When the staff met my wife and I at the door with a glass of champagne before we'd even checked in, I knew it was a sign of good things to come. That level of service was maintained throughout our stay. A bellhop took our bags to our room while explaining some things about the resort (dress codes, where the bars are, times they open, etc), where they had already prepared our room in building 1. We stayed in the rooftop terrace room, which was incredible. On clear nights, sitting in our private pool with a beer looking up at the stars was fantastic. My wife and I decided that it was a tossup between excellence club or the rooftop terrace (when we stayed the price difference was negligible). So I think next time we'll go with excellence club.
Room service was prompt and delicious. We decided that it's worth it to wake up and go to the breakfast buffet at La Toscana, though. The food is better than the room service menu and there's a much better selection. Our favorite restaurant was the Indian one (Basmati was its name I think). Chicken Tikka Masala was very good. It's also a bit more intimate than the other restaurants because it's smaller and less trafficked. The Grill's steaks were above average, but well worth eating. Chez Isabelle was where my wife and I had our "honeymoon dinner", where we were allowed to order from a special menu and had rose petals around our table. I didn't think the special menu was anything spectacular, but she enjoyed it.
Drinks were a little on the weak side, but if you asked the bartender, they'd pour heavy. I don't think anybody said "no" to anything we asked for the entire 5 day stay. The main pool's swim up bar was great, I don't think I had to wait for a drink at all. We also enjoyed the lazy river which was strangely deserted almost the entire time we were there.
To say this resort is beautiful is an understatement. Everywhere I looked I couldn't believe just how green and clean everything was!
I was initially scared about food poisoning, what with the resort being in Mexico. The staff put my mind at ease and by the end of the trip I was eating and drinking whatever I wanted without fear. Neither one of us got sick. They do mention in the in-room information pamphlet not to drink the tap water or shower water, but everything else is safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, HotelsClick and LoveHolidays so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun