople or beggars
- Well-tended grounds
- Excellent staff - polite, friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable in their area.
- Well-equipped gym with 5 treadmills, plus ellipticals, stair-steppers, weights, etc. There are showers, bathrooms, etc. in the exercise/yoga room next door.
- Windsurfers, Hobie Cats, and kayaks are available on the beach at no charge.
- Nightly entertainment at 7 and 9:30. Live bands and singers are at 7PM at Cafe Kafe. 9:30PM shows are in the Theater. We especially enjoyed the Michael Jackson and Madonna shows. There is some later entertainment, usually at Alegria Bar, but we were never able to stay awake for that.
Cons: None that we can think of!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun